“Best price, good complimentary breakfast, nice staff. Will stay again.”

Holiday Inn Express Owego
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Owego
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Had to book hotel in the Southern Tier (area along route 17) and Holiday Inn Express in Owego had the best price (senior discount) and free breakfast. Room was nice, very clean, with small frig and mini microwave, nice tv. Bathroom was newer. I'll probably stay again. The towels and sheets could be softer and shower track had a liitle mold in the corners. Apparently hotel rooms are over $100 in the area due to high demand by hydrofracking crews.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank rehabbeth
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Owego

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I've spent a lot of time at this hotel for business in the area. It's usually reasonably priced for the season (there are crumbier hotels just outside Owego that charge more), it's clean, and generally quiet even for night shift workers. I've found that I sleep better here than at home. It's higher quality than the Treadway but slightly down-scale from the Hampton Inn, but each room has a microwave and refrigerator and WiFi in the rooms -- unlike the Hampton. The only issue I have is that the internet service is erratic. I've stayed at the three hotels in Owego and this is my go-to hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Chris M
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We were visiting friends in Endicott, NY over New Years this year. Looked at hotels in the area and this was one of the most reasonable priced ones in the area. Having been warned that this area experience an extreme flooding I was nervous about what to expect from this hotel. The property is clean and well-maintained. The women told us we were one of four guests in the hotel that night which was pretty funny! I have found that almost all of the Holiday Inn Express Hotels I have stayed at, have been recently renovated. This is what made the stay that much better knowing we had a nice, newly renovated room - but considering the flood location, I would think that the whole hotel is renovated. The staff is friendly and accommodating and I would for sure recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aleeesha23
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The room wasn't remarkable, but everything worked, and things were where they're supposed to be. I liked the breakfast: they have a pancake maker (sadly, it was broken on our last day there). You can even get room service from the hotel next door (their phone systems are tied in), although we didn't try that. There's a nice view of the Susquehanna River from the breakfast room. Finally, the staff were quite friendly.

Room Tip: Although we didn't have one, a room with a river view is worth asking for, I think.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank BillSJ
Reviewed August 27, 2011

Anyone travelling the interstates and Thruway in New York know there are no billboards advertising hotels. We were getting tired and came upon this one right off the interstate and we were pleasantly surprised. The price was a little higher than we normally pay but we were happy to have a clean, quiet place to stay. The lady at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

This was about the halfway point in an 8 hour drive and we decided to break up the trip by stopping for the night and let the kids have some fun. We originally tried the Hampton Inn which shares the parking lot, but they were full. They suggested the sister property next door. The staff was very friendly and accommodating at the Holiday Inn Express. They got us set up in a room and offered cookies, which the kids thought was great. The room was very large, not sure if that was because it was a handicap room or not. They don't have a pool in the hotel, but you can use the Hampton Inn pool, which we did both that evening and the next morning. Also in the parking lot is the Treadway Inn with a nice restaurant. We had a great dinner there that was very affordable. Across the street is a grocery store and we bought some things we needed for our trip. The hotel is on the Susquehanna River and the views are great from everywhere, including the pool, restaurant and our room. We walked the grounds and they are very well manicured - beautiful, in fact. There are grills and picnic tables by the water too if you'd like to make your own dinner. The breakfast in the morning had all the usual cereal, fruit, danish and a make your own pancake machine. The breakfast room was bright with river views. All in all, it was a great little find and served as a wonderful break for the kids.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn last. The AC didn't get that cold which was ok with me but I thought my husband was going to die. I thought the bed was too hard but everyone else thought they were fine. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean and everything smelled great.
The breakfast was great.
The thing that impressed me was my daughter was very sick and threw up on the comforter. The cleaning individual was very kind and didn't act 'put out' when I told her what happened. She was very easy going and since I was up all night with a sick little girl I needed someone nice to handle the problem. She is very much appreciated!!

• Stayed: July 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Owego
Hampton Inn Owego
#1 of 2 in Apalachin
Holiday Inn Binghamton - Hawley St/Downtown
Best Western Grand Victorian Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Owego? Share your experiences!