“Dependable & Convenient”

and 1 more site!
HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Tucked away on 9W a Conference Hotel on the IBM campus property. Lots of amenities fitness, great banquet restaurant. The hotel grounds are stunning, this is not the Ritz rooms are a bit worn but comfy, this place is for Adults, great location hotel for a trip to Nyc GWB, Bergen or Rockland county. You will be surprised, it is convenient for true new yorkers.

• Stayed: June 2012

Reviewed May 22, 2012

The staff at this hotel was very friendly! Accommodations were clean, but could use some updates. Grounds are beautiful and hotel layout is perfect for a conference. Continental Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Guest service for night auditor was fantastic, as I did arrive very late. She was energetic, attentive, courteous. Upon entering the room, it wad very humid and musty. I located the thermostat and while attempting to adjust the temp, I was approached by a black spider with a white stripe down its body. After killing the spider, and checking my sheets for insects (hotel habit), u found yet another spider at the bottom of the bed on the bed skirt. Not happy. I called the front desk and informed the person that answered, He apologized and assured me that a manager would contact me first thing in the morning; as it was approaching 11pm. At noon I had still not heard from a manager and upon check out asked to speak with a manager. The agent began abruptly and rudely asking Mr why and whether or not I drank the water in the room. I told her that I was awaiting a call from the morning manager and had not received a call. She again questioned me as to what I wanted and why, and would not contact the manager. Finally I abruptly told her that I will be waiting in the lobby until she contacts the manager. 5 minutes later, she did and he addressed the concern, apologized for the inconvenience and offered a discount on my stay. As far as cleanliness- needs dusting, cobwebs were in corners; new pillow cases as they are discolored, and perhaps a plastic cover for the extra pillow that is stored in the closet. Overall its just OK. Needs new furniture, everything is faded and worn. Just cosmetic work seriously.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank smurfjeep711
Dave R, Manager at HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

It was a pleasure meeting you and would like to appologize once again for your experience during your stay with us. I am happy to have been able to offer you another guestroom, one of which was to your satisfaction but also understand how important a first impression is to our guests and unfortunately we failed in that aspect. We will share your feedback with our team and utilize it to improve upon our services and standards which are very important to us as a company.

Regards
Dolce Palisades Hotel

Reviewed May 2, 2012

What more can you ask for from a resort. Yes it's a conference center, that you wouldn't even be aware of unless you were there to attend a conference because the facilities are designed to separate the areas. The surroundings would make any resort proud. The dining options are pricey, but for a Sunday buffet with a swan pecking at the glass window a foot from where you are eating it was worth it and the for the breakfast buffet was actually reasonable. The staff were incredibly friendly and I did have my 16 year old daughter with me and we did not encounter the same issues as Pat M, but I understand she might have run into issues we didn't. I could definitely see this being more of a corporate or couples retreat then family night stay. However for the convenience of the location to Manhatten, the surroundings, the staff and the price, our stay was nothing short of perfect. We plan to return.

Room Tip: Pond view on a higher floor. Don't forget to check out the fitness facility, it has mini basketb...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, Manager at HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Thank you for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated! We are delighted to know that we have met and or exceeded your expectations! Looking forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

P.S - Sadie (the swan) loves being the center of attention!

Warm regards

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I've stayed here often, and find the other reviews interesting.

First of all, it's a corporate conference center, not a hotel. (If you want a quick hotel stay in the area, try the Orangeburg Holiday Inn.). It's really not designed for the casual traveller, and definitely not designed for kids.

Having said that, if you are in the area and need a room, the nightly rates are not bad. But the place is geared to the conferences that are there.

It has gotten a little run down, but IBM recently sold it to Citibank. I hope they freshen it up.

Yes, the food is good, and the jogging path is really pretty. I've never had a dirty room, just a little run down.

Room Tip: Ask to be near elevator. Long walk otherwise.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank kib57
Dave R, Manager at HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience with us. Feedback such as yours helps us improve our operation and therefore better serve our guests. Was there anything in particular from a service or delivery aspect which did not meet your needs during your stay?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards

Dave Roman
Director of Rooms

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed a Sunday night with my spouse, Beautiful grounds. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Furnishings show signs of wear and could use an update. We had a problem with the toilet not flushing properly and it took almost 40 minutes for a maintenance person to come to fix it. Meanwhile, we couldn't use it and had to wait around and waste time that could have been used to take showers and get ready for our outing. Parking is a little hike from the hotel - not so bad in warm weather, but we were here in January - so we used the valet service. However, when I realized I left my glasses in the car, it seemed too much trouble to get them. I had stayed here years ago for a business meeting and had no problems then. This is more of a place for business meetings than vacationers.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat M
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I checked into the hotel, only to be told that my children would not be allowed in the pool. As a business traveler, this may be good news - but as a business woman traveling on the weekend with my two kids -- this was a shock!
Even worse - no manager on duty to discuss it with - after checking out after the 1st night - hotel refused to credit the 2nd night - families beware! This is a convention center - not a location for a family say.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SharkNY90
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palisades
Hampton Inn & Suites Yonkers
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
2 mi away
Residence Inn Orangeburg Rockland/Bergen
Courtyard by Marriott Tarrytown Westchester County

Been to HNA Palisades Premier Conference Center? Share your experiences!