“Good hotel”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Pros: very clean, friendly staff, budget friendly, variety of amenities (including fridge and microwave), free breakfast and wi-fi.
Cons: slow water in a tub and sink, quite outdated but clean and everything works.
Bottom line: good place to stay if on a budget and not seeking luxury.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Anna-AVP
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Hello, thank you for your comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in my hotel.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

Appearance of the outside looked nice, lobby was okay, check in was easy and the employee was very friendly, informative and helpful. upstairs smells of smoke, room smelled of smoke and was outdated. free breakfast was average. The service made up for the condition of the hotel

Room Tip: ask for a ground level floor (did not smell) and no elevator - one suite is VERY large
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2011

Thank you for your response and your kind words about our service. I will discuss the other issues with our housekeeping department. I appreciate your honest and candid feedback.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed one night on our way back home to Canada from Atlantic City. Front desk guy was helpful and friendly. Room was disappointing. Hallway smelled strongly of smoke or something?. No elevator, good thing hotel only has two floors. Furniture and decor is outdated. Room and bathroom very small. Room appeared clean but didn't feel clean, possibly because everything seemed so old, including the bedspreads etc. Can hear other guests when in room. Luckily we didn't hear the dogs barking as there were a few staying at the hotel that night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
GM089, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments about my property. I was happy to read that you were given good service and that the room was clean. Your honest and candid comments about the decor are most beneficial in our planning discussions. Thank you again and I hope we have the opportunity to host you again on your next visit through our area.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

This hotel appears to be an older hotel and is not in good repair. I'm sitting in a room right now and within my view: a mattress that's stained on the sides, a window screen that has holes and is bent so doesn't conform to the window, a corner of the dresser that is chipped off, a nightstand top that is chipped, mattress that is FLAT (and the pillows too). In the bathroom, the sink has several hairline cracks on the bottom, there's dirt in the corner of the floor by the tub, mold in the corner over shower, and the wall is stained. Outside of the room, the area around the vending machines is very hot and I'm a little worried about a fire, the stair railings and carpet are dirty, and there is the smell of stale smoke in the hallways.

Other reviews have talked about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. I didn't find that to be true when I checked in. I was handed the key to the room with no friendly small talk, however there was talk between two staff about my room. Don't know what that was about. I was given a slightly crabby response when I asked if there was an elevator. Neither the breakfast nor the evening popcorn was mentioned, I only know about it from other reviews.

I would most definitely not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2010

Rooms were neat & included fridge, microwave and a table & chairs so we could play cards! Beds & pillows were comfortable. Nice newer breakfast room with good variety of food - even popcorn & coffee all day in the lobby. Easy access to hwy, stores & restaurants. Looks new from the outside. Staff were extremely helpful and polite. I would recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank edmarianne
Reviewed September 10, 2010

The bathroom was dirty, especially the floor and the towels. The beds were not comfortable but sleepable. The only thing we liked was the hot breakfast. I would not recommend this unless you have no other place to go.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This was a bad experience with Econolodge.
First, they over charged me. When I was checking in, the staff was quoting other callers for $79 a night. But I was charged $90 a night before tax and fees.
Second, even though I paid more, I got one of the worst room in the building. The bed was almost broken, the bath was with old plastic floor.
Third, they refused to show me my bill. I asked how much I was charged, they told me "since you reserved the room through internet, you have to check it on the internet".

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#6 of 7 in Painted Post
#3 of 5 in Elmira
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bath

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!