“Excellent Value”
Review of Corning Inn

Corning Inn
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Stayed for two nights while visiting relatives. Well kept and managed facility with excellent service. Plan to use as a bedroom for all my future trips to the area. This is not a resort facility, but it is very clean. Breakfast was not fancy, but it was more than adequate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank jim t

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were looking for a place half way between Phila and Toronto, and didn't want to spend lots of money. Was surprised at the prices in this area, but this place fit the bill. A cheap place to spend the night. Staff was friendly, gave us extra towels upon request. Not sure if it's undergoing renovations or not, but it use to be a Super 8. Major complaint was the shampoo was a little packet I couldn't rip open. Breakfast wasn't great, but they had cereal and OJ. You get what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kidletsaunt
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was struggling to find a hotel all night, as most were booked up in the area. I stumbled upon this one, which was only 10 minutes away from work the next day and also very close to a Walmart which I needed. Perfect location.

The receptionist was very accommodating, chatty and friendly, offered to help me with anything and said to call him anytime. He also made sure to check I got to my room ok. I think he was the owner, not sure.

The room was impeccably clean, including the bathroom floor, which not all hotels usually make the effort to clean. It even appeared the blanket was washed also, which is rare, as most hotels don't bother. I was pleasantly surprised by this last minute find at a very good price. The room was fresh, smoke free and I will stay here again on future trips!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Kate_L0ND0N
Reviewed May 2, 2012

My mum and I had a nightmare of a drive along hwy 15 and couldn't find any motels under $149.00/night because of the gas line they're putting in, workers are staying in all the motels/hotels along the 15.
It was midnight when we got to the Corning Inn after trying about 6 other motels. We were pleased with the price of $56.95, but didn't expect much. We were pleasantly surprised, the room was clean, bedding looked fairly new, there was a fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom was clean and fresh. There was breakfast in the morning, not day old muffins (like some) there were a couple of cereals to choose from and real juice, milk and assort. pastries. The owners helped us with our directions the next morning and were very nice.
It was a sat. night and there was NO NOISE!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank motherfigure
Reviewed November 10, 2011

We went to Corning Museum for the day and decided we would stay the night. When I was researching hotels in Corning they were pretty expensive. So, I saw painted Post was not to far from Corning. Literally the next exit. We pulled up to Corning Inn and I was alreay kinda weary! The workers were all very friendly and nice! But, the Inn was really old and run down. Rooms I would have to say have not had any type of updates in years. I was kinda nervous to walk on floor without sock or shoes on. The bed was very old....everything was old. Lesson learned....sometimes it's better to pay a little more! I knew it was only considered a 2 star and that is excatly what it was. Not far from Corning, shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Havingagoodtime67
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I travel an oil and gas company, so hotels are an every day thing for us. The area is beautiful, and this hotel really does it for me. The owners are as nice as can be, and extremely accomodating. They're very amiable and personable, and treat you like family. The price is very decent, the rooms are all set with everything you need. As someone stated above, never ran out of hot water, and considering the volume of oil and gas companies up there, the noise level was a bare minimum! On one occasion, guest next door were making a continual racket at all, and they were moved to another room the next day. If I'm ever in the area again, I'll stay here with no problems. To be honest, it's got a much better quality than hotels I've been in with a professed three or four star quality.
On another note, as an 'extended stay' housekeeping is phenomenal! Sheets changed every two days (And never missed), and a general cleaning every day. They're all so friendly and helpful. This really stood out to me, considering other hotels would barely refresh the towels once a week, let alone the sheets. For traveling aspect, close to watkins glenn, corning, and horseheads, with offers many shopping and tourism aspects. I hope I'll be back! It's such a nice place, with a feeling of home.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the front parking lot. The back side has a beautiful view, and the noise from the...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Brienn P
Reviewed August 14, 2011

I was driving home from my cottage in Canada and decided to stop by Corning, New York to visit the glass museum. Philadelphia was too far away to get there in one day.

I checked hotels from a rest stop, and everything was full! TripAdvisor gave me two hotels in Painted Post, and I called Corning Inn.

I woke up KP, the owner. His regular person was on vacation this weekend. He was sleepy, but he offered me the last room, a smoking room, if I wanted it. I could come see it. I got there 20 minutes later and called him again to wake him up. He showed me the room, and it was clean, simple two double bed room. One of the light bulbs was out, but the room had a refrigerator and a microwave. Beds were good enough.

Like another reviewer said, this hotel does the job!

(For the record, I skipped the NASCAR race and went to the museum, after 20 minutes of debate!)

KP was magnanimous. He talks quickly and sometimes is hard to understand but he is friendly, business saavy, and personable.

The hotel is a little worm down, no doubt, but it is clean, friendly, safe, and rates were $50 better than other major chains.

Breakfast was cereal, danishes, OJ and Apple Juice, and coffee. Just what I needed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
#3 of 6 in Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post

Been to Corning Inn? Share your experiences!