“Always Exceptional”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My son is a junior at SUNY Oswego so we have been traveling back and forth for 3 years now. Every time except twice (because we were slow and the Quality Inn was sold out already), we’ve stayed here. Nice property, exceptional value and friendly and helpful staff. I didn’t see her this week but Caitlin at the front desk is always so friendly when we are there. All of the rooms we have stayed in were great but the river view is especially nice.

The rooms are always clean, smell fresh and the beds are very comfortable. Plenty of towels in the bathroom (very important!) as well as complimentary toiletries.

The hotel offers guests complimentary breakfast, which is great. It’s more than just continental, too. There is a waffle machine as well as hot mini omelets and large sausage patties, which are perfect for making English muffin breakfast sandwiches. There is also a nice selection of breads, pastries, doughnuts, cereal, yogurt and more. Coffee, tea and a variety of juices, too.

I love the hotel’s proximity to public transportation as we don’t drive, but there is on-site parking, as well. The hotel is close to the campus, hospital, Walmart, etc., and there is a Rite Aid just across the street and a Subway sandwich shop just next door.

The on-site restaurant, G.S. Steamers, has a varied menu with something for everyone. You can eat in the main dining room, eat out on the deck while enjoying the river view or take the food to go and eat in your room (or anywhere else for that matter). Whenever we are in town, that’s always where my son wants us to take him for dinner.

I look forward to my next visit in May.

Room Tip: River view is worth the extra money. All rooms are quiet unless there is an event going on out back...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review!

We love our SUNY parents! Thank you for your loyalty to us over the last few years.

You had so many positive things to say that I could easily overwrite my thanks to you. I will make sure all of our departments are aware of their impact on your stay.

Please contact me directly for your next reservation. We have our newly renovated Deluxe Suites coming back online soon and if you enjoyed your previous stays so much and gave such an in-depth review I'd like to get your impressions by being one of the first to try one out so you can give me that same kind of detailed feedback. We will continue to make property improvements based on our guest's experiences.

Thank you again, depending on your son's plan we hope to see you for at least another couple years or more! Safe travels.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were visiting Oswego and stayed 2 nights at Quality Inn. We found this place to be clean and comfortable at a reasonable price. This was our first stay at this hotel and I should say that this place has everything you need and nothing you don't, very nice! Good breakfast to start your day!
The stuff are friendly and attentive and you can even bring your pet with you! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: any room is fine, but 2 queen beds are the best!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review our property!

We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and I will make sure our housekeeping department and guest service associates are aware of your positive feedback. We hope you can visit us again soon so you can see some of our ongoing renovations!

For any future guest please be aware that we are are a pet friendly hotel (20lbs weight limit - max 2 pets *nightly fee applies) however our 5th floor is designated as Pet Free. Although we thoroughly clean all of our rooms if you have pet allergies we recommend you request our 5th floor so we can accommodate your needs and ensure a great experience.

Thank you again for the positive review! Safe travels!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family and I spent a few days at the inn during January/2013. I've spent a reasonable amount of time in hotels so I think I know what's good and what to avoid.
The first impression walking into the lobby was pleasant. The building was warm but not overly so. The elevator was clean and quiet. Exiting the elevator we entered a long hall. The hall floor was carpeted (VERY important to me re: noise) and, again, clean. We got to our room and upon opening the door were pleasantly surprised. The room (river view) was spotless and very neat. The bathroom was also spotless (again, very important to me). The beds were made and covered with four very comfortable pillows. The general ambiance was very quiet and restful. After our first night's stay housekeeping made sure that the room looked exactly as it did the first time we saw it.
Other than a few trips to get my son set up at the college we relegated ourselves to the hotel. We had dinner at G.S. Steamers Bar and Grill. The food was first rate as was the service! Be advised that this is not the Roscoe Diner (love that place) and the prices reflect the difference. The daytime view of the river is great. The seating is plentiful but not on top of each other.
Funny how things happen...my wife and I were their to get my son into school, but the dining experience took on a life of its' own. The only problem I have with the restaurant is that it would take me 5 1/2 hours to get there from home!!
From now on the Oswego Quality Inn will be my home away from home when I'm there.
BTW - I was offered nothing for this review. I am just a very satisfied customer.

Room Tip: I never visited the pool nor the fitness center, so I can't comment on either.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John_theoldcop
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for such a great and in-depth review!

Any time a guest says "Home away from home" we know our staff is performing to our own high standards. Your reviews make a difference and our staff was just recognized by the owners yesterday for the great reviews before you as well as having just received the Choice Gold Award (Top 10% of Choice Hotels w/i our brand). We were 1 of only 3 Quality Inn's In NY State to receive it in 2013 which is only our first full year as a Quality Inn & Suites.

In addition, I spoke with a guest coming in for Harborfest just a couple of days ago. Rather than stay with family she booked a week at our hotel after reading these reviews and she made it a point to mention the impact your reviews make when they are looking for local hotels. We can't thank you all enough!

I hope our ongoing renovations continue to increase the ambiance you enjoyed and your comments will be given to the staff of our departments in recognition for their hard work.

I do want to mention for future guests that there is not a pool/fitness center on our property at this time however our guests receive discounts to use of the Captain's Health and Fitness Spa right next door to us.

We love our SUNY parents so it makes me very happy to know you enjoyed your stay so much. I can only hope your son is a Freshman so we know we'll be seeing you for the next few years! Safe travels and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I would just like to take a minute to thank the staff of the Quality Inn & Suites for the best customer service ever! My husband and I have stayed at many hotels, some more grand some better locations but none with better customer service then this little hidden gem. Starting off with the outstanding service of Chris Jones the General Manager, then front desk staff, Sharayah Jones and Page Killinger. They helped me in anyway they could. Directions, etc. I got the flu while there, Sharayah quickly gave me a box of her own herbal tea to try and help me feel better. The hot breakfast was a bonus and Lorretta was always offering me walking tips and places to see and visit.
It's a challeging experience to relocate from one end of the country to another but they helped make the transition a bit more smooth! When we have friends visit us here, we won't hesitate to recommend they stay at the Oswego Quality Inn!!
Thank you Quality Inn Staff!!!!

Room Tip: A view of the Oswego River from the 5th floor is awesome!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathy G
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thank you for such an amazing review!

I appreciate you recognizing our staff! We have some employees that are new to the hospitality industry so to see them making a positive impact on our guests is very important to be noted. I, on the other hand, am not the GM rather the AGM. Our GM is also one of the property owners. Working in a family owned business that is invested in not only the property but also the community is a big plus as you'll see during your experience in Oswego. I do personally appreciate your kind words though.

That being said, welcome to Oswego and keep in mind that the mind numbing coldness we are getting today will not last and I'm sure you'll have a great spring and summer enjoying the area. We're happy you got in to the new condos but if you find yourself looking for local things to do don't hesitate to swing in or give us a call and we'll point you to some of the other hidden gems in the area. There are a lot of great day trips that even some of the locals don't know about.

Again, thank you for a great review and for choosing our hotel while you were looking for a place to live. If you need anything please don't hesitate to email me or stop in!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our 4th stay and we are always welcomed by a friendly staff. The rooms are very clean and comfortable although an arm chair and foot stool would bea great addition. We'll be back when we come to visit family. The river view rooms are worth it - the river is fun to watch. Breakfast is is hot and the coffee strong. The hours allow sleeping I .

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to our hotel when you visit Oswego!

I would appreciate if you could contact the hotel (315-343-1600 x602) with details of your reservation since I can't see your specifics on Tripadvisor. From your comments it sounds like you stayed in a Riverside room which should have had 2 arm chairs in the room so I would like to look in to this. Because riverside rooms have more space we have arm chairs in them and smaller cityside rooms have armless chairs so there is enough space for both function and comfort.

We are in the middle of our renovations and I'll be happy to relay your suggestion of footstools to the owners. A recent guest suggested new lamps with outlets in the base and I'm happy to say we just placed our first order for them so your suggestions are welcomed and heard!

Thanks again for the great review! I'd love to get more information from you and I'd like to try and do a little extra on your next stay for being a loyal guest and taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Quality Inn Riverfront in Oswego on New Year's Eve. We we meeting friends for a quiet dinner and night out and needed a place to crash after ringing in the new year. I "splurged" on the riverfront room (only and extra five dollars) just because, at that price, it was worth it! Check in was smooth, quick and the front desk girls were very friendly and accommodating. Upon arriving in the room, we were pleasantly surprised that we were magically upgraded to a suite and there were complimentary NYE hats, noisemakers, AND a bottle of champagne! What a nice surprise! We had our friends in for hors d'oeuvres and so the suite space was perfect! The room was clean, comfortable, roomy and a fantastic view of the river and harbour. I have stayed in both hotels in Oswego and believe what you get for the price at the Quality Inn is beyond compare. We will always stay there on our future trip. Thank you for making our last night of 2012 so special.

Room Tip: The riverview rooms are well worth the extra five dollars. Close to all down town.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review and for taking the time to not only comment through Choice Hotels but also for the extra effort sharing your experience with future travelers on Trip Advisor. We've seen an increase in number of Trip Advisor referalls and it's guest like you sharing their experience that has helped our guests make their decision in lodging.

I'm pleased that we helped end your 2012 on a good note and wish you all the best in 2013. We are very excited for this coming year while we work diligently to further upgrade our property. All of our Deluxe Suites are shut down right now as our 1st floor gets a full renovation. Hopefully next time you stay with us you'll be able to take a look at the best rooms in the house!

Over the coming months you'll see our Facebook, Trip Advisor, and our website updated with pictures of our renovations and additions so check back soon and we hope to see you again very soon! Thanks again for the time you've taken to share your experience and safe travels.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We chose the Quality Inn while attending the Ice Hockey tournament at the college in Oswego. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The front desk staff was very helpful and helped us locate the ice hockey rink. We had lunch in the hotel restaurant and the food was excellent. The hot breakfast was also very good. I would definitely stay at the Quality Inn again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time for the kind review!

White-out weekend gets pretty busy for us during a generally slower time and I'm very happy we were able to meet your expectations!

We have a new chef in our on-site restaurant and he is doing a fantastic job with the new menu and some fresh new specials. We just added a new Maple-Cinnamon mix for our Belgian waffle makers in the Q-Corner Cafe breakfast too.

We have begun our 1st floor renovations so I hope you are out our way again in the near future to see some of the many improvements we are working on to give you an even better experience! Thanks again for the review and safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baldwinsville/Syracuse
The Red Mill Inn
The Red Mill Inn
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!