“Business in NY”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ozone Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Had to stay there as a last minute resort. The location of the hotel is in my opinion in a sketchy area. Not sure if I was all that comfortable there. It’s a long drive from the airport, which makes the location even worse. Would I stay there again? Only if I had no other choice. The night staff was friendly, but their dress-code was worse than casual. The rooms were small but clean. Internet service was spotty.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had stayed a night and I regret for having chosen this hotel. Internet never worked, the bathroom sink was clogged, they gave me the wrong key for the room. The staff was never empathic of any of those issues. Horrible experience!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jaikishan L
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a 20-hour layover between flights at JFK so we chose the Comfort Inn & Suites because of its proximity to JFK, its price and its proximity to the subway.

On arrival we contacted the shuttle which was easy but apparently the shuttle had just left or something and we had a long 25 minute wait out in the cold at the pickup place.

Check in was fine. We were given our key and went up to the room but the key didn’t work. I went down the receptionist checked again and re-scanned the card. I went up again and tried and it still didn’t work. The receptionist sent up the doorman (?) who also tried and it didn’t work. He then knocked on the door and asked if anyone was in there and a frightened female voice from within cried ‘Yes’. It was past midnight and I can imagine her terror at being awoken with someone trying to open her door. It was a minor inconvenience for us and we got a new room – this time with no one in it.

The hotel had the stale smell you would expect with this kind of hotel. I tried the free WiFi and couldn't connect on any of my devices but found an Ethernet port and was able to connect my computer. The beds and shower were fine. The free breakfast was also fine and in line with other Comfort Inns we have stayed at.

We had the next morning to kill and the hotel manager was extremely helpful in providing travel advice. The subway line was only a 10-minute walk and we managed to have a splendid few hours in Manhattan. The shuttle back to JFK ran every hour on the half hour so we made it back in time to catch an afternoon shuttle.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 123Felix
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed here just one night to catch an early flight out of JFK and it was a good experience. Contacting the hotel to arrange shuttle pickup at the airport was smooth and so was arrival, check-in and the room itself. In fact, the room actually surprised me by being bigger than expected (i've stayed in a few NYC hotels and they are small!) Breakfast was a pretty good spread ofeggs, waffles, breads etc and all in all its a good clean place to stay when you need to rest your head for an early flight.
The only downside is that the room doors slam instead of closing quietly...like if you go inside and let the door close by itself behind you, it will usually slam shut. Normally this isn't a big deal but when there are people partying and making noise and coming and going until 4am it can become a problem.
These people weren't the hotel's fault but maybe they could look into doors that dont slam shut. Either way, it wouldnt stop me from staying again, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank bahamalady
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

My friend an I stayed Saturday night, November 3 2012 after Hurricane Sandy. They had no power except for the lobby. No lights, no phone, no heat. They did have hot water for showers. The two gentleman who were manning the front desk are two of the nicest hotel staff I have ever encountered. They couldn't have been more accommodating. Would stay there again in a heartbeat. Also the beds were extremely comfortable!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank kimpooh
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We stayed one night as we arrived at JFK very late. Shuttle picked us up, and the staff was ready for us when we arrived. Everything was very easy. The room was comfortable. It was also fairly close to the subway which we took into the city the next day. Didn't try the breakfast, so can't say anything about that.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EastwestUSA
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was a bit concerned when the complimentary JFK airport shuttle dropped me here. The lobby/entrance is a bit weird as you have to go down a few steps to get into the small reception area. The staff was friendly enough but I didn't like it that they still take an imprint of your credit card, thus leaving your number on paper. My room was on the first floor & the walls are paper thin. I could make out every word of what the guests in the next room were saying. I also had to listen to cars & people coming & going at all hours since my window was just below the street level, basically a basement level. The room appeared as advertised on the website. Everything was clean & comfortable. I paid 119 per night but with taxes that comes to 140.00 per night which is high but it is NY! I walked across the street to Aldo's, an Italian restaurant for dinner which was great. I would stay here again if I have to be near the airport.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to avoid noise from cars parked on street & people coming & going.