“Stay at the airport before you stay here”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
raleigh, nc
“Stay at the airport before you stay here”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Was booked here by hotels.com after a flight cancelation. The reviews are true and had I had the opportunity to read them there is no way I would have stayed there. There is definitely activity of some sort going on all night with doors opening and closing. Additionally, when I asked them to call for a taxi to take me to the airport an unlicensed driver showed up. Fortunately he did not rip me off but it didn't provide me with a sense of security. I would hope that based on all the reviews hotels.com would take them out of their network.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ncfoodieRaleigh_Nc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
LI
Reviewed February 17, 2011

I am a true NYC native so I am used to everything...From bomb scares to horns blowing at 2am. This hotel is the worse I ever seen. The beds are sooooo uncomfortable I could have slept on the subway and got better sleep. The bathroom dont get me started on that one..My wife had to fix the handle twice while she took her daily bowel movements. Gunshots are like a musical performance at night. The front desk was protected by pexi glass, can someone say have any robberies lately? Now the great free breakfast....best part was seeing it was enough to feed a crack induced woman who just got off her binge. Futhermore, they are painting and doing construction on the place. One more point before this horrid review is over, if you read this far congrats. THE FRONT DESK NEEDS ESL CLASS NOW!!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ARealTraveler00

Travelers are raving about these Ozone Park hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Please believe the review.
I had a terrible experience at This hotel.
Never ever go to this place with family or alone.
Dirty and filled with Noxious smell
Unclean sheets rooms and bathrooms
No Elevator...... Can U believe that
No Shuttle to airport
Poorest air conditioning ever
I did a terrible mistake not reviewing the reviews before.
Longest night for my family.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank harrysin
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2010

A major concern is the copying of Mrs. Allen,s credit card and PASSPORT ????. These copies MUST BE DESTROYED. If any advantage is taken from this information to enter Mrs Allen's privacy the investigation will start at the hotel. When paying $140.00 one expects decent service and respect. Using towels etc. twice in a hotel is unheard of to me and a continental breakfast, in the rear entrance lobby, with no where to sit is nothing less than disgusting. The meal was cerial, choice of two, dry looking pastries not at all appetizing. In ending this review I must say that I have stayed in a Canadian Econo Lodge which was very nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
syracuse
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We booked two rooms at the Econo Lodge in Ozone Park over Columbus Day weekend. While checking in we were immediately concerned when we noticed that the check in desk was surrounded by a plexiglass barrier. If the workers don't feel safe well, how could we expect our safety. Out in the parking lot, the cleaning ladies argued with the manager that they weren't going in to a room that was located off the parking lot to clean it. It appeared that there was something terribly wrong in the room. With no other choice, we brought our bags up to our rooms to be greeted by a strong urine odor in the room. The window was wide open and the air on full blast but the odor out powered the motels attempt to get rid of it. We left immediately and prayed that our belongings would be there when we returned. We returned late that night to find a scarier neighborhood than we originally realized. There were no less than three different groups of people sitting in various cars in the lot.....none of whom were guests. We were nervous to get out of the car and equally afraid that our car would be gone in the am. In the middle of the night both of our rooms received four phone calls claiming to be the front desk asking personal information. ..such as if we were alone. Our peephole was filled with tissue so we couldnt even check to see if someone was standing outside of our door. It was clear from the nature of the calls that some type of prostitution was going on from with in the hotel. Morning came and my sister was greeted with a cockroach sitting on her toiletries. We checked out only to find that the room that the cleaning ladies refused to clean was still being cleaned ....throwing away bedding, etc... This was a terrible stay at the Econo Lodge....we are shocked at this franchise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
3 Thank moonshadow1
Lake Placid
Reviewed October 13, 2008

It was a low-life, disgusting hotel. The whole cover for the light in the bathroom fell on my head. When I told the front desk, they said 'oh'. I asked for a taxi in the morning and they sent someone from their family and tried to get 35 dollars for a short ride to JFK airport. Their website is inaccurate, it's in a run-down, shabby neighborhood, some 'working' girls were making a lot of noise at 4 am--outside the hotel and then inside. NEVER stay here.

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — disgusting
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
Reviewed September 29, 2008

If you read this and still stay at this hotel, you'll reap like I did. But I am begging you, DO NOT STAY.

First, I was over charged in 'error' at check in. It was corrected only after I raised a stink.

Second, this place is frequented by johns and prostitutes. I saw with my own eyes. The staff rent the rooms in low increment hours to people who live in the neighborhood (what does that tell you?).

Third, the first room I tried to sleep in reeked of urine and amonia, the second one, smelled more of amonia then urine. These smells were extremely strong. Since the amonia was winning and it was late I stayed there. Imagine trying to eat your dinner with those smells? Carpet and walls were stained as well.

Fourth, if you have a heavy suitcase and/or handicaped and there is no availability downstairs, you are in trouble. No elevators. (In fact, watch out for that at any non-four star place you stay).

This is a no brainer.

Stay Away and spend the money for a decent hotel.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Hilton Garden Inn Queens / JFK Airport
Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
Best Western Jamaica Inn
Howard Johnson Inn Jamaica JFK Airport NYC

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!