“one star motel with adequate facilities, good value”
Review of Erwin Motel

Erwin Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Painted Post
Erwin Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Painted Post
Reviewed September 24, 2009

The rooms was very small but clean. The bathroom had been recently upgraded and was clean. This is a place to sleep and shower and move on. Nothing fancy but not expensive, half the cost of nearby chain motels. Don't drink the coffee. The bed needs to be retired. Keep your expectations low and you will enjoy saving the money.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed August 4, 2009

The room was not large, but it was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The owners were very helpful and pleasant. They referred me to a wonderful state park nearby that was great for dog walking and also had a nice restaurant with spectacular views of the mountains.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank karen2700
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Couldn't believe the rate charged by this motel relative to its overall quality and location near Corning. It was cheaper than the cheapest of the other hotels I could find nearby that had reviews (mostly negative). The only nice hotels in this price range were 30 minutes away in Bath NY. This hotel was apparently renovated a few years ago (estimated 2006). Even so, there were some minor cosmetic defects, but it was definitely clean and not dirty, which is all I care about. On a cold spring night, the heating system worked flawlessly. Lots of cable TV channels. Mattress was definitely softer than I prefer, but I slept fine. Hot water was good. Wifi Internet did not work for me, but not sure if it was my laptop (first time using it in a long time) and I also did not try to trouble shoot it with the owner because it was late and it wasn't worth it to me. Room did not have shampoo, which is to be expected in this price range. Soap was provided. I did notice that there was a stack of maybe 100 hand written comments from visitors in the office lobby. I glanced through them and they were all super positive. "Great job with the renovation" "Amazing deal" "See you next year". I was a bit surprised at how inexpensive this place was; since their website didn't have photos, I had braced myself for disappointment but was pleasantly surprised. Room was very small, which did not matter to me. If you are a high maintenance traveler not concerned about price, this place might not impress you. But for a budget conscious business traveler that is not high maintenance, or for a budget recreational traveler and you don't need a huge room, you will find this place a super value.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Erwin Motel? Share your experiences!