Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area
Corning Inn(Painted Post)
Comfort Inn(Corning)
Erwin Motel(Painted Post)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskcookiesroom was cleancrackerswent above and beyondwould stay here againdvd playernice touchlate at nightbreakfast itemsgreat place to staystayed one nightnext morningfinger lakescheesehiesnacks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2014

Everything was great - great location, nice service, great complimentary breakfast, very clean and comfortable.

There was only one reason that knocked this hotel down from a 5-star to a 4-star. The mini-fridge in the room had three beers in a ripped beer box and a half-finished water bottle. After seeing this, we skeptically searched around the room for other unfinished cleaning jobs. Fortunately, everything else seemed to be fine.

I do understand that everyone makes mistakes - so perhaps the cleaning staff just forgot to check the fridge. Just check the fridge if you come to this hotel!

1  Thank dmfnswm
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2014

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you found the location to be convenient, your room to be to your liking and that you enjoyed the breakfast in the morning.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the situation with the refrigerator in your room. I have addressed this issue with my entire housekeeping staff and can assure you that it has been corrected.

I look forward to you staying with us in the future on any trips you may take to the area.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We stopped overnight for a planned trip to the Corning Museum in the morning. This was a superlative Holiday Inn Express and I would recommend it highly. The room was spacious and very clean. A bit of noise coming from the corridor was noticeable but not problematic. But the extra touches in the hotel were what really set this stop apart. Their snacks were available throughout the day for any time you came in or wanted to relax some place other than your room. They also offered an extensive list of movies on DVD which you could borrow and play on the DVD players in every room. And the staff were most attentive and friendly. They try very hard to do a great job and it shows. Definitely a notch above.

1  Thank markhamwanderer

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your trip to the Corning Museum of Glass. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy the snacks in the evening and the DVDs that we have available for guest use. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the attentiveness of the staff, they do strive to make every guest's stay a memorable one.

I look forward to seeing you on any future trips you may take to our area.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

Stopped here on way to Cape Cod because we wanted to visit Corning Museum. It was a little further from Corning than I expected, but not a problem. It is a typical Holiday Inn Express, nothing fancy, but a comfortable bed, some noise from the highway, . The staff was very friendly and gave us good suggestions and directions for dinner. There is not much in the immediate neighborhood for food, or anything else. In an out of the way spot, but very convenient to the highway. It is set back from road, so not easy to find. Coming back from dinner, we got off at the wrong exit. It is much cheaper to stay here than the hotels that are actually in Corning. We met several groups that were making it their base for several days visit to Museums, wineries, etc. I would use it for that purpose. WIFI was spotty at best.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found your room to be comfortable and the staff to be helpful.

I apologize that the highway noise was disturbing to you. When you visit in the future please contact us about assigning your room to the front side of the building away from the highway. We also offer a complimentary “Sweet Dreams” program which provides you with earplugs or a sound machine for your room, this can help ensure a good night's sleep.

Thank you for staying with us and please come see us again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Pleasantly surprised with very clean, newly renovated hotel. Nice size rooms Great location with a truly accommodating and wonderful staff. Good breakfast selection. Definitely recommend to anyone traveling in the area

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carol E
Rosemary M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

I am very pleased to see that you were happy with your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I passed your comments regarding the staff on to everyone and you have truly made their day. The entire staff strives to make sure that every guest receives a memorable experience.

I look forward to seeing you on your future trips to our area.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

The Hampton Inn was full so we chose to stay at the Holiday Inn Express. It is right off the interstate so there was noise at night. The room was basically neat. The one upholstered chair had a noticeable stain on the seat. We were in Room 303 and heard a noise in our bathroom. I wondered if the air conditioning unit for the whole building was right above that.

The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. We found the price of the hotel to be a little high. Nacar was in town so there were not many choices for us.

Room Tip: Room 303 was at the back of the hotel. Could hear noise from I 86. Also had some noise in the bathroom from above. Air conditioning unit? We were on the top floor. I would stay on the front side next time.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. They strive to make every guest's experience a pleasant one.

I apologize for the noise issue with your room, on future trips to our area please contact us and we can assign your room to the front side of the building away from the highway. We also offer a complimentary Sweet Dreams program which can provide you with earplugs or a sound machine for your room, this can help ensure a good night's sleep.

Please contact me personally if you would like to discuss these issues further.