“None of their food was any good”

The Ritz Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 88 Restaurants in Oswego
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Let me keep it simple. Went there with wife daughter and review the basic food orders. The raisin bread french toast was BONE DRY! It was like they just painted on some egg batter very lightly and then over cooked it. The pancakes were dry, overcooked and tasteless. No matter how much butter or syrup we used the food just was not edible. One good thing was the toasted corn muffin. But that's it. Save this as a last resort. You are better off eating in a college dining hall.

There are newer reviews for The Ritz Restaurant

Reviewed July 20, 2013

They have had Pat Barry as the Chef here for a few months and he comes up with great twists on traditional diner food. I recently had a Breakfast roll that had the contents of an omlette wrapped in a pancake. It was huge, I was stuffed afterward. The only complaint is the place is always stingy on the portion of homefries you get. Has nothing to do with the cook that is the management, but I still like the place. Nice you can get quality breakfast anytime of day.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Oswego student, i am not picky! I do not recommend this. I ordered orange juice, a bagel With butter not toasted and a muffin w nothing on it. It took 40 minutes. The orange juice was almost green and watered down, I didn't complain. The bagel was toasted with butter when I ordered a bagel with cream cheese and my muffin was toasted. I didn't complain. We had to ask for check. We waited 20 mins so our waitress to come and pick up the money and never did. We had to go up and pay. Worst food and service in Oswego

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Came across restaurant by accident - parking lot was full of cars, looked promising. Place was busy so we sat at the counter. Greeted by waitress fairly quickly (only time during visit that happened), asked for an order of toast and coffee while we decided on the rest of our meal. Waitress eventually came back with coffee - hadn't put the toast order in yet - she'd been busy with a large table (that was the excuse we heard several times during our visit).
Toast finally showed up with the rest of our meal. Had the broccoli cheese omelet - bland, frozen broccoli. My husband had the veggie cheese omelet - asked for tomatoes to be in it - waitress said it came with it - it didn't. His omelet wasn't very flavorful either. Waitress was very indifferent - stood at counter waiting for ticket to be printed - she handed it to us and then walked off...Other waitresses tried to be helpful but couldn't do much.
Definitely not going back there again and certainly won't recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Ritz has been in Oswego for a long time! Great cooking for breakfast, (they have a new menu) and the service is quick and efficient. Well worth the visit!