“Great Steakhouse”

Kindred Spirits Steakhouse & Pub
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Palenville
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pub
Reviewed August 27, 2008

My wife and I decided to get away with the kids for the weekend and chose to stay at Catskill Mountain Lodge, which is the location for Kindred Spirits, a fantastic steakhouse restaurant close to Hunter Mountain.
I have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed dining at Kindred Spirits, and were impressed with the service and the personal attention we received from Al and Kathy, owners of the Catskill Lodge. I have been going to Hunter Mountain for years, and rate this a top choice for dining.

1  Thank march04

Reviewed March 5, 2008

If their accomodations are anything like the restaurant we visited on their property, RUN AWAY! FAST! First, I'm not one to normally sit down and feverishly write reviews, but after the single WORST dining experience of my entire life, here I am...we chose this restaurant because of it's close proximity to The Woodbine Inn (FABULOUS, by the way) and arrived around 9:00 pm on a Saturday with just 3 other occupied tables in the restaurant. Our party of 9 sat down and ordered. We were there for a fun weekend with friends and spared no expense when ordering! TWO HOURS later, we had only been served salads (which took nearly 45 minutes). We inquired with our server and miraculously our food appeared...and it was COLD, and truly NOT able to be consumed! My "maple mustard pork" was as tough as a lacrosse ball and had NO glaze for which it was mistakenly named. Others who had ordered steaks found that they had been sitting out so long the glaze/sauce had a thick skin on it. Worse yet, those who had ordered pasta found it literally cold to the touch! When we asked for the owner, in a disgustingly cocky manner, he said "What do you want me to say? Sometimes it takes this long." If I could have the time back, I would've made PB&Js at home than have given this establishment a dime!

7  Thank katd1414