“Fantastic Place to Stay!”

Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Oswego
Basom, New York
“Fantastic Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had spent 10 months at this hotel. Everything, from the front desk to housekeeping to restaurant/bar to maintenance...including the locals, made us feel right at home. Very safe and clean enviroment. The community of Oswego offers a tremendous amout of history. The entire hotel staff is more then happy to make your stay enjoyable. I thank them all ! I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: if extended stay get rooms on lower level
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you for the great review! It was a pleasure having you and your team stay with us and the work you did here was a great improvement for our community!

Nearly a year straight living in a hotel can be taxing I'm sure so I'm very happy you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you here. I saw your other local reviews including G.S. Steamers. I posted your review and let them all know you said hello as well.

Best of luck on your next job and we hope you end up out our way again in the future! Tell everyone we said thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Went there for friends and family weekend. For Oswego university. Was very happy with the room double bed, Well made up room. Clean bathroom. Only thing the housekeeper didn't leave another bar of soap for the second night. I felt it was unfair that I couldn't use my AAA discount because the manger said the weekend I was there was blackout. NOT FAIR! But overall I would recommend this hotel. Breakfast was good too.

Room Tip: River view is nice. But $5 more.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for the review. I noted that you are in NYC. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you made it through the Hurricane without issue! If you're in the city and without power or just need a getaway from the chaos please contact me directly and we will make accommodations for you.

In terms of discounts, Special event weekends/ blackout dates are the only time the hotel does not accept some of the discounts that we offer to our guests. Over 94% of the year discounts such as AAA, AARP, CAA, State, and Federal rates are accepted. Special event weekends are the exception because of high demand. These dates often sell out a year in advance and special terms and conditions apply when reserving.

Although your rate did match all of our other guests staying with us that weekend, please let me know when you make your next reservation. I'll see if I can make up the difference to you! Safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!
Markham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The entire experience at the Quality Inn always gives my wife and I the feeling that we are at our home away from home. The staff at the front desk are interested in making our stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible and they are very friendly at all times. This time Kaitlin was on duty most of our stay and she is awesome to deal with. Joe and Jessica also helped. We enjoy the full continental breakfast served daily and the excellent service and food from Dan and his staff at Steamer's, the on site restaurant. The rooms are always clean and there's a great view of the harbour on the riverside of the hotel.

Room Tip: Get a riverside room for the great view.
1 Thank titanicfam
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
That's because when you are here you are at home, well at least the one we can share with you! I say that because I can tell by the username which family this is and I can say without hesitation that it's a pleasure to have you stay with us each and every time.

The hospitality industry works with every type of person on a daily basis, their good days and their bad. No matter how much we try, things can not always be perfect for every guest on every occasion. A lot of times travelers approach staff with their problems, which they should, but it's guests like you and your family that recognize our staff every single visit and approach them with respect and understanding; no matter the circumstances. I can't thank you enough for the positive experience you leave all of our staff with and what a pleasure it is to provide you with accommodations when you are in town. I say this not only from my own experience but from every member of our staff that has approached me over the last couple of years.

Thank you for the wonderful review and taking the time to recognize our staff. We are looking forward to a great season, Go Lakers!
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed in this hotel when my hubby went salmon fishing. I went shopping while he was otherwise entertained in the river. Upon check in, we were given vouchers for a free drink if we ordered from the menu in their restaurant. The restaurant is very good as well. Upon check in, there was a problem with our TV, but it was fixed in no time. This is not a "hole in the wall" place to sleep for the fisherman; however, if you ARE the fisherman whose wife is going with you to Oswego, this is the hotel to choose. Breakfast was very good, as always.

Room Tip: If given the chance, request a river view room. These rooms seem to be more recently updated. Last...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Biz-e-Momof2
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the review, I love the "Fisherman's wife" perspective!

With both the Lake and River fishing in one spot we do get a lot of sport and recreational fishing here. This is probably the first traveling fisherman's wife feedback I've received and I love hearing about it as much as I do your overall great impression.

I agree that we are not the "hole in the wall" hotel that some budget travelers are looking for however our price is based on value. We offer our guests freezer space for their catch, we are located right along the river that many of you fish in, we are along the riverwalk leading to heavily fished canal area, and offer special rates for fisherman booked with local charters going out on the lake.

On a side not, I'm happy we resolved your TV issue quickly. We just replaced all of our tvs with HD LCD tvs and brought in a new HD channel lineup. We hit a few small snags during the transition and have been resolving them with our service provider.

Thank you again for the great review and we hope to see you and your fishing entourage again soon!
Baldwinsville, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed there for a family wedding weekend and found the management both friendly and accommodating. They also offered places for local interests to do some sight-seeing. The breakfast room was clean, and spacious, as well as well stocked with a variety of foods. The women working was very friendly and filled with information about the area. The rooms were quiet and clean, and very comfortable. The bar was great spot after the reception, for people to congregate and continue celebrating...I would recommend this location to anyone...

1 Thank Gail H
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
First, congratulations on the new addition to your family! I hope the wedding went smooth and I'm happy we were able to help with it on our end.

If you have time to email me details of your stay (which I don't have access to here) I would like to be able to recognize some of the members of our staff that helped make your stay pleasant. Weddings are memorable on all levels and our staff being a part of that is worth noting from our employees up to our owners.

Thank you for the kind review and being relatively local we hope to see you again in the near future. Our New Years Package will be published soon on our social media outlets so you can get away for the weekend and see our new Lake Ontario Event and Conference Center right next door.

My email: cjones@oswegowfd.com
Reston, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed in one of the bottom level suites for a weekend wedding. Two spacious rooms with an exit to a grassy area and the beautiful walking path along the canal. Absolutely perfect spot for managing the dog's walks. The room was spotless and the manager couldn't have been more accommodating. I also enjoyed the access to the gym next door. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review!

We are the only pet friendly hotel in the area and having the walking path and pet area makes your pets stay as hopefully enjoyable as your own. I've very happy that it was and we hope to see you again!

Although we are pet friendly some guests may have pet allergies. We do our absolute best to keep our 4th & 5th floor rooms pet free. Please let us if this is the case when reserving your room so we can note your request and everyone can have a pleasant stay.

*Special Pet policies to apply so if you are traveling with a pet please contact us before making your reservation.
Guilford, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Great Hotel with geat view of river. Breakfast is way beyond what I would hope to find at a comparative hotel. Breakfast facilties are large and spacious. Restaurant and bar are nice but food preparation might be better. Room are dated for space( bathrooms are small) but well furnished with excellent beds. Even with college atletics, facilty is quiet at night. Great place to stay for work or pleasure.

Room Tip: River side has great view, But street side is also quiet at night.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Christopher J, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for the great review and choosing to stay at our property! We are proud to honor our government and military employees with special rates on nearly every night (excluding special events). We encourage you to visit us even if you're not on business!

We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and we have even made some additions and improvements to it since your recent stay. Our room renovations are ongoing but you will see some major improvements to room condition in the near future. Our most recent changes are our new 32" LCD Tvs in all of our rooms and a new HD channel lineup going in to place next week!

Thank you again for your feedback! I hope you return soon to see our additions and explore our community a little more. Business trips don't always have to be all business!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
#2 of 12 in Liverpool
Beacon Hotel Oswego
Beacon Hotel Oswego
#3 of 10 in Oswego

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront? Share your experiences!