“Good service (almost) saves the day”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Waldorf, Maryland
“Good service (almost) saves the day”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The customer service we received here was great. Enjoyed the breakfast options. Reasonably clean. However, quality stops there. Lobby's TV was so loud it could be heard in our room (in the middle of the night). Carpet was slightly sticky & although the room was no-smoking, a slight odor remained which gave the impression it was a smoking room at one point. It seemed like overall, the owners/management are trying to do their best with what is an older facility (other signs of age included stained shower ceiling, difficult to flush toilet).

Room Tip: Get as far away from the lobby as possible
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sphinx130
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
I would like to apologize for the situation with the lobby television and let you know I have addressed it with my night staff. I am also sorry to read about the carpet and the room odor. I thank you for bringing these situations to my attention so that they can be remedied immediately. I am happy to see that you received good service from the staff. They take great pride in providing the best service possible to each guest and I will share this input with them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Pet friendly, great service, great hot breakfast, comfy beds, close to the freeway (but very quiet) and walmart, great price, what more could you ask for!

• Stayed April 2012
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
I am glad that you and your pet enjoyed your stay with us. Our four-legged guests are always a joy! We love being able to meet them. I was pleased to hear that you found the beds to be comfortable, your room was quiet and that the location near Wal-Mart was convenient for you. Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for us and I hope you will stay with us again in the future.
Marysville
Reviewed April 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a few days in April to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We loved the location because it was close to many attractions, restaurants, and shops. The hotel provided a hot breakfast every morning at no extra charge - that was awesome. The room was clean and inexpensive, and we had no complaints at all. We felt the bonus for our stay, however, was the hotel staff. They were all very pleasant, helpful, and genuinely friendly and inviting. We so appreciated that since we don't always have that experience. All in all we would recommend this place to anyone, and we will use it again.

MJ - PA

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MJ200
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Happy Anniversary! I am glad that you enjoyed your trip and that the location of the hotel was convenient for you. Most of all thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and the service you received. I will be passing your comments on to all of them. They take great pride in making everyone feel at home and providing each guest with the best experience possible. Everyone will be thrilled to see your response…. it will truly make their day. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip through the area.
Freeport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I've been staying at this Econo Lodge for business recently due to the overbooking of most local hotels in North Central PA /South Central NY. It's about half the price of anything in Mansfield, PA, about 20 minutes away, and the rooms are reasonable. If you're looking for a palace, this isn't your place. But if you're looking for reasonable prices, friendly staff, good location and a nice breakfast, this is a good hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and review our property. Your comments are very helpful to us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and the staff. I hope that you stay with us again on your future visits to the area.
elmira, ny
Reviewed February 18, 2012

We just stayed last night at Econo Lodge in Painted Post, NY. We wanted a cheap get away to beat the winter blues so we booked a jacuzzi room. i couldn't believe how decent this place was for just $90! (AAA rate) Mike at the desk was super helpful and welcoming. He deserves a raise or a promotion, by the way!! He went out of his way to even give me phone numbers for local pizza places. The room was clean, though a little run down. ie, the bathroom door was a slide out that was getting stuck in the wall, some wallpaper peeling, etc. The high speed internet was great. Coffee all night, popcorn and a wide variety of free dvds to use, and breakfast wasn't bad. coffee, juice, bagels, muffins, toast, cereal, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage. I would have liked to see some healthy choices like fruit and yogurt, but it IS free. Checkout was quick with no hidden charges.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your comments regarding the hotel and the service that you received. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that you return again in the future.
New York
Reviewed February 11, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here while visiting Corning and had a good experience at this hotel. The front desk agent was very welcoming when we checked in, providing us with the necessary hotel information and a map of corning. The room was clean and we slept great. Breakfast was displayed very nice and was rather filling. Overall great experience at this Choice property.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank apbmore
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your comments, they are very helpful. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we can host you again in the future.
stoneboro
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Due to all the drilling crews in the area, hotels rooms are hard to come by and prices have soared. This place had rooms so bit the bullet and stayed here, regardless of what some of the other reviews said. For a $60 room it would have been mostly acceptable. Worn but generally clean. Big problem was I had non-smoking room. After the heater ran for about 1 hour a "stale/musty" odor started to permeate the room. Hoping for stale cigarette smell but it could have been mold. Went to Walmarts and got a glad plug in which helped some, but still got up the next morning with destroyed sinuses. Breakfast better than expected except for the orange juice. It had started to ferment big time. In a nut shell, if beat sleeping in the car but next time in town, will see what else if available. I may stay here again, but only if the window can be opened and fresh air left in!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jimstoneboro
Thank you for your comments, they are very helpful. I am sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations. Thank you again for bringing these issues to our attention so that we can correct them. I hope that you will consider visiting us in the future and that your stay would be more enjoyable.

Travelers are raving about these Painted Post hotels

Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Staybridge Suites Corning

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!