“Couldn't wait to leave”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Owego
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Owego
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We stayed at the Treadway while in town for a family wedding. After checking in we walked to our room over the cracked tile and unvaccuumed carpet past the establishment laundry room with the door wide open, past the "out of order" vending machine to our room which was dark, dingy and had a strange smell. How charming it was to find that the bathroom was so small that they had to put the sink out in the room. I never saw that before. They held many weddings that weekend at the hotel and the place was packed with wedding guests. The partying went on till all hours of the night. The walls were very thin, so we heard the screaming, carrying on and running down the halls. I felt like I was staying in a fraternity house.

The restaurant was ok....nothing special, just ok.

The one positive was the view from the river side of the hotel. Very, very nice.

Normally when you check-out from a hotel the first thing they ask is, "Was everything ok?" It's funny but they didn't ask that question here. Probably because they didn't want to hear the answer.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank SusanCoh

Reviewed July 18, 2009

We really like this hotel. We stumbled upon it over 23 years ago and still continue to stay there when were are coming and going from NYC. Staff is always friendly and helpful and most efficient. Have never eaten dinner there but their breakfasts, although a little pricey for my liking, are fresh, hot and served with a smile! The rooms have been re-done due to the fact that the river has overflowed in the past 2 years and flooded the first floor, hence new carpets & paint. The pool is an okay size.
The rooms facing the river have a lovely view, especially first thing in the morning. Really quite charming. This place is not the Four Seasons but it is safe, comfortable, reasonably priced. It is only a 2 minute drive from downtown Owego where there are some very nice restaurants. Easy on and off the highway access. Grocery store across the street as well as some fast food places and a gas station. We will continue to stay here because the service has been so consistant & reliable over the years! Book your stay early though...as weekends sell out quickly.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SKSC
Reviewed May 2, 2009

I hate to write a bad review, but unfortunately the service at this hotel was so awful that it is only fair to warn others who might stay here. We had made a reservation two months prior to our stay (we had to do it so far in advance because it was graduation weekend in this small town and everything gets booked very early). The person we spoke with confirmed the reservation. Just prior to our stay, we called again just to be sure everything was all set. Again they confirmed our reservation. Two days later, we received a letter stating that due to renovations we can no longer stay there, but we can stay at another hotel (which is 20 miles further away from this hotel AND 45 minutes from the university at which we were going for graduation). When we called to speak with the manager to explain that we were dissatisfied with this arrangement and wanted to see if we can arrange for something else, he was completely unaccommodating. He was rude and told us he "did the best he could." We felt he withheld the information about the renovations at the hotel so that we would just book at his hotel even though it was risky. All in all, we were very disappointed and felt it was terrible service.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank abc123ny
Reviewed January 19, 2009

This Hotel and its staff are all 5 star. I'm a VVA Chapter President and stay at allot of hotels in a years time. The Treadway in Owego treats me and the other Vets better than some 5 star hotels in Washington DC. This is a fun and Welcome Home Hotel...Thank you...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank NK-NONSTOP
Reviewed August 10, 2008

We came into the area just for the night, to attend a dear friend's wedding. We were given a list of the area hotels and decided on the Treadway since it was closest to the church. I didn't read the reviews until after I had booked our reservation and was a little concerned. I even thought about trying another hotel, but decided to stay with The Treadway. To tell you I was pleased would be an understatement. My husband and I arrived and everyone was very friendly. We checked in and went to our room and it was amazing. Our view was of the river and it looked like a scene from the old south with the beautiful weeping trees outside. We had everything we needed for a good nights stay and would not hesitate to return if ever in the area again.
THANKS TO THE ENTIRE STAFF AND GOD BLESS.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dah641983
Reviewed February 16, 2008

i called in november to book my room. my first call had gone unanswered, i called back about 15 min later and after many rings it was finally picked up by a very unenthusiastic sounding woman.i booked my room dispite first impressions. upon checking in i found the attendant to be very rude and unhelpful. the room was very outdated, stains on the carpeting and peeling wallpaper were evident, yet overall the room was clean. nonsmoking had been requested but it smelled horribly of smoke. the front desk said that they could not help that somone had smoked in this room and they would not switch us to another. later that evening we went to have dinner in the dining room. the environment is pleasent but the food was terrible, wait staff was friendly but unresponsive to my empty coffee cup. check out the morning i culd hear the general manager talking about BEDBUGS. i found this to be repulsive and i wonder if this is an ongoing problem. I WAS VERY UNEMPRESSED WITH THIS ESTABLISHMENT

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank peice_of_mind
Reviewed December 2, 2006

Visiting relatives for Thanksgiving this year, we decided to stay at the Treadway Inn in Owego. I grew up in the Endicott/Owego area, but never had visited the Treadway Inn. On a positive note, the staff was very friendly and our room was neat and clean. We had a view of the river which was very nice. However, upon entering the hotel, you can see that it is quite dated. Our biggest complaint about this property was that the walls were paper thin. In fact, we could hear a guy sneezing in the middle of the night as clear as if he was in our own room! And we can't even be certain if he was in the next room or two rooms down from us. I was standing at the sink getting ready and could hear a conversation between two of the housekeepers. When I opened the door, I was surprised to see that the housekeepers were standing 5 doors down from ours. Another concern was that the bathroom was very small; the sink and mirror were outside of the bathroom and also quite small--didn't leave much room to put any items. Owego is a charming small town and unfortunately there are not a lot of choices for accomodations. The Treadway Inn is at a convenient location because it is right of I-86.

I did see that another hotel was being built next to the Treadway Inn and was told that it is going to be a Marriott. I think when we visit next time, we'll give that property a try.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
4  Thank MXB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owego
Holiday Inn Express Owego
Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
The Glenmary Inn
The Glenmary Inn
#1 of 3 in Owego

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Owego? Share your experiences!