Just got back yesterday from our wonderful trip to the Catskills. We have been coming to the Catskills, namely the Catskill Mountain Lodge for over 30 years and I must say that it was better than ever. The service from the new owners Kathy and Al is friendly, warm, knowledgeable and welcoming. If a family atmosphere is what you are looking for, look no further. The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, there is a good restaurant (serving breakfast, lunch and dinner) and lounge on the premise. The Lodge is located near many tourist attractions and the one everyone was talking about was the new zip line up at Hunter Mountain. Unfortunately, we didn't get there this week, but we are already planning our next trip up in two weeks and are bringing our parents. If sightseeing is not your thing, there is a wonderful clean pool, in a serene setting, a gameroom for the kids and a gym that my husband and son took advantage of. We can't wait to return. P.S. If you are "city slickers" like my family, make sure to take a look at the country night sky. The stars are incredible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic year-round lodge set on the banks of the famed Kaaterskill Creek with spacious, comfortable rooms, some with fireplaces, and several cabins. Close to Hunter & Windham Ski resports, Woodstock, Saugerties and Horse Shows in the Sun. Full service steakhouse & pub on site open daily with Off Track Betting Parlor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Catskill Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catskill Mountain Hotel Palenville
- Catskill Mountain Lodge Catskill Region/Palenville, NY