“Super Location And Best Staff Ever”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Oswego
Syracuse, New York
“Super Location And Best Staff Ever”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I usually don't write reviews for hotels but the team at the Quality definitely deserve huge kudos for the great customer service. Stayed there this weekend and forgot an iphone charger. Sharayah took my phone and hooked it up to the boss's charger so I could take the many photos you take during a reunion weekend. Thank you Sharayah for going the extra mile. Your sunny personality made my trip. The rooms are very nice and I was lucky enough to have a riverfront view. It was a soldout weekend but the rooms were quiet and a great place to unwind when the festivities were over. I would absolutely return to the Quality Inn on my next trip to Oswego!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Portland, Maine
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was a nice hotel ... pleasant ... clean.
The staff were also nice.
Joe at the desk was helpful.
Brittany in housekeeping was absolutely adorable...and efficient.
The lobby was spacious.
I was on the front of the building, so I did not see a view of the riverfront.
The location was good if you have any business to conduct in Oswego.
There were plenty of towels and hot water was good.
The restaurant/bar off the lobby was nice. I ordered a sandwich to go.
The "cons" were that there were few outlets in the room. I had to run an extension that I always bring on travel. (Then I found one low on the wall near the a/c)
Also, there was only a small round table in the room and not a desk to sit and work at.
All and all though, a nice place ... I would stay again!
: -)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA, USA
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The Quality Inn Riverfront continues to upgrade this property, and the results show. The beds are among the most comfortable I've found in any hotel or motel, and air conditioner unit runs quietly and without rattles or vibrations. Ask for Room 503, which has a view of both the lake and the river. It's a perfect location. And special kudos to Sara at the front desk. She is from Oswego and is obviously quite proud of her home town and the property in which she works.

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the lake and away from the Bridge Street bridge, which has some traffic...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Binghamton, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2013

spent two nights here for a conference. Accommodations were good. Slept well - great beds. Was super clean, attractive rooms. Wish I would have gotten a riverside view, but oh well. Check in and out was a breeze. Would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Auburn, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We recently took a road trip for a quick overnight at the Quality Inn & Suites in downtown Oswego New York. What a great time we had. The rooms overlooking the river are beautiful and very clean. The people at the desk are very knowledgeable with info. The outside deck with bar and quickdraw is fun. The fod in Steamers bar and grill is very good and the prices are very resonable. Sometimes they have bands which is always a nice bonus. The staff is also very fun and love there jobs. In the morning they have a wonderful continental breakfast buffet. Lastly the room prices are extremely resonable.
So for a great getaway you won't be sorry check this place out.

Room Tip: The river view rooms are the best and we prefer the 4th and 5th floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review!

It's great to hear that we met or exceeded your expectations across the board and each department will be copied on your review. I think it's more common for people to give feedback only when they see room for improvement and not for the sole purpose of recognizing service. I can assure you our staff enjoys positive feedback like yours as much as they need the feedback which helps us grow. I thank you for the extra time you took to review our property and hope your positive experiences continue when you return to Oswego. Safe travels!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Stayed recently at the Quality Inn and Suites, dowtown Oswego, NY. Made reservations directly with the hotel, and that was easy. Upon arrival, the room with a river view was ready, and check in was speedy and professional. The room was very clean, beds well made and the only issue was two water stains on the ceiling, which was more than likely since this was the top (5th) floor. There was one upholstered chair that had a mystery stain on it, but otherwise the rugs were perfect and the bathroom was spotless. They staff was very friendly and gracious, knew the area well and provided dining information, and any request was taken care of quickly and with a pleasant attitude. The owner of the hotel makes it his business to be on site, so things are run properly. Check out was easy and I wished a safe trip. One thing I was not a super fan of, and that was the mattress, it seemed to soft and had a bow in the middle, I would have replaced it, but it was a clean mattress. I would stay here again, in my estimation it is the best the city has to offer. Oswego is a nice town and they are making great strides to make it even better.

Room Tip: Take any room on the 5th floor overlooking the river, not near the elevator.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property!

I'm happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay and enjoyed your experience with our staff and our hotel amenities. We are aware of ceiling issues in a couple of our top floor rooms which we are addressing in full when renovations reach that floor (we will be able to fully repair and retexture ceilings). If you could email me directly, chris@bhgmail.com, I would like to get your stay details so I can look in to the other items you mentioned. We do want to make sure every guest receives the best possible stay so your feedback is very important to us and I thank you for the time you've taken to inform us.

Again, We're very happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

this was the hotel choice for the international super modified assoc. super clean,well managed free breakfast, restarant attached, great lobby, central located with staff well informed about attractions and historical and features of the city,bar and great food with riverfront deck.

Room Tip: not much can be said except west side faces river and port activity
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fred S
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the great review!

We love having our race fans stay with us and thankful the weather held out for most of Classic Weekend. We know you have several choices when choosing a property for the races and happy that you saw the value in your accommodations. Racing seems to be picking back up in the area with all of the improvements at the Speedway so make sure you book your future dates as far in advance as possible. We would love to have you stay with us again and want to make sure we can get you in.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you in the near future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
Beacon Hotel Oswego
Beacon Hotel Oswego
#3 of 10 in Oswego

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!