“Don't like this hotel”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Toronto, Canada
“Don't like this hotel”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel's room is big, however, the toilet is so small. All amenities seems to be aged old. Furnishing need to be refurbished, toilet need to be updated (at least to make it looks clean; my daughter even didn't want to go inside the toilet). The worst of all is there is no elevator, u need to carry all luggage to the 2nd floor. Will never visit this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am sorry to see that you were unhappy with your recent stay at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for us. We are currently in the planning process of some renovations and all comments that we receive are being used in this process, so your comments are very helpful to us.

I hope that if you are ever back in our area you will reconsider and stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am writing to express my complete dissatisfaction in my recent stay at the Econo Lodge Painted Post. After a long drive from Baltimore, we checked into the hotel after midnight on Fri, 8/30 with the original reservation having us checkout on Sunday, 9/1.

Upon arrival, we were immediately disappointed in the condition of the hotel. The entrance and lobby area were dated and had an overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke which permeated through the hotel corridors. Having an infant with us, staying in such conditions was not ideal. However, since it was a ‘non-refundable reservation’ we had no choice. To make the experience even more difficult, the room we were given had an odor comparable to that of a room experiencing water damage (being a real estate agent also, I am familiar with the smell) This was tolerable but again, not ideal with an infant.

Which leads me to the most frustrating part of the stay. Online, I specifically reserved a room with a Crib as our second bed option. I also called the day before we were supposed to check-in, to confirm that there would be a crib in the room, which I was assured there would be. Our room was equipped not with a crib, but with a play pen. This of course did not work with our son who did not sleep the first night whatsoever. I understand him not sleeping is uncontrollable, but the fact the room was advertised and reserved under the assumption a crib would be available is not right. I would recommend changing the amenity to guests as a ‘pack and play’ or a ‘play pen’…but definitely not a crib. If we would have known this ahead of time we would’ve made appropriate arrangements and brought one along.

Due to the inconvenience, we actually ended up checking out a day early and we were not able to be refunded the night we didn’t stay. The hotel staff were courteous and empathetic, but really did nothing to fix the situation. I understand ‘non-refundable’ but the experience was completely not what we were paying for and expected.

I will say, the bright spot of the time at Econo Lodge was the breakfast offerings and cookies. Very nice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
I would like to take this time to apologize for the concerns that you had during your recent stay with us. I appreciate your feedback and all information that we receive is used to improve service for our guests. We are currently planning some renovations to the hotel and your input will be used in this planning process.

I hope that you will consider staying with us in the future on any trips to our area.
Canadensis
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I stayed only one night, but it was very pleasant! I wanted a nice motel close to the Corning Museum of Glass and found this one. It is close to the museum, but in a very quiet area. I enjoyed the popcorn in the lobby! Next time I'd like to stay longer. The only thing I was not entirely pleased with was the continental breakfast. As an individual with gluten intolerance, there was very little to choose from. (Bagels, pastries, bread for toast, cereal)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel to be convenient for your visit to the Corning Museum of Glass. I am pleased that you enjoyed the popcorn in the evenings and that your room was quiet and comfortable.

I hope that you will be able to spend more time with us on your next visit to the area.
Boston
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The hotel needed a little TLC and updating, but the room was clean and comfortable and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We had a room with one queen, fridge, microwave, table, ironing board, tv, wi-fi for $80 AAA price.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face a nice view of the nearby hills.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on TripAdvisor. I am happy to see that you found your room to be comfortable and to your liking and that the staff was helpful.

The view of the hills is very nice from the hotel and I am glad that you enjoyed it.

We are currently planning some renovations to the hotel and I hope that you will come and see us again on any future trips to the area.
Blandon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I've stayed at quite a few Econo Lodge Hotels over the years, and this by far was the nicest of them all. The exterior looks nothing like any Econo Lodge I have ever stayed at - very clean and immaculately landscaped. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful at both check-in and check-out. Breakfast was a little on the bland side, but I really don't expect much out of the breakfast at any hotel I stay at. There is only so much you can do with food that must be kept in warmers for the masses to pick at. Room was very large and for the most part clean. My only complaint would be in the bathroom, where a little spider had a nice little web built in the corner behind the toilet, and the cove base was coming off the walls at several spots. If the bathroom would have been nicer, this place would have gotten a 4 star rating instead of a 3. Would still not hesitate to stay here again. Great find.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that your room was spacious and to your liking.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding our landscaping and the appearance of the building, I am pleased that you found everything to be attractive.

I appreciate your comments regarding the bathroom, we are in the planning stages of a renovation that will include our bathrooms and all input that we receive is being taken into consideration in the process.

I hope that you will stay with us again on your future trips through the area.
Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Had stayed here when visiting the Corning Museum of Glass.

Checking in was very convenient. And the gentleman working the desk was very friendly and helpful. They had free cookies, popcorn and coffee in the lobby when we got there.

The room was a good size with a double bed 2 chairs and a table, coat rack, small fridge and a tv.

We got in late, and ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut, and found the table and chairs handy for eating a meal.

Internet is wireless and worked very well. We slept well in the bed and found the noise level to be very quiet.

The hotel was very busy and bustling in the morning, with many familiesr in the lobby and breakfast room.

The breakfast room was a disaster, very messy and what was there for food was slim. All that was available when we had arrived was eggs, bacon, juice and cereal. I personally passed on breakfast.

All in all I had no complaints on the price, and even with the bad breakfast experience, there was plenty of places nearby to have breakfast. I think if we we visiting the area again, we would stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review about your recent stay at our hotel.

I was very happy to see that check-in was convenient and friendly, and that your room was quiet and to your liking. I am glad that you enjoyed the cookies and popcorn in the evening.

Thank you for your comments regarding your breakfast experience, I have passed this information on to my breakfast team to help ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant breakfast in the morning.

I hope that you will stay with us again on any future trips you may make to our area.
PA
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is one of our favorite places to stay. From Rosemary, the General Mgr, to Scott behind the desk, they bend over backwards to serve. We haven't found that quality in higher end hotels. These people are so helpful. It's the best hotel staff I've found and we've traveled extensively. We love the clean, spacious rooms, free popcorn/cookies in the evening, and easy access to primary roads. Walmart & a shopping center is across the street. We've been there 4 times and will be back any time we're in that area! Rosemary, Scott, and staff: Keep up the great job!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
GM124, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
I am very happy to see that you enjoy the hotel and have been a returning guest with us on several occasions. I am glad that your room is to your liking and that you enjoy the popcorn and cookies in the evenings.

Thank you especially, for your comments regarding the staff and the service that you receive at the hotel. We all strive to make every guest's visit a memorable one and to ensure that they have everything they need to make their trip enjoyable.

I look forward to seeing you on your next stay with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Painted Post
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!