“Best Location near JFK airport”
Review of JFK Airport

JFK Airport
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
“Best Location near JFK airport”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This La Quinta is in an ideal location. We were able to take a bus and subway into Manhattan. We felt extremely safe in the area. The community is diverse and very well kept up. We especially liked the free shuttle service from the airport and the adequate breakfast each morning. Our room was an amazing size and the bed was very comfortable. This is the 2nd time that we have stayed at this particular LaQuinta. It is a keeper.We plan on keeping this on our must stay list.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

2 Thank Redprincess99

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
  • Vietnamese first
C.C.Hills
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The rooms had a bad stench in them,the floors were dirty and sticky.My grandson got bit by a spider or some other insect.I booked the two rooms for $1,460.00 on Booking .com thought that was a great price,but the hotel has it's own pricing and do not acknowledge the price quoted by Booking .com.I am very angry that the hotel overcharged my credit card double for those awful rooms with no parking and not a great area to be in.I will not tell my friends or family to stay at this hotel,it is more for derelicts,not clean decent people who prefer something that is nice.I will never stay at this hotel again,even if it was free!!!! I want a refund from your overcharging my card.

Room Tip: Please do not use this hotel if you are a classy person, it is strictly for derelicts and slobs.The...

Travelers are raving about these Ozone Park hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed here for one night to get some sleep for a few hours during a layover... The free transfer from the airport was made more enjoyable thanks to the driver blasting some sweet rap music for our entertainment. Upon arriving at the hotel we were swiftly checked in and then went to our room...on the way, the smell of cannabis smoke was pretty ridiculous. Arriving to our room, even a contact high wouldn't allow us to overlook the fact that the sink in the bathroom was propped up using loose bricks. There was hair and crumbs in various locations throughout the room. We were a bit afraid to pull back the sheets, but we were so tired that we decided not to look and just got our heads down for a few hours. Early morning departure from our room greeted us with yet more strong smells of cannabis before taking the transfer back to the airport...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PhilipFiona
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I booked this hotel via Hotwire and got an okay rate. I didn't have great expectations, so was surprised by the newly updated lobby and rooms. The beds were very comfortable (memory foam) and the front desk person was friendly. The room was clean but was bothered by the cigarette smoke that would drift into our room periodically.

The neighborhood is what I would expect for something near the airport - seedy and not much in terms of food or activities, unless the constant police presence at the nearby park makes you feel adventurous.

Overall, I would say this was an acceptable place for an overnight stay near the airport but not for an extended vacation stay.

Room Tip: Avoid 3rd (top) floor if you don't want to be bothered by cigarette smoke.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I would describe this hotel as an entirely adequate option for a layover because it satisfied most of my requirements for a layover hotel - quick access to/from the airport, quick check-in and check out time, and a clean room with comfortable bed and a pristine washroom.

I took a roughly 10-minute, US$15 cab ride to the hotel from terminal 8. into a somewhat seedy neighbourhood off of the major highway that leads to the airport, The hotel itself is in a very residential area surrounded mostly by houses, and is beside a gas station. The entrance to the hotel is a minor pain for those with multiple pieces of heavy luggage as you need to drag your luggage awkwardly down some stairs with no ramp access. The person at check-in was casual, but friendly and efficient.I had my keys within 3-4 minutes of showing my passport.

Rooms are spread out across 3 floors - the main floor and two floors above which are accessible by an elevator. A little quirk about the hotel is that the floors are not numbered in a way that is consistent with room numbers (go to level 2 for rooms starting with a 3).. I can imagine that it could get pretty loud with less considerate guests returning to their rooms. I noticed on my floor that there was a self-serve laundry room as well as an ice machine right across from the elevator.

As for the room itself, my first thought upon entering was that this is what a hotel room would look like if I opened my own hotel using Home Depot as my sole supplier for all the materials I needed so it had a very residential feel. A little unusual for a hotel, but the room is still functional. The bathroom was well kept, closet space was ample, and there was a fridge under the TV. One interesting design flaw is that since the clearance between the bed and the TV stand is fairly small, was the cabinet door to the fridge does not open all the way. The air conditioning unit is under the window. I had no issues connecting to the internet, the bed was very comfortable and I fell asleep within minutes.

The shuttle bus left right on the hour at 6:00 am and it would be a good idea to remember your terminal number so you can tell the driver where to let you off at the airport (there are 8 terminals at JFK). All in all, a good no frills option if you are there to shower and sleep for a night. The hotel is definitely not a 5-star gem but it definitely met my requirements as stated above. If I have to layover at JFK again, I would not have any complaints staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank jason416
PR
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I booked this hotel through hotwire three days prior to my trip. I chose the option of not knowing the hotel name prior to bid. The description was 3 stars, near JFK, free breakfast, free parking and free shuttle service. Since I planned to stay only a few hour after my flight, it seemed ok. Once i knew the hotel name I began to worry based on the reviews I read.

The hotel was as the reviews described it. You get what you pay for. The bed was comfortable and the shuttle service was quickly, but that is all the positive.

The neighborhood where the hotels is located is horrible. We felt insecure. When you arrive at the hotel you have to carry your baggage down stairs to reception. The elevator is only available to handicapped people. The room has space only for the beds. You have to accommodate your baggage in the bathroom or blocking the door, because there is no more room. The bathroom has an awful smell. My friend in the next room had the same smell in her bathroom.

We ordered food from one of the restaurants they has advertising on reception. Although the food was good, the delivery man went directly to our door. The hotel permits outsiders to roam in the aisles!!

Next day, the breakfast was scarse; no juice or cold beverages; only yogurt and some breads pieces. When I picked up my rental car, there was no parking available. They have like 10 parking spaces available for their personnel and the guests. Definitively I will no go back.

Room Tip: If you want a good room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank devotemom
Rochester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

If you are flying off from JFK La Qunita must be one of the closest hotels to the Federal Circle, car return place. This makes it an ideal location.
The hotel is what it is, a budget place – but from my point of view totally adequate. Clean room, reasonable breakfast.
Parking was cramped, but fortunately we got a good spot.
The only offputting thing was that when we arrived there was a loud rap concert going on just behind, and the noise was awful. But you could hardly hear in the room and it finished by 10pm.
Note that the door key advertised Domino’s pizza. We couldn’t get service from them – but another pizza company whose menu was in the room provided excellent food and service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Hampton Inn NY - JFK
Hampton Inn NY - JFK
#2 of 30 in Jamaica

Been to JFK Airport? Share your experiences!