“A Gem of a Restaurant!”
Review of Cidermoon Coffee Roasters - CLOSED

Cidermoon Coffee Roasters
Reviewed July 10, 2014

This is an exceptional little gem of a restaurant in Oswego, NY. Fabulous fresh roasted coffees and great sandwiches. They even bake their own breads and pastries daily! I had the fresh roasted turkey (yes, she does that herself as well) on one of the best breads I've EVER tasted! It was called dill rye but I must say... not like any rye bread taste I've ever had. For me, it was more like a savory light cake. Delicious! You won't be disappointed if you stop by. I can't wait to take my husband back and try their weekend breakfast specials.

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I had a turkey sandwich on homemade white bread. Oh my goodness it was so good. They cook their meats there and the turkey was so good. Moist not dried out. I loved the bread and I bought a loaf to take home. I also bought croutons (homemade too). The cookies are so good I purchased some to take home to let hubby try. I also had fresh squeezed lemonaide. It was very good, made to order. I absolutely could go crazy in there with the pictures and polish pottery for sale too. The owner Diane is so friendly so cudos to her. I can't wait to go back . I have my best friend coming from Michigan in a couple weeks and I can't wait to take her there .

Reviewed July 8, 2014

After reading the good reviews, I brought my friend here for a mid-afternoon snack while we were in Oswego. We loved the old vintage tables and the Polish pottery displays, and the place was super clean. The person behind the counter seemed confused when I asked for a mocha, and when I asked for a mocha with almond milk it got even worse. They make hot chocolate from a machine like you'd see in a gas station! Another employee got involved, and while they were trying to figure out how to make me a mocha, the owner who was in the attached office, called me in to look at her website. (Me??) My friend, who works as a barrista in Syracuse, asked if she could go behind the counter and steam the milk! It was so odd! Her coffee was weak and I saw coffee grinds on the cup lip. My cocoa concoction filled only 2/3 of a cup and was barely so-so. I did get a generous slice of lemon cheesecake with a graham cracker crust for $2.25 and it was very good. Cidermoon could be a great place. If only.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am a foodie and I love fresh products and the shop local movement. I was blown away by their pitas - light, not doughy but solid enough to hold this amazing and large portion of turkey salad piled on with crisp bacon, very fresh lettuce and tomato and onion and provolone cheese. Garnished with fresh fruit or chips, and a cookie that is soft but also stands up to a quick dunking in their roasted in-house coffee (which by the way will make you want to throw out all of your gift cards to the chain coffee stores). Suggest you speak to the owner Diane who will be eager to show you their state of the art coffee roaster, and give you the history of the beautiful hand-crafted Polish pottery that decorates the walls and is for sale (along with some local art work). All orders can be customized without any staff complaints, and you will not be disappointed! Breakfasts are large and under-priced in my opinion, and if the special is the Hangover Hash go for it! Cakes and pies also can be pre-ordered (suggest the lemon cake), and the breads - get your hands on the dill or the English muffin bread. The atmosphere is charming, reminds me off the neighborhood coffee shops of Seattle/Portland before corporate coffee intrusion. You will not be rushed if you decide to eat in or outside, but encouraged to relax, read the paper and just take in the aromas of the latest goodie out of the oven or the newest batch of coffee being roasted. A MUST VISIT!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I can only comment on the coffee here and not the food, since we have never eaten at Cidermoon. We learned about this place last year when we were getting coffee at another coffee roaster in Oswego and the person behind the counter made a snide remark about the "other roaster" in town. Big mistake, We immediately went to find Cidermoon and after tasting their coffee, we have never gone back to the original roaster! Since we do not live in Oswego, I order their coffee online and have it shipped. Paying for postage is worth it for this coffee.