Econo Lodge
Staybridge.com
$139
$89
Groupon.com
All reviewscookieswaffleswould stay here againroom was cleanfrench toastchoice hotel memberu turncorning museum of glassvisiting the areatraffic circlefront desk clerkeach morninga wonderful staycorning nythis past weekendfree breakfasteasy access
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Staff was very nice, hotel is very dated. Needs some TLC. Clean and Neat for old rugs and cracked shower stall and tiles and scratched up sink. Coffee and hot water machine in the lobby had hard water deposits on the dispensing nozzle that should be cleaned up. Doesn't look to appealing to any users. Beds were very hard, very uncomfortable. For an overnight stay near the highway it was ok.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank emf145
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post a review for us on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to see that you were pleased with the service you received from the staff. They take a great deal of pride in what they do and will be very happy to hear your comment regarding service.

I am sorry that you found the beds to be uncomfortable during your stay. Based on your input and the input of other guests all of the mattresses in the hotel have recently been replaced. If you are in the area again I hope that you will consider staying with us and that you will find the beds to be much more comfortable.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I stayed at the Econo Lodge the end September to participate in a marathon nearby. I could not believe the incredibly accommodating and friendly staff that took care of us. While I waited to check in the man at the front desk helped secure a room nearby for a woman he could not accommodate in the most friendly and kind manner. He and the ladies working there recommended a restaurant for us, that was wonderful...and made our stay a real pleasure. Can't say enough positive about them all. Best service I have ever had.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank jennifer f
Reviewed October 10, 2012

When we tried to book a Corning New York hotel all the prices were inflated so we tried this Econo Lodge nearby in Painted Post. It was excellent...friendly reception and the room was available early so we could settle in. The location was just off the highway, although many one way streets made it a little difficult to find. The rooms were large and clean. The beds were comfortable and lots of storage space. Shower had good pressure. Lobby was very inviting...tea, hot chocolate and coffee, apples out at all times. Breakfast was generous...make your own waffles, hot and cold cereals, fruit, eggs, toasts, breakfast meats, juice, tea and coffee. Staff were so accommodating, helped with directions, chatted about shopping nearby. We made a reservation for next year before we left.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MarshaToronto
Reviewed October 10, 2012

One of the best things about this motel is the efficient and friendly staff. Our room was spacious enough for us and our large dog and included nice extras like coffee, microwave, and frig. The motel offered other touches like popcorn, coffee, cookies and a nice continental breakfast. The motel grounds were spacious enough for us to walk our large dog. Applebees close by. Two stories but no elevator--we just made a couple of trips to unload and it was not a problem.

A really good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelfan115
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Trip Advisor review for us. I am happy to see that you and your dog enjoyed your stay. We always enjoy having pets at the hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the popcorn and cookies that we serve in the evening as well as the amenities offered in the room.

Most of all I am happy to see that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff. They all pride themselves in making sure that all of our guests are happy. I have passed on your comments to them and you really made their day.

I hope that you will stay with us again when you return to our area.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Thought we would splurge and get the one and only suite for one night. Yes, it was big. Yes, it had a full size fridge, stove, 2 TV's, dining room table and chairs. BUT, the windows don't close, the blinds are broken, the bathroom wall is falling apart. The bed is only a double! Haven't slept in a double bed in 20 years!
Don't waste your money, get a regular room or go elsewhere!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nanticoke

Thank you for taking the time to complete a survey regarding your stay with us. I am sorry to see that you were unhappy with your stay.

I appreciate your bringing these concerns to my attention so that they could be corrected immediately by our maintenance staff.