“4th visit in 4 years-never dissapointed!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ovid
Silver Strand at Sheldrake
Ranked #2 of 3 Ovid B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Best views, best rooms, great balconies from every room, and the most outstanding breakfast you'll ever enjoy. Wonderful boating with several docking options for wineries and places to eat or have drinks.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Silver Strand at Sheldrake

Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I were just in the Finger Lakes for a long weekend of relaxation, wine and great food. We have never stayed at a B&B before, but Silver Strand is now the "gold standard". Maura and Skip are wonderful, welcoming and have thought of great little amenities to make your stay comfortable. Coffee delivered to the room in the AM to sip on the porch while enjoying the lake view just before savoring Maura's amazing homemade breakfast was the perfect way to start each day. We will most certainly be back!

2  Thank travelNut77
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My hubby and I went to the Silver Strand for our honeymoon last year and we returned for a quick 1st Anniversary trip and it was as beautiful as we remembered. Our room was immaculate, breakfast was beyond delicious (note: my hubby is lactose intolerant and the owners were more than happy to accomadate him: Soy yogurt and creamer and a special egg dish with soy cheese), and we went out for a spin on the complementary kayaks. We hope to be back again next summer. ALSO, and while I can not guarantee this for future visitors, I saw my first ever, perfect double rainbow off of their dock after a rain storm!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLHartnett
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Sky Woman: The Cayuga mother goddess, said to have fallen through a hole in the sky.
You can't look for such a place, but you can certainly find one at the Silver Strand in Sheldrake NY.
We wanted a place on the lake without all the work of a cabin and a nice balance of refined hospitality and outdoor action. Apparently Maura and Skip share this vision with us and over the years they have refined the concept to high art.
No need to repeat the high praises others have offered. In a five night stay like ours, big features were the privacy you might not expect in a B&B, THE LAKE (Duh!), Maura's breakfasts (great incentive to get an early start on the day), Unforgetable speedboat ride with Skip, and a very pleasant sense of community with the the proprietors and other guests. Our new home away from home.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 very relaxing nights at the Siver Strand. We were looking for a place to stay for our wine trail trip and found the perfect get a way with this bed and breakfast. The Inn was just wonderful, right on the lake with an incredible 2 level dock which was great for for watching the sun set. There are also kayaks and other boats available for use, bikes too (no fee, when do you see that!)

The house was absolutely charming, just lovely and very quiet. Every room has a view of the lake. Our room (4) was supposed to have the worst view (it was the least expensive room) but it truly had just a great view of the lake from our own private porch . We were so pleasantly surprised!

Perhaps the best thing about the Inn was the Inn Keeper, Maura, she manages to pull off that perfect balance of being there when you need her but still you have absolute privacy. I can't even begin to describe the breakfast she made every morning. My oh my she can cook. She made a true gourmet breakfast but also included all the basics for those who may not like something a little different (my husband appreciated the basics, I loved all of it). She will even bring coffee to you room in the morning if you request it. The perfect way to start your day, coffee on your private porch overlooking the lake.

You just can't go wrong staying here. We just left yesterday and I already miss it.

1  Thank lmpsvp
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for three nights on our anniversary weekend and had a wonderful time. A beautiful spot on the shores of Cayuga Lake, we could see 20 miles up the lake from our balcony. The location was near some of our favorite wineries in the Finger Lakes and within walking distance of one of the best winery/bistros in Sheldrake Point Winery so we had plenty of opportunity to shop for our favorite wines and have some fantastic meals. The hospitality was warm and friendly, the rooms clean and comfortable and Maura's cooking was delicious. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Not much more to ad except some photos of this great B&B

1  Thank 122main
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ovid
Ramada Plaza Geneva Lakefront Resort
Inn at Taughannock
Inn at Taughannock
#5 of 9 in Trumansburg
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast

Been to Silver Strand at Sheldrake? Share your experiences!