We stayed here by chance for one night in February in order to ski in the area (there was a lot of new snow, and most of the hotels were completely full). We were met at check-in by Kathy, who is very friendly. We asked to see our room before paying, though, because from the outside the Catskill Mountain Lodge looks like what it is - a lodge - and we weren't sure what the rooms would be like inside. The room was dated, but very clean, so we took it. Our room had two Queen beds which were comfortable, a cable tv, a balcony, an electric fireplace, and a medium-sized bathroom with two sinks and good toiletry products (shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc.). We were pleasantly surprised! Although the accommodations aren't luxury, and perhaps a bit expensive, we would definitely stay here again - pretty close to both Hunter and Windham, with a good restaurant on site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic year-round lodge set on the banks of the famed Kaaterskill Creek with spacious, comfortable rooms, some with fireplaces, and several cabins. Close to Hunter & Windham Ski resports, Woodstock, Saugerties and Horse Shows in the Sun. Full service steakhouse & pub on site open daily with Off Track Betting Parlor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Catskill Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catskill Mountain Hotel Palenville
- Catskill Mountain Lodge Catskill Region/Palenville, NY