“Subtraction by Addition?”

Ranked #8 of 92 Restaurants in Oswego
Cuisines: American, European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a causal European style storefront bistro, specializing in comfort food with a flair. We pride ourselves in only using FRESH ingredients, available organic products, the best cuts of meat, and everything is made from scratch; every sauce, every dressing, every dessert. We use preservative-free food from its rawest form, and our seafood is wild-caught and additive-free. We have craft beers and a great selection of wine. We encourage a leisurely approach to eating, taking your time, eating in courses, and enjoying company and the conversation of family and friends. Come check us out and see what comfort food done right is all about.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Subtraction by Addition?”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The Bistro has recently doubled it's size and added music and a bar. Wondering if they haven't bitten off more than they can chew. Service seems to have suffered

• Visited November 2013

Canton, Ohio
“Not what I had hoped.”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I visited Bistro 197 with two coworkers after one had talked about how great the food was at Bistro 197 for the whole trip to Oswego. We ordered fried calamari and stuffed mushrooms for appetizers. They both tasted good, but the calamari was extremely greasy.
For the main course, I ordered the grilled chicken pasta. This tasted good at first, but it was so rich, it actually made me start to feel ill and I was only able to eat about half of it.
My coworkers ordered drinks, so I thought I would try what I thought was the house specialty, the martini 197. It was extremely bitter and not enjoyable at all. I was only able to down a couple sips and then set it aside.
On the plus note, our server was friendly and did a good job.

• Visited February 2014
Oswego, New York
“What are you waiting for!”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

A casual piano bar/restaurant environment with great food and frequently live music. Always fresh, never frozen the menu is limited but has something for everyone and no matter what you choose it is always outstanding. From experience, the worlds best pork chop!

• Visited January 2014
“Refreshing”
Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Nice place to go for lunch in the new year. We traditionally meet friends after the holidays to enjoy a meal and catch up on each other's lives. The Bistro fit the bill quite nicely.
Food was good and we had several choices to choose from for lunch. We did have a slight issue with dirty forks but we just sent them back for clean ones.

Visited January 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyment with friends”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Some of my friends who I golf with, get together at least once a month. We try some of our local restaurants each time. Bistro was our choice for Dec. Everyone said that their meal was very good and would go back again in the future. Waitress & other employees were friendly and made our dinner with friends great!

• Visited December 2013