“Disgusting, horrible, will never stay here again & wouldnt recommend it to anyone EVER!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oswego
King Arthur's Steakhouse Brewpub & Suites
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Oswego
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This "hotel" is the worst place Ive ever been in even worse than some homeless shelters Ive seen. No one available for "check-in" keys were left on a table in the "lobby area" by the elevator. Anyone could have walked in & took them. Elevator had urine in it. Room was very dirty & looked as if it hadnt been cleaned in years! Mold on the shower curtains, outlets didnt work, very few towels in the bathroom that felt like sandpaper.For the price paid I expected alot more. This place should be shut down. Even the judge from town had no idea this place was still open!

Room Tip: Please do not waste your money on this place! Its horrible & disgusting & looks like somethi...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Buffalo_girl716
Cody912912, Manager at King Arthur's Steakhouse Brewpub & Suites, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Hello, my name is Kyle. I took over as new Hotel manager in the spring of 2012, and I'm working hard to make King Arthur's Suites the place to stay in Oswego, NY. Please call me with any questions or comments that you may have about our Hotel or the King Arthur's building itself.
Our Suites are professionally cleaned and updated. We offer over sized rooms with a great view. I'm excited about our NEW Sushi Bar & Restaurant opening downstairs this Spring for our guests to enjoy! We are looking to expand our Hotel by adding 7 more Suites within the next 2 years. We are launching a NEW website by March 1st, 2013, please visit us soon! Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Westernville, New York
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Absolutely one of the best scams going. When you look to book a room you are lead to believe that there is a restaurant and pub "just right downstairs". Upon checking in we came to find that both the restaurant and the pub had been closed and for a while it seems. We had to ask a seemingly random stranger who it was that should be called to check in since there was no answer at the number provided. This was our luckiest moment with dealing with this establishment because the "stranger" was the sister of the owner. Once we were given our room keys we were left to our own devices in the room only to find that there were no blankets on the bed, 1 towel and 1 wash cloth in the bathroom and dirty, scum covered dishes in the cupboards. After calling and leaving a message about the fact that we had no blakets, at the very least, we decided to step out for a while to give "management" a chance to either fix it or get back to us. Upon returning not only did we have no return calls but we also still had no bankets in April and it was quite a cold and rainy night. For $170 a night there should be as many towels as one could use, 3 blankets and a mint on my pillow. ABSOLUTELY the wrong move to waste your money staying here and furthering the legal career of the lawyers working to keep the owner off the sex offender list. Seriously, get it together or shut it down because your a FRAUD!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank CharSullivan
Liverpool, New York
Reviewed December 16, 2010

This is a great spot, but you need to be aware of the downside. It is run very poorly! You have to check in at the bar area (no big deal), and the staff is dealing with many other issues. When I asked the girl that helped me to check in where we should park the car, she recommended parking on the street on the west side of the building. When I went to check out the next day, I found a traffic ticket on my car. When I confronted management about this- they denied any responsibility- and told me that I parked there at my own risk. The facilities are quite nice, but the rooms are overpriced and you need to be prepared for them not to be of any assistance if you are new to the area. The $50 "surprise" ruined the entire stay. Stay here at your own risk!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Kentucky
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Stayed here on a business trip with three colleagues. We each had different rooms which were three different prices (understandable because it is an Inn, not a chain hotel.) I don't remember which room I had but it was facing the alley towards the river. The room was huge and had a kitchen facility but other than being decently redone, it was nothing special. My toilet was clogged (and I had a floater in there) and there is no one on site to assist. The management is not on site, so you can't reach them after hours. I am sure you can get someone from the bar or restaurant during the day, but at night, not a chance. Needless to say, I had to just shut the door and hope things didn't get too stinky. I would stay here again if I were in Oswego because I like the Inn atmosphere that it has, but be wary of no management on hand.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
buffalo
Reviewed May 17, 2009

We just came back from a stay at King Arthur's in Oswego, New York. The check in was a very slow process. You had to check in at the bar. There was only bartender and he was checking us in at the same time he was filling drink orders at the bar. This process took around 20 min. Finally, we got into our rooms.One of the rooms did not have a window, There wasn't any ice to be found, so my husband decided to go to the bar to get some ice. The bartender told him that he wasn't allowed to take a glass with ice up to the room and he did not have anything else for the ice. Also, at the same time another person was complaining about their room. They had requested soap, towels and coffee. Very poor service........ Now it is time to go to dinner that we had booked several weeks ago at King Arthur. Again, management had failed to tell us that because of graduation week-end there is only a buffet available and you can not order off the menu. We had a party of 8 and was placed upstairs to dine.(There was plenty of room in the main dining room). The food was not hot and the meat was very rare. The chicken on the buffet consists of frozen nuggets that were cooked and placed on the warming tray next to the french fries. The service was very slow as the waiter had to go downstairs to get all the food, drinks,cups and extra silverware. Finally it was time to retire to our rooms. All we could hear from our rooms was the noise from the bar. On top of that, there was a lot of loud noise coming from the other rooms and never stopped until 3am. Finally it was morning and it was time to check out. We decided to leave early for our long trip home. Therefore, at 9am we decided to check out. No one was in site. The
door leading to the bar and the dining room were both locked. So we left the door keys in our rooms. I called later in the day to let them know that we had left the door keys in our rooms as no one was around in the morning. The respond was "Ok, we will take of it" You would think that they would ask if everything was ok.... This was our second experience at this hotel and our last. Very poor management and service........ We would not recommend this hotel to others........

• Stayed May 2009
Ft.Lauderdale
Reviewed November 6, 2007

My family of 5 stayed at the King Arthur Suites in Oswego, NY, during a weekend visit. I was pleasantly surprised by the size and decor. Large, old-fashioned rooms, with very tall windows, very clean, a beautiful marble bathroom all made for an extremely pleasant stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through for a true Oswego experience.

• Liked — Large rooms, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Bathroom curtain
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RosieLeeM
Near Utica, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2007

I planned to have our wedding party stay at King Arthur's, and fill all the suites. My fiancee and I stayed there Valentine's 06 to check it out. The restaurant has really gone downhill; I'd recommend Patz at the old Admiral Woolsey's across the river instead. We felt that the suites themselves were great- extra large, like a luxurious apartment. Granted, there were some weird things, like beige towels (can't bleach them!), no hairdryer, freezing bathroom floors, and a noisy, in-window heat/AC unit. We felt that the rooms meritied our party's stay in September.
I called the cell phone of the suites manager, as instructed by the bartender (which is where you check in, again- weird!). She was very friendly, and I told her that we were going to have all the members of the wedding party book ALL 8 ROOMS for 9/30/06. She said that was fine, she would block them off and wait for their calls. After confirming with all parties that they had made their reservations by credit card with said manager, I called to confirm a month before the wedding. No response, tried several more times, and then a week before the wedding, finally, her sister answered her cell phone. She stated that Michele (manager) was out of the country, and no, all the rooms were NOT booked for our party, and never appeared to have been.
They refused to take responsibility, and had even booked two of the rooms for long term guests, MONTHS after we had all made our reservations. Had to send half our group across the river to the Econolodge.
So let this be a warning to you: a) although their suites are great, their management is horrific; b) confirm, confirm, confirm and c) don't eat in their restaurant- it used to be excellent but now it's mediocre and overpriced. My entire wedding party LOVED their meal at Patz at Woolsey's.

• Liked — The rooms were unique, and it was independently owned and operated.
  • Disliked — The management had no clue how to own and operate a restaurant or hotel suites!!
  • Tips/Secrets — As long as the current hotel suites manager is in place (daughter of the owner), good luck with all that!!
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank NewYorkMills07
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront
Beacon Hotel Oswego
Beacon Hotel Oswego
#4 of 10 in Oswego

Been to King Arthur's Steakhouse Brewpub & Suites? Share your experiences!