All reviewskindred spiritsmountain lodgebit datedmountain jamski resortmy boyfriendalcathyhikingwoodstock
Reviewed November 27, 2014

What can I say, this place totally rocked! After spending 4 nights in NY city, I needed some peace and quiet. When I rang and spoke to the front desk, I was greeted by one of the friendly owners Kathy. I asked her if there was anyway I could arrive a day earlier than expected, she immediately set about changing my booking and making a room available....What a lovely lady!
On arrival, I was greeted by her wonderful husband Al. He was so helpful and friendly and made sure we immediately felt comfortable. After unpacking the car, and making our way to our room, I was pleasantly surprised by the size and cleanliness. We had a balcony with a little table and chairs where we could just sit and enjoy the serenity.
That evening, we made our way to the Kindred Spirits Steakhouse & Pub, which was conveniently located at the front of the lodge. After travelling all over the U.S, we were surprised to learn that the best steaks and coldest beers were served right here! The publican was so friendly and helpful, and no request was too great. The local characters at the bar made us feel so welcome, and it was great sharing a laugh with them. We loved the food and beer so much, that we returned the following night to try the burgers....Turns out they were the best in the U.S too.
In summary, we found this place to be one of our favorites during our 5 weeks of travel. We both slept like babies and I would definitely return here given the chance. The beds were soft, the shower was great, there was coffee in the lobby 24/7 which is a big plus and there was also a coffee machine in our room. The surroundings were just perfect, and the location was really convenient. We could go for a drive to surrounding towns and then come back to this little hidden gem. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank oddbotts
alguart, General Manager at Catskill Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2015

Our new friends from Down Under! We enjoyed your company so much. All the staff had fond recollections of you two. We want to thank you for taking time to tell others about our humble Lodge in such detail. You make a great couple and we wish you had stayed here longer, too!

Reviewed October 21, 2014

This was my first time staying at the Catskill Mountain Lodge. The hotel is easily accessable from NYC and is located near various hiking trails and mountains in the area. There's a homely feel to this small hotel. There is a convenient steak house/bar located at the hotel that provided great food and live music. The room prices were reasonable and the room itself was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Bobby F
alguart, Owner at Catskill Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2014

Thank you, Bobby, for staying with us during your hiking expedition and for taking time to share your experience with others. We're glad you had a good time. We are lucky to be near Kaaterskill Falls, the Catskill Park and all the beautiful hiking trails. Every day is like a landscape painting around here. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 17, 2014

Our family spent a weekend here and we look forward to doing it again. The food at the on site restaurant is great (I recommend the pork chops), and so is the draft beer! The kids love swimming in the pool which is clean and big enough for kids and adults. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and cozy. We're planning a fall outage and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for taking time to share your experiences at the Catskill Mountain Lodge with other travelers. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 16, 2014

I've stayed at the Catskill Mountain Lodge many times now. I take part in some different festivals in the area throughout the year and staying at the CML only adds to the great experience! Nestled at the foot of beautiful enormous mountains, the CML is a cozy little place I want to keep coming back to. The staff is friendly and helpful and the food is OUTSTANDING!!

• Stayed: October 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dan F

Thanks, Dan, for being a loyal guest and for sharing your experiences at The Lodge with others. We're planning to have lots of fun activities at next year's NY TAP beer festival with you guys!

Reviewed October 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel needs updating ! I wish I could add a picture of the tv. Internet only works in lobby. Heater/cooler system was broken. After speaking with the owners they thought we had no reason to complain. We paid $150 for a room. The nearby falls are beautiful.

• Stayed: October 2014
13  Thank Benacquisto

We regret you report not having a great experience with us and were surprised by your review. We thought we addressed your concerns while you were here. As far as we knew, your family was warm and comfortable. We made sure to ask your husband about the room temperature during a follow-up and he said it was fine. The TV in your room was an older one, but it worked. Time Warner Cable has since replaced the cable box so that room gets all the channels it is supposed to.

The Free WiFi is not guaranteed to work in every room but it does work well in most rooms. It is available 24/7 in the Lobby and also during business hours in the steakhouse. Most people come here to enjoy the outdoors, the festivals and activities. But those who need WiFi for work or for other reasons should request a room where the signal is strong.

Our impression was your family seemed happy whenever we encountered them, including at the Continental Breakfast area in the morning. We truly thought we had addressed your complaints while you were here.