“Ideal for JFK access”

View Inn and Suites JFK
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
Reviewed June 18, 2011

The hotel is located less than 10mins from JFK airport and a free shuttle is provided. The shuttle only runs once and hour though so be prepared to wait!! Apart from that, the location seemed avergae. I was only there overnight so dfidnt really get to see the locality but it didnt look too appealing .. then again, it didnt seem unsafe in any way.

For a 2.5* hotel, I was bery happy with the room which had a large bed and good AC. The TV was an LCD and there was a decent bathroom too. I was expecting worse so I was pleasantly surprised. Free wifi included but gets very slow!

The breakfast is in an area near reception and is a buffet type with no hot food provided. A toaster & microwave are provided though. Other than that, its the usual cereals, cakes, yoghurt. ... fine for this standard of hotel though.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank ThisGuyLovesTravel

Reviewed June 3, 2011

For the one night stayover, because our flight was delayed 5 hours and we got into JFK at 10:30 at night, this hotel was perfect. Only one thing: please be aware that the shuttle service back to JFK only happens once an hour, on the hour. You would think, for a close-to-the-airport hotel (about 10 minutes away), they would run their shuttle service more often; but nope, just once an hour, so plan accordingly. (they didn't tell us this fact until we got there, and so, had to plan to leave earlier than we wanted.) Other than that, the room was very well appointed, very comfortable king size bed, great air-conditioning and nice bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KerryWT
Reviewed May 6, 2011

After getting stuck at JFK with a missed connection I decided to spend the night at La Quinta based on price and distance back to the airport. I arrived at 1 a.m. and the hotel shuttle picked me up after a short ride on the Airtran to the Shuttle area. Although the neighborhood seemed a little sketchy, and the hotel a bit isolated, the desk clerk and security guard were very nice and welcoming. The elevator was broken and the guard was carrying bags upstairs for guests. The room was really large, with a sitting area and microwave and mini-fridge. The Flatscreen was big and in a good spot and the bathroom was marble and very clean. The hotel is pretty new so everything was in good condition and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast was included and there was good variety.
This is not a fancy hotel but for the price it was a good value. Note that the shuttle only runs back to the airport once an hour but they will come and get you when you call upon arrival.

Room Tip: The back side is quieter than the front
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2011

First of all i have to say it really annoys me when people complain about silly things, especially when you are staying in a hotel that isnt even 3 star!!! this hotel is situated just off of a highway but is not nosy at all, i couldnt hear much coming through the windows and my room was facing the highway!! the hotel is clean and the staff are fantastic, especially divea who works on reception, i had an awful journey coming into JFK but as soon as i arrived the staff really went out of their way to make sure i was happy, one staff member even helped me carry my bag to my room, i didnt experience any rudeness from any staff and to be honest everybody is entitled to a bad day. this hotel is for people who are staying overnight to catch a flight the next morning, i wouldnt recommend it for a holiday hotel as the surrounding area really isnt saying much, it isnt far from the airport, a lot of the hotels surrounding the airports are just as far, i only paid $15 for a taxi to this hotel.
the rooms were clean and of decent size with a large flat screen tv with channels like E! and BET there was also a fridge and a microwave in the room. the bathroom was quite big with clean linen soap and toothpaste. i absolutly loved this hotel and cannot fault it in anyway,
breakfast was fantastic, ive stayed in 4 and 5 star hotels that dont always offer the best, this hotel had cereal toast croissants etc and even a waffle maker which was fab!!
people can be really harsh on these small hotels because they expect the world from a 2 star, for what it is they are doing a fantastic job and i would recommend this hotel to people and would defo stay here again!!!!

thaks La Quinta!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank jenniferolisa
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Very nice and clean upgraded suites, super sweet staff, good shuttle service, very convenient, would use it again for an overnight Hotel

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2011

We were there Feb 2011 for Presidents Day weekend, two nights. My husband chose the hotel becuase it is close to many of his family members in Queens. I, however, would not have chosen this hotel and would not recommend it. It is not in a good neighborhood and it is not an "airport hotel." It's way down the road on a side road right off the highway which is very loud, if you are in the front of the hotel. Plus there's a gas station adjacent to the building with old cars parked in the lot. When we checked in, the young woman working the front desk looked mad to me. She was very unplesant and didn't smile once. It seemed as if we were bothering her. But a different woman named Divyea was GREAT when we checked out! All smiles and bubbly. There was very inconsistent water pressure. It was far too low and made taking a shower grief every morning. The free breakfast was a joke. Pastries (like the type you'd get out of a vending machine), toaster to make your own toast, juice, apples and oranges. Also had make-your-own-waffles. But that was a disaster when the guy ahead didn't spray it and the cleaning lady had to come scrub it out. Also advertised boiled eggs, but they ran out before we got there and we were there 45 minutes before breakfast was to end. The second morning we didn't even bother to go to the breakfast. Also, while our room was not a smoking room, there was smoking on our floor. As such, as soon as you got off the elevator (if it worked...one day it didnt!) then you smelled smoke. It was just nasty. Also, the cleaning people left all of their products and garbage right outside of our door Rm 301 as it is on the end near their closet. I had to shove their stuff back into the closet just so we could walk into our room without stepping over it. And if you want free parking.... another joke. The lot is tiny. Only a few cars can fit. One car parked at such an angle that my husband could barely get our car out. So all in all, the price is not worth it. There are better hotel chains nearby. I have like La Quinta in other locations but not this one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Reviewer90210
Reviewed January 1, 2011

At the last minute, my boyfriend and I decided to book a hotel room for New Years Eve on NYE morning. This La Quinta had the cheapest rate around, compared to other airport hotels and hotels in the Brooklyn or Queens area. So we made the reservation for a King Suite room. After parking my car in their very narrow lot (probably made much worse by the mounds of snow), I checked in @ 7:00pm. As requested, I was given a room on the lobby level-which is one floor lower than street level. You have to walk down a set of steps to get to the lobby. The first mistake was he announced my room number when he gave me my key-hotel etiquette cardinal rule # 1-do not announce the room number. But, I didn't feel unsafe or a lack of security so I went to the room.

Large room, awkward set up, as the entranceway is very narrow, then when you step into the room, the bed takes up much space on one side and the fridge/microwave dresser center takes up space on the other side. Walking further in to the sofa arrangement, work desk and chairs gave space to breathe. TV remote didn't work, so I attempted to call down to the front desk. Neither of the phones in the room worked. So I walked down to the front desk and informed them of the problem. I was told it's a recurring issue throughout the hotel. The manager gave me the remote for the lobby TV, which once back in the room, didn't work either. The other worker came to check on the phones, no go. So they switched my room to the one next door. Still same set up, but the bathroom counters looked as though they had been gnawed pretty harshly. Beautiful granite bathroom, but the wood counters below were an eyesore and made me question what, if anything, was living in the bathroom.

The room served its purpose, but sleep was not pleasant. Housekeeping was slamming doors all morning. The walls are very thin, so not only did we hear every thing in the hallways, but the room on the other side of us and the rooms ACROSS the hall from us were clearly audible. The bed was comfortable, but the shower pressure and water didn't work right so you couldn't take a decent shower.

Again, the parking lot is narrow-if you have a big SUV or car or are just not comfortable maneuvering your car in tight spaces, park on the street in front of the hotel-there's plenty of street parking available.

I can understand due to the proximity to the airport and the price, how this hotel can be good for stopovers, but if you intend to relax or get any rest on that stop over, it may not be the best idea.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Midtown
The Peninsula New York
The Peninsula New York
#56 of 473 in New York City

Been to View Inn and Suites JFK? Share your experiences!