“Exceptional!”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

I travel for business every week. I stay in muliple Hotels every week. The respect & service I have received while staying here has been exceptional. If my travels bring me this way again, I will be staying here again! Great people, great location (on the banks of the Oswego River as it feeds into Lake Ontario!

• Stayed: June 2013
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for the great review! As a frequent traveler I hope that we can always ease your mind on your business trips by giving you one less thing to worry about. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your last stay and make sure you enroll in Choice Privileges (if you haven't already) so you can earn points for your stay as well as any promotional points that are offered.

Safe travels and we hope to see you in Oswego again soon!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The staff was extremely friendly - to the point of housekeepers seeing us heading to the elevator from the other end of the hall and holding the door for us - to allowing us to keep our catch from Lake Ontario in the hotel freezer. We had a problem with the light between our beds, reported it and it was fixed when we returned a couple of hours later. Because we needed to leave the hotel early for our charter fishing trip, the night clerk fixed us a "to go" breakfast since the continental breakfast didn't officially open until later. The restaurant is very good, with lots of choices, indoor and outdoor seating and a beautiful few of the river.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for the great review! It sounds like all of our staff met your expectations which we hope is always the case but great to hear all the same. I will make our property owners aware and I have already shared your experience with our staff so they see what a positive impact they make on our guests.

I'm not sure if this was the party of four that I grabbed breakfast for but if so I'm sorry to hear that the following day was rainied out for you. We are always here though so when we have better weather we would love to have you stay with us again!

Thank you again for the great review and safe travels/ happy fishing!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My daughter is a student at SUNY Oswego. In a few days I will be visiting Oswego again and I think this will be my 6th time staying at the Quality Inn Riverfront. This is a wonderful hotel! Each time I have stayed here, it seems there is always some kind of an update or improvement to the rooms. Rooms are extremely comfortable and clean! On my 1st visit here, I was very much impressed with the cleanliness of the rooms. And, on each visit since, I have not been disappointed!! Rooms include a refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. Beds are so comfy!Internet service works great. Rooms facing the river offer wonderful views and there is also a complimentary breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful. I really can't say enought about this hotel. It truly is a great value and offers exceptional comfort and service. After a 5 hour drive, this hotel and it's staff is a welcome sight!! It is becoming so popular that a few weeks ago, at the last minute, I decided to visit my daughter for the weekend. Unfortunately, the hotel was full and I was not able to get a room. Lesson learned... plan ahead!! But, I am very much looking foward to this next visit. I'm beginning to feel right at home here. Actually, I am beginning to feel right at home in Oswego itself. This town is really growing on me and I am really beginning to enjoy my visits here. The people are so friendly and helpful and the town is so charming and relaxing. If you are planning on visiting Oswego for what ever reason, you do not need to look any further for a wonderful hotel. It's location is great and it also has an onsite restaurant with great food and an outdoor patio overlooking the river. Stay here you will love it and like me, find yourself wanting to visit Oswego more often.

Room Tip: River view rooms are worth spending the extra on. Great views!
2  Thank nancy s
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for the amazing review!

I very happy to hear how much you enjoy your stays with us. I'm also pleased that our city left such a favorable impression.

I'm not sure what year your daughter is at SUNY but know that our property improvements will continue through the year. Our 1st floor rooms have had their renovations completed and will be the standard for improvements being carried through our higher floors as time permits. I would recommend to all future guests to consider booking the new Deluxe Suites to see what the rest of the hotel will look like by next spring (pictures will be available on trip advisor by the end of the month).

We welcome you back to Oswego anytime! Parents sometimes overlook summer visits when their students have returned home however this really is the best time to visit so we hope one of the many summer events is enough to encourage your return.

Thank you again for the amazing review and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We don't normally stay at Quality Inn Hotels, but I have a large family so we always stay in 2-room suites. Our suite was part of recent renovations and it was beautiful. I wish my kitchen at home looked like the kitchen in this suite-they really did a great job. The bedroom has a king bed, and we were able to get a cot for our youngest. Our other 2 kids stayed on the pullout in the other room. We were on the first floor, so we were able to easily access our car with the door that went out to a small patio that overlooks the river. Breakfast was great too-lots of choices and the server was very helpful. We were looking at SUNY Osweg which is only minutes away. If my son ends up going there, we will definitely stay here when we visit-it's a great hotel!

Room Tip: We liked being on the first floor as it made unloading our car very easy.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NyPk
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for giving our Quality Inn and Suites a chance!

I'm very pleased you were able to get in to a Deluxe Suite since they only just recently opened up post renovation. We were delayed in posting pictures on our website and trip advisor since they sold out as soon as they became available but we will have them up soon. We are very pleased with the new look which will be carried throughout the entire hotel with expected completion by the end of the year.

We are also upgrading our entire wireless system with a state-of-the-art smart system which we hope to have in place within the next week.

SUNY Oswego is a great school and they are putting a tremendous amount of money and work in to it so we hope to have you as extended family if he chooses to attend. Best of luck in his search and we hope that you find reason to return to Oswego regardless. Thank you again for the great review, safe travels!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is close to SUNY Oswego, where we stayed during our college visit. town around hotel is adorable!! Hotel is located on river so view is terrific! Suites are clean, beds are comfortable and front dest very polite and helpful. Would definitely stay here again, and suggest that if you're in the area--check it out!! I've already booked my 2nd stay as my daughter has decided to attend Oswego this fall 2013...

1  Thank hdr83
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for the great review!

We're excited to have you as one of our new SUNY Parents! Welcome to several years of regular visits to our great town. We have a NEW Historic Passport that will be available soon so you can tour the historic sites and our staff will be able to point you to some great day trips from here including Boldt Castle, Niagara Falls, and the Finger Lakes wine country.

Our 1st floor renovations will be complete in only a week and you'll see many more changes over the course of this year so we are very excited to have you back and get your feedback on the changes you will see.

Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed March 7, 2013

My son is a junior at SUNY Oswego so we have been traveling back and forth for 3 years now. Every time except twice (because we were slow and the Quality Inn was sold out already), we’ve stayed here. Nice property, exceptional value and friendly and helpful staff. I didn’t see her this week but Caitlin at the front desk is always so friendly when we are there. All of the rooms we have stayed in were great but the river view is especially nice.

The rooms are always clean, smell fresh and the beds are very comfortable. Plenty of towels in the bathroom (very important!) as well as complimentary toiletries.

The hotel offers guests complimentary breakfast, which is great. It’s more than just continental, too. There is a waffle machine as well as hot mini omelets and large sausage patties, which are perfect for making English muffin breakfast sandwiches. There is also a nice selection of breads, pastries, doughnuts, cereal, yogurt and more. Coffee, tea and a variety of juices, too.

I love the hotel’s proximity to public transportation as we don’t drive, but there is on-site parking, as well. The hotel is close to the campus, hospital, Walmart, etc., and there is a Rite Aid just across the street and a Subway sandwich shop just next door.

The on-site restaurant, G.S. Steamers, has a varied menu with something for everyone. You can eat in the main dining room, eat out on the deck while enjoying the river view or take the food to go and eat in your room (or anywhere else for that matter). Whenever we are in town, that’s always where my son wants us to take him for dinner.

I look forward to my next visit in May.

Room Tip: River view is worth the extra money. All rooms are quiet unless there is an event going on out back...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review!

We love our SUNY parents! Thank you for your loyalty to us over the last few years.

You had so many positive things to say that I could easily overwrite my thanks to you. I will make sure all of our departments are aware of their impact on your stay.

Please contact me directly for your next reservation. We have our newly renovated Deluxe Suites coming back online soon and if you enjoyed your previous stays so much and gave such an in-depth review I'd like to get your impressions by being one of the first to try one out so you can give me that same kind of detailed feedback. We will continue to make property improvements based on our guest's experiences.

Thank you again, depending on your son's plan we hope to see you for at least another couple years or more! Safe travels.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were visiting Oswego and stayed 2 nights at Quality Inn. We found this place to be clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. This was our first stay at this hotel and I should say that this place has everything you need and nothing you don't, very nice! Good breakfast to start your day!
The stuff are friendly and attentive and you can even bring your pet with you! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: any room is fine, but 2 queen beds are the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review our property!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I will make sure our housekeeping department and guest service associates are aware of your positive feedback. We hope you can visit us again soon so you can see some of our ongoing renovations!

For any future guest please be aware that we are are a pet friendly hotel (20lbs weight limit - max 2 pets *nightly fee applies) however our 5th floor is designated as Pet Free. Although we thoroughly clean all of our rooms if you have pet allergies we recommend you request our 5th floor so we can accommodate your needs and ensure a great experience.

Thank you again for the positive review! Safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
The Red Mill Inn
The Red Mill Inn
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!