“Nice tasting room.”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice tasting room.”
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Myer Farm distills both whiskies and vodkas. I tasted the 4 grain, the bourbon and the rye. The bourbon and rye were very good and had their own character. The 4 grain was smoother, more like a blended scotch and while good, it isn't ,my taste. The still is visible from the tasting room which is a nice touch. If you can't make it out to Ovid, they sell some of their products at Northside in Ithaca.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Spirits Grown and Made in the Finger Lakes Region”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having visited many of the farm distilleries in the Finger Lakes, my wife and I are of the opinion that Myer Farm is the best in the region for both their aged and un-aged spirits.

And attention to detail is certainly part of their secret:

Start with the distillery's architecture: Myer Farm's distillery roof mimics the pagoda style found among the many whisky houses in Scotland. While you'll find no functioning malt kiln inside the distillery (traditional pagoda roofs act as ventilation for malt kilns), there is a nice view of the distillery's copper pot still from the tasting room.

Next, ingredients. Myer Farm is one of a very few distilleries in the United States who grow the grain they use to make their spirits. Said another way, beware of the fact that you are drinking estate grown spirits when you drink Myer Farm.

Finally, the good stuff - i.e., Myer Farm's spirits. What's obvious is that Master Distillers Joe and Mark are obsessed with quality. (And we're still wondering how and where they learned to make their cuts so well.) Every time we bring a bottle home with us, we eventually taste it against like spirits produced in New York State. The result: Myer Farm spirits achieve a complexity that regularly outweigh their peers.

A few examples:

- Try the corn whiskey. We absolutely love the mouthfeel on this spirit (viscous, almost chewy) and they bottle it at a lower proof than you'll find most other corn whiskeys.

- Try the ginger vodka. And if you like it, buy a bottle and try it with Q. Ginger Ale. My wife was experimenting with cocktails and the "Ginger Ginger" made with Myer Farm Ginger Vodka is now a regular at the gatherings we host.

- Try the John Myer Wheat Whiskey. The first time I tried this spirit, I couldn't believe its length and finish considering the year + it had spent in the barrel. (Note: We hear that they have a number of barrels they've set aside for longer aging.)

But don't take my word for it. Go for a visit and see if you're experience matches what I've reported here.

Visited September 2013
Finger Lakes Wine Country, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“For the spirit lover in all of us”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I first visited Myer farm distillers when they opened their doors, and have been a fan all along. I am pleasantly surprised at the unique flavors and smoothness of each batch they have produced. A once avid light rum drinker, I've actually enjoyed their gin on the rocks with lime zest. Its unique profile is so versatile, and a great surprise for those who are overwhelmed and unimpressed by a heavy dose of juniper. Each staff member I've met has been warm and friendly, and usually a apart of the Myer family. I'm glad to see them doing so well. The tasting room is clean, modern and its great to have a sneak peak into the production facility. With a still that grand, who wouldn't want to show it off.

Visited August 2013
Peterborough, New Hampshire, United States
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Wonderful product, great company, exceptional value for small batch, organic, hand-crafted liquid heaven....makes a great change up from wine tasting all day...not complaining of course

Visited August 2013
Honeoye Falls, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the detour!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Wonderful proprietors and great location. Unique product with even better stuff coming. We will be back for the Bourbon and Single Malt. For now we'll do our part to contribute to the cash flow!

Visited June 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction