During the two years that our son attended SUNY Oswego, we have always stayed at this hotel and were never disappointed. We first stayed at the Captain's Quarters in July of 2011 when we went to visit SUNY Oswego, and many times in between, with the last stay being May of 2013. The rooms (actually the entire hotel) is fabulously clean, the bathrooms are sparkling, and they are generous with the towels. The view of the Oswego River can't be beat, and we loved having a balcony in our room overlooking the river. All the rooms are great, but we especially like the newer addition to the hotel. There is a little kitchenette with a sink, microwave, refrigerator and coffeemaker. The extra sink and mirror come in handy with 3 or 4 people getting ready at the same time! The shower is extremely large, with pretty tile and clear shower doors. It's the size of a small room! We love it. The rooms have new, flat screen TVs that are great, and a desk to set up your laptop and other devices on. The cleaning attendants always clean both the room and bathroom to perfection. The staff is always friendly, courteous and helpful, no matter what time of night you arrive! It was nice that the people at the from desk frequently remember your name. The continental breakfast is great, with plenty of choices, and they have the most delicious coffee! The coffee and tea is available 24/7, which is nice. Diana, the continental breakfast attendant, is always bustling around making sure everyone has what they need and that everything is well-stocked. She is so warm and friendly. She always has a smile for everyone, she always remembered us (and other guests as well), and made us feel welcome whenever we stayed there. My son enjoyed using the indoor pool and hot tub. Although we never used the gym, it looks very clean and up-to-date with plenty of machines and TV's to watch while you exercise. The hotel is close to SUNY Oswego (about 3 miles) and conveniently close to many restaurants and stores. My son just graduated and we live on Long Island, so we will miss the Best Western Captain's Quarters. If we ever find ourselves up that way again, we would no doubt stay there, and we would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This riverfront Oswego, New York hotel offers breathtaking views of Oswego Harbor and Lake Ontario located less than one mile from Sunny Oswego. Nestled along the Oswego River at the estuary into Lake Ontario, the Best Western Captain's Quarters features picturesque views of the Oswego River and a friendly service-oriented staff. Guests staying at this riverfront hotel will be close to a variety of recreational activities including charter fishing and ice hockey. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Best Western, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Captain`s Quarters Hotel Oswego
- Best Western Oswego
- Oswego Best Western
- Best Western Hotel Oswego