“Calamari Gone Wrong...”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is the most disgusting establishment in all of Oswego. Last night after a boat trip my girlfriend and I decided to stop in for drinks and appetizers at the bar. After ordering a round of drinks we decided on the Thai Calamari with the "Ringo" quesedilla. Right after we ordered the owner of the bar came in with two lap dogs who he let the staff handle and then let them walk all over the bar. If that wasn't disgusting enough it gets worse. He must have ordered the calamari as well and they brought it to him before us even thought we clearly ordered before him. Wait it gets better...

Another waitress then brought him his order of calamari which he proceeded to eat out of so at this point he is eating out of both baskets and dipping in both sauces. The one waitress (knowing he has eaten out of both) proceeds to take the calamari to the kitchen to see who the order was supposed to be for and returns within a matter of seconds and serves us the same calamari that had already been eaten out of by a man handling dogs! I refused to pay for the calamari, the bartender completely understood and seemed disgusted herself. I for one will never eat there again. Since telling my story to others I have heard horror stories on how the place is run and the cleanliness of the kitchen. I'm really disappointed by this because as a former frequent patron I have always enjoyed the venue, the music and the drink selection. Perhaps I will be able to go there for a drink again (bottled) but there is no way I can ever eat there again.

Just sad.

4  Thank Jack S
There are newer reviews for Old City Hall

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Sat outside and listened to the good music. Great service, good prices and a fun time. Definitely recommend

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Sat outside on a warm summer nights overlooking the river and had a very enjoyable experience. Looks like the place is a hangout for many locals. The food was very good and reasonable. Definitely a nice place in town.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I loved old city, I bought food even though its over price because I loved the atmosphere.However I have never been so insulted by a business in my life, I am (was) a loyal costumer kind costumer. The last time i went there the bartender told me i didn't tip her enough because I payed with a twenty for one drink. Keep in mind I am pregnant and was getting water and drink for my boyfriend. I tried to explain i wasn't paying with my money but she continued to freak out and insult me.

3  Thank Logaufvgd
Reviewed June 20, 2013

What a great place to go for a drink. The prices are very reasonable, the service is excellent and the atmosphere is very comfortable.