“Unfortunate Stay”

Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stayed in this hotel about 3 weeks ago for a conference that I attended. Unfortunately, a bed bug was discovered in my bed. I am now having issues in my home with bed bugs as I have developed 10+ bites on both of my arms since my stay. My dermatologist confirmed that they are in fact insect bites and based on the fact that I traveled in the beginning of the month, that they could be bed bugs. I had a K-9 unit in my house & room and the dog found evidence of the bugs. A positive side to this was that the management and general manager acted fast by refunding my night's stay, however, the manager said that he exterminator confirmed that it was not a beg bug and that no bugs were found in my room or bed. After I replied back saying that my exterminator said that it was a bed bug by the photo....the manager never emailed me back.

I normally NEVER write bad reviews because I always enjoy my stay. I have worked in the hospitality industry for many years and I understand that sometimes things go wrong but just to be safe....if you choose to stay here...check the bed. It just seemed all to suspicious that after I said it was a bed bug the manager stopped responding.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank Elena Y
thawthorn, General Manager at Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Elena,

We hired a Pest Control Company to come in and do a complete analysis of the guest room you stayed in to include use of a flushing agent. Not a single insect was found. I stand by their professional findings.

I did not contact you after your last email because in that email you stated that you had a K-9 unit check your belongings and they did not find anything. At that point I considered the matter closed.

Tracey Hawthorn

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I traveled to New York recently for our daughter's wedding. We found this hotel to be clean, and the hotel personnel helpful and friendly. Among the personnel was Diana, the continental breakfast attendant. She was extremely pleasant to talk with and provided much information regarding the City of Oswego and nearby establishments. We also observed that she provided the same caring and helpful attitude to all those who were there. This enthusiasm was very much appreciated by my wife and I.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I can't say anything bad about this hotel. The view was perfect. I highly enjoyed having a balcony to just sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather! The front desk attendant Morgan was one of the best people I have delt with in a long time. She went above and beyond for her guest, made everyone feel at home and ALWAYS greeted me with a smile. Who ever trained her good job! I will always come back to this hotel. I couldn't have asked for better service!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great rooms, cleaning staff is very friendly and professional. Front desk staff is courteous and helpful. Continental breakfast is a wonderful spread of options - the best I've ever seen at a hotel. I particularly enjoy the selection of herbal teas. As a non-coffee drinker I rarely get a tea option at hotels, and never anything more than plain or decaf. Thank you for going above and beyond to satisfy your customers - it is noticed and appreciated!

Room Tip: They all have river views - you can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hotel is perfectly located on the river. Room with 2 king beds could have fit 2 more. Big clean bathroom as well as kitchenette with utensils. Very friendly staff throughout. Excellent fitness center.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Due to business travel, I frequently stay at this hotel. I've always had a pleasant stay. The staff is helpful and courteous. The are eager to please and work hard to make your stay enjoyable. The rooms are clean and tidy. The gym facility is awesome. And there are several good eating options within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you can get a room in the newer conference wing, they are very nice. I prefer a room on the thi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The hotel and room was exceptionally clean and the bed was very comfortable. I had a balcony room facing the river and was able to sleep with the door open each night-some of the best sleep I've had in a long time. Somehow, even with the heat off the room didn't get too cold. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Would actually like to stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Beacon Hotel Oswego
Beacon Hotel Oswego
#5 of 11 in Oswego

Been to Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center

Address: 26 E 1st St, Oswego, NY 13126 (Formerly Best Western Plus Captain's Quarters)
Location: United States > New York > Finger Lakes > Oswego
Bar / Lounge Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Green Hotel in Oswego
#1 Family Hotel in Oswego
#2 Business Hotel in Oswego
Price Range: $199 - $258 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center 2.5*
This riverfront Oswego, New York hotel offers breathtaking views of Oswego Harbor and Lake Ontario located less than one mile from Sunny Oswego. Nestled along the Oswego River at the estuary into Lake Ontario, the Best Western Captain's Quarters features picturesque views of the Oswego River and a friendly service-oriented staff. Guests staying at this riverfront hotel will be close to a variety of recreational activities including charter fishing and ice hockey. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Oswego Hotel And Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Captain`s Quarters Hotel Oswego