“Great choice in Oswego”

Beacon Hotel Oswego
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here while visiting family for Thanksgiving. Hotel and room was nicely appointed and clean. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Two concerns: no elevator to upstairs (where I believe all the rooms with two beds are located) and the bed in my room was short (I am 6' and my feet hung off the bed). Otherwise, it is a nice addition to an area sorely lacking nice hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I love this place. A nice remodel and repurpose of this building. The noise really carries here-Quiet intimacy is probably the best at the Beacon Hotel, the noise travels quite well throughout the hotel.

Quaint, small rooms that are nicely furnished except the bedding. I've not slept on a mattress this bad since church camp. The only thing worse was the box springs. This was the noisiest and most uncomfortable bedding set we have ever experienced. Each negative review here mentions the bad bedding. Hopefully the owners read these reviews upgrade the mattress and box springs soon. Real soon. I won't be back if they don't.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Crutchfield
BeaconOswego, Manager at Beacon Hotel Oswego, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. The Beacon Hotel Oswego NY, has now been open for 2 1/2 years. The opinion of our guests is of utmost importance to us. After reading these reviews, We have investigated the situation and realized that there was a recall on our box springs. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and new ones are on the way. We do hope that you will give the Beacon Hotel Oswego NY another chance for a peaceful nights rest.
Management

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I were excited to stay here due to its great location right on main
street, but ended up with a terrible night's sleep due to all the noise so not sure
we'll return. It is an old building with hardwood floors throughout the upstairs -
beautiful to look at but extremely squeaky as drunken guests wander in at all hours
to laugh and carry on in the hallways. There is supposed to be a nightwatchman to
keep track of the evenings, but he was asleep in the corner of the lounge when I
went down to complain after 2am, and seemingly unaware of the herd of giggling buffalo
that had been in and out for the past 3 hours and knocking on each other's doors.
The door on our small room (#11, Q w/fireplace) didn't go all the way to the floor so
you could also see light from the hallway but that undoubtedly contributed to the
noise problem too. Wish I could say I was more impressed but they need better
attention to service for such a tiny place (quiet hours?), more respectful patrons
and maybe carpeted hallways or something.

Room Tip: Maybe something downstairs next to the owner's suite would be quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bebrbabe

Thank you for your review. Your suggestions have been put to work.
We do have quiet hours from 9:30 pm- 10:00 am. We are a boutique hotel, which is a very intimate setting.
We do apologize for the night watchmen on duty. It is his job to maintain the quiet hours for everyone staying with us at the Beacon Hotel Oswego, NY.
We do, and will continue to strive to ensure all our guests are happy with a comfortable quiet stay.
Management

Reviewed September 17, 2013

There were so many things to like about this hotel. The rooms were nice and modern. They had tons of outlets, which are so rare in any hotel. The bathroom was spacious and modern. It was odd, however, that the sink and vanity were in the bedroom, so it was impossible for me to sleep while my husband shaved. The lounge area was really nice and quiet. It was a good place to relax. The location is good. The staff was really friendly and helpful. However, the bed was awful. It had to be the most uncomfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I'll probably stay there again, as we come to Oswego once a year, but usually stay somewhere else. Hopefully, they'll get new mattresses.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 8, 2013

For nearly $160 per night - which strikes me as pricey for Oswego - the Beacon Hotel should have beds that don't creak and groan when sat upon or when you roll over while sleeping. It doesn't. The beds should also be comfortable. They aren't. In fact, the beds in our room - #12 - remind me of the $200 bed and box spring special that I bought from an off-brand bedding store while in graduate school. While a significant amount of road noise intrudes, the hotel can't be faulted for its location on a busy road. Just make sure to request a room that doesn't face the main road. The rest of the hotel is fine, just like a Hampton Inn is fine. However, the Hampton Inn breakfast is better. I don't know if there are better choices in Oswego, but if I return I will stay somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the Beacon Hotel. Our room was nicely decorated with the tallest ceilings in any hotel we've visited. The bed was very comfortable. Super clean bathroom. The staff member that did our check in was very nice. The wedding reception was in the lounge and a room with a beautiful fireplace and woodwork. The hotel is within easy walking distance to downtown Oswego. The continental breakfast was mostly pastries, instant oatmeal, juices and coffee. It would have been nice for something less sweet, but most of our group liked it. We are planning on staying here again. Good rate for this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hotel was cozy but the bed was just awfull ,squeeking with every single move.Paper thin walls did not help either.If you staying for day or two its ok. Would recommend it because of location.We walked everywhere .There is an excellent massge spot down the street .

Room Tip: Good for a short stay
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswego
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oswego
The Red Mill Inn
The Red Mill Inn
#1 of 2 in Baldwinsville
Quality Inn & Suites Riverfront

Been to Beacon Hotel Oswego? Share your experiences!