“Best place to stay in Oswego.”

Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Oswego
GreenLeadersGold level
Port Jefferson, New York, United States
“Best place to stay in Oswego.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

During the two years that our son attended SUNY Oswego, we have always stayed at this hotel and were never disappointed. We first stayed at the Captain's Quarters in July of 2011 when we went to visit SUNY Oswego, and many times in between, with the last stay being May of 2013. The rooms (actually the entire hotel) is fabulously clean, the bathrooms are sparkling, and they are generous with the towels. The view of the Oswego River can't be beat, and we loved having a balcony in our room overlooking the river. All the rooms are great, but we especially like the newer addition to the hotel. There is a little kitchenette with a sink, microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker. The extra sink and mirror come in handy with 3 or 4 people getting ready at the same time! The shower is extremely large, with pretty tile and clear shower doors. It's the size of a small room! We love it. The rooms have new, flat screen TVs that are great, and a desk to set up your laptop and other devices on. The cleaning attendants always clean both the room and bathroom to perfection. The staff is always friendly, courteous and helpful, no matter what time of night you arrive! It was nice that the people at the from desk frequently remember your name. The continental breakfast is great, with plenty of choices, and they have the most delicious coffee! The coffee and tea is available 24/7, which is nice. Diana, the continental breakfast attendant, is always bustling around making sure everyone has what they need and that everything is well-stocked. She is so warm and friendly. She always has a smile for everyone, she always remembered us (and other guests as well), and made us feel welcome whenever we stayed there. My son enjoyed using the indoor pool and hot tub. Although we never used the gym, it looks very clean and up-to-date with plenty of machines and TV's to watch while you exercise. The hotel is close to SUNY Oswego (about 3 miles) and conveniently close to many restaurants and stores. My son just graduated and we live on Long Island, so we will miss the Best Western Captain's Quarters. If we ever find ourselves up that way again, we would no doubt stay there, and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Diana was an extremely friendly and helpful continental breakfast attendant. Her positive attitude and welcoming smile made for a pleasant stay. Although the prices were a bit steep compared to nearby hotels, I'd go again for the quality service.

• Stayed May 2013
East Brunswick, New Jersey
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel about 3 weeks ago for a conference that I attended. Unfortunately, a bed bug was discovered in my bed. I am now having issues in my home with bed bugs as I have developed 10+ bites on both of my arms since my stay. My dermatologist confirmed that they are in fact insect bites and based on the fact that I traveled in the beginning of the month, that they could be bed bugs. I had a K-9 unit in my house & room and the dog found evidence of the bugs. A positive side to this was that the management and general manager acted fast by refunding my night's stay, however, the manager said that he exterminator confirmed that it was not a beg bug and that no bugs were found in my room or bed. After I replied back saying that my exterminator said that it was a bed bug by the photo....the manager never emailed me back.

I normally NEVER write bad reviews because I always enjoy my stay. I have worked in the hospitality industry for many years and I understand that sometimes things go wrong but just to be safe....if you choose to stay here...check the bed. It just seemed all to suspicious that after I said it was a bed bug the manager stopped responding.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Elena Y
thawthorn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Elena,

We hired a Pest Control Company to come in and do a complete analysis of the guest room you stayed in to include use of a flushing agent. Not a single insect was found. I stand by their professional findings.

I did not contact you after your last email because in that email you stated that you had a K-9 unit check your belongings and they did not find anything. At that point I considered the matter closed.

Tracey Hawthorn
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I traveled to New York recently for our daughter's wedding. We found this hotel to be clean, and the hotel personnel helpful and friendly. Among the personnel was Diana, the continental breakfast attendant. She was extremely pleasant to talk with and provided much information regarding the City of Oswego and nearby establishments. We also observed that she provided the same caring and helpful attitude to all those who were there. This enthusiasm was very much appreciated by my wife and I.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't say anything bad about this hotel. The view was perfect. I highly enjoyed having a balcony to just sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather! The front desk attendant Morgan was one of the best people I have delt with in a long time. She went above and beyond for her guest, made everyone feel at home and ALWAYS greeted me with a smile. Who ever trained her good job! I will always come back to this hotel. I couldn't have asked for better service!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Johnson City, New York
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great rooms, cleaning staff is very friendly and professional. Front desk staff is courteous and helpful. Continental breakfast is a wonderful spread of options - the best I've ever seen at a hotel. I particularly enjoy the selection of herbal teas. As a non-coffee drinker I rarely get a tea option at hotels, and never anything more than plain or decaf. Thank you for going above and beyond to satisfy your customers - it is noticed and appreciated!

Room Tip: They all have river views - you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Essex, Massachusetts, Usa
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hotel is perfectly located on the river. Room with 2 king beds could have fit 2 more. Big clean bathroom as well as kitchenette with utensils. Very friendly staff throughout. Excellent fitness center.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Beacon Hotel Oswego
Beacon Hotel Oswego
#3 of 10 in Oswego

Been to Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!