I expected more from this lodge. The room was not ready when I got arrived. The extra pillow did not have a pillowcase either night I was there. I did not realize that the lodging accomodated pets - there were dogs barking in the room under mine. The owner told me that she never heard them barking but she was also at the other end of the lodge. She told me that she would speak to the owners. The barking stopped but there was still barking during the night. Make sure when you ask for a room if there are any dogs and if there is a children/teen function. We encountered a lot of teenagers making a lot of noise. I had wished when I had booked that the owners had told me that. I would have planned for another time to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic year-round lodge set on the banks of the famed Kaaterskill Creek with spacious, comfortable rooms, some with fireplaces, and several cabins. Close to Hunter & Windham Ski resports, Woodstock, Saugerties and Horse Shows in the Sun. Full service steakhouse & pub on site open daily with Off Track Betting Parlor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Catskill Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catskill Mountain Hotel Palenville
- Catskill Mountain Lodge Catskill Region/Palenville, NY