“The staff does a wonderful job of running an excellent...”

Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Robin G, Sales & Markting at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Robin G, Sales & Marketing at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Reviewed August 10, 2013

I have stayed at this Ramada several times, I always enjoy it there. The staff is exceptionally friendly. They have a bar which I usually have a beer after work, and I have eaten all of my meals in their restaurant and the food is GREAT. Since they have started the "FREE" breakfast , this location is really a great value. I would highly recommend it your next time in the Painted Post area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Slyfox07024
Robin G, Sales & Marketing at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Thank you for the enthusiastic review! We certainly enjoy it when guests acknowledge our efforts. You are correct in stating that the free hot breakfast buffet makes us a great value - we hear from others that it far surpasses the standard "coffee, juice & donut" offerings found in other places. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you any time you stay with us.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank elisamcm
Robin G, Sales & Marketing at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I arrived very late at night and was put in a room on the first floor. The room was so damp that the carpet felt clammy and my clothes all felt damp in my suitcase in the morning. The room reeked of mildew, the shower curtain was moldy and the tub didn't drain. On the second day, I couldn't breathe from the mold, (and I still have a sinus infection as a result) and my son's bed was covered with small ants. I asked for a different room. The front desk sent housekeeping who said they didn't see the ants and couldn't smell anything. They moved us upstairs to a room that had no microwave and the toilet didn't flush. Tired of dealing with the front desk, I went to the nearby home depot, bought a plunger and fixed the toilet myself. The nighttime security doors do not work/were left unlocked all night. The stairwells were dirty and felt unsafe. The upstairs hallways were not climate controlled (very hot). The guest laundry left grease stains all over my clothes (clearly the washer has NEVER been cleaned) and the dryer didn't work-so I ended up having to hang my clothes in the closet to dry. I was never offered any type of compensation for the multiple inconveniences. I didn't dare try the pool-because I didn't want to end up with some sort of heinous bacteria in light of all the other negative experiences at this hotel. I go to Corning regularly for work with the museum and I GUARANTEE I will never stay at this Ramada again. In fact, I am so soured by the experience that I will never stay at ANY Ramada again.

Room Tip: the upstairs rooms were dry and didn't have bugs-(that I'm aware of). That's the nicest...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Robin G, Sales & Marketing at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

We are sincerely sorry that your visit was marred by a series of unfortunate happenings! We understand how upsetting it can be to check into a hotel - especially very late when you are tired - and find things that are not to your liking. Your comments are being taken very seriously and our Housekeeping staff is dealing with the issues you mentioned; thank you for bringing them to our attention. If I may address a few of the other issues: we advertise that some of our rooms are equipped with microwaves and refrigerators but not all. We could certainly have provided you with one immediately if requested. Our swimming pool is checked multiple times daily; it exceeds Health Department standards and is sparkling clean for guests to enjoy. Unfortunately, your visit coincided with the hottest and most humid weather we have ever experienced and the hallway AC of course chose that time to malfunction. While we can't predict when these kinds of little disasters will strike, we are in complete sympathy with your feelings - it was hot! The complaint about tiny ants was addressed immediately. (We apologize if you thought the staff was being unhelpful; she believed you but simply did not see them herself.) We want our guests to have relaxing, worry-free visits with us and we are deeply sorry that you had to experience these bothersome issues. Please know that your comments helped us to increase our vigilance about some Housekeeping issues. We hope you will visit us again and let us demonstrate that we are constantly striving to improve and grow, thanks in large part to our guests' input.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Sande S
Robin G, Sales & Maketing at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Reviewed July 30, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Robin G, Sales & Marketing at Ramada Painted Post Corning, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Painted Post
#6 of 7 in Painted Post
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area
Radisson Hotel Corning
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)

Been to Ramada Painted Post Corning? Share your experiences!