“Overall our stay was fine, would have liked it if someone...”

Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lexington, South Carolina
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I stayed (actually, I am currently staying) at the Ramada Inn in Painted Post. I am on a research trip for my dissertation. My funding is very limited, so I had to choose hotels based on economy. Basically, you get what you pay for with this hotel. It is an old Holiday Inn that was converted to a Ramada when Holiday Inn decided the hotel was no longer worth maintaining and no longer met its standards. The hotel is dated and showing signs of lacking maintenance. The marble floor in the lobby and hallway have holes it. You don't notice them at first because they actually look like they are part of the marble, until you look a little closer. My room had peeling wall paper and the toilet required holding the handle down for the entire flush cycle in order for the water to actually go down and not just fill up the bowl. The ceiling in the shower showed early signs of mold or mildew. The free WI-FI hasn't worked since I got here. It is supposed to be password free, but I get errors that the router is too far away. When I inquired about the internet problems, the male staff was very rude. There were also signs of poor housekeeping. Lastly, the bed was not very comfortable. That being said, the hotel does seem to be safe, but then that might be more a reflection of the area than the hotel. My recommendation is to stay elsewhere unless you are on a budget and don't have much choice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Schenectady, New York
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Everything I expected from this type of hotel. No problems, clean, quiet. Pool area could be a little better attended to, but otherwise it was fine.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Richard V
Rebecca O, Manager at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to provide us with important feedback. We appreciate the clean and quiet comment. We do try to keep everything neat and clean! As for the pool I will pass on to maintenance about the lack of attentiveness to that area, in order to fufill your expectations next time. Thank you, Management.
Painted Post
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Pros: Very nice and clean hotel ,friendly staff good location
Cons: very bad sound isolation between rooms , lighting was poor
I guess for the price we paid the hotel did meet our expectations

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

1 Thank Gerry M
Rebecca O, Manager at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write us a positive review. We hope to see you again! Management
Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I haven't had many bad experiences in hotels before as usually I have nothing to complain about. Unfortunately, the same can't be said about a recent stay at the Ramada in Painted Post NY. The room was slightly dated, which wasn't the end of the world - but the carpet was absolutely filthy. I had white socks on and within minutes my wife asked me I was wearing dirty socks - we then realized it was the carpet. Near the fridge the carpet was wet and it appeared it was leaking into the carpet as well. God knows how long it's been going on for.

Front desk staff were really nice, however.

I usually pay attention to TripAdvisor reviews and there is a reason this is ranked 5/7. I suggest looking elsewhere for similar value or pay a few more bucks for something better.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iTravel_-_Around_Eh
I am sorry that you had an undesirable experience during your stay with us. Unfortunately, sometimes things go wrong unbeknownst to us and we find out through a guest before we have a chance to fix it. We would like to have a second chance to create a positive experience for you if you'd give us the chance. Front Desk Manager

Travelers are raving about these Painted Post hotels

Americas Best Value Inn
#6 of 7 in Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Ramada Painted Post Corning? Share your experiences!