Just returned from a weekend skiing at Hunter and staying at the Catskill Mountain Lodge. Went with a cousin and all we wanted to do was ski, eat, drink and sleep. The Lodge provided all of that and more. First, it is only approx 15 minutes from Hunter which was a huge bonus. Sure there are much closer hotels, but I'm sure they did not get the same treatment at such a reasonable price. Next the owner, Al, could not have been any nicer or laid back. He recommended the Lodge bar for their great food and drink. We took his advice and walked into the bar with a huge fireplace and welcoming bartender/cook Janet. She could not have been any nicer and recommended several of the local beers on tap (I think there were 10 or more on tap). All that we tried were fantastic. We then got a steak standwich w/ crumbled blue cheese (incredible!), cheeseburger (great!) and some of the best buffalo wings we have ever! The wings were so good that we ordered them the second night (yes we ate dinner there twice because the food & service was so good). The second night we had a craveing for turkey club but it was not on the menu. I asked Janet & she said no problem & made us both turket clubs. The bar also had a cool Juke Box with a variety of music (clasic & new). We also ate breakfast twice at the restaurant (attached to the bar). The pancakes & waffles were homemade and had warm syrup on top (fantastic). The room offered all that you needed as it was clean, warm & had great hot water & water pressure. In closing, for the money, this place was much, much, much better than expected. We were beyond pleasantly surprised and would stay at the Lodge anytime in the future!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic year-round lodge set on the banks of the famed Kaaterskill Creek with spacious, comfortable rooms, some with fireplaces, and several cabins. Close to Hunter & Windham Ski resports, Woodstock, Saugerties and Horse Shows in the Sun. Full service steakhouse & pub on site open daily with Off Track Betting Parlor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Catskill Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catskill Mountain Hotel Palenville
- Catskill Mountain Lodge Catskill Region/Palenville, NY