“Charming hotel!”

Beacon Hotel Oswego
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Oswego
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Charming hotel with nicely appointed rooms. Comfortable and extremely clean. Friendly staff. I think you'll enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LRK210

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We just spent the weekend in Oswego for the "Elks" President's weekend as the NYS Elks President comes to Ontario District and visits the district. It felt like being home in am old Victorian home. We just loved staying here. Everyone was very friendly. We had a luncheon held there that they brought their own food in and they completely made it simple for Oswego lodge to do.. We will defiantely make this our place to stay when ever we do come up to Oswego again. Just a lovely pleasant stay. We did have a few rooms booked and they gave us all the discount. There was coffee, tea through out the day and evening. A light breakfast was available for us all and we all loved and enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: With all of us that stayed there I did not hear anyone say that there was something that they were n...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great remodel of an Oswego landmark! They did a fantastic job, the lobby area is nicely decorated, very homey and comfy with a great ambiance. Our room was fantastic with nice wood floors,high ceilings,upscale furnishings and immaculately clean bathroom. Front desk manager was very nice and escorted us to our room. Will stay here on any future overnight stays in Oswego. Will recommend to friends and family. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Cuseis1
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We stayed at the Beacon Hotel for two nights. It was a sparkling little jewel in the city, clean, quiet and with friendly staff. Our room was adequate for our needs. The morning coffee was delicious.

The only drawaback was that we forgot to turn down the heat before we retired for the evening so the room (second floor) stayed warmer than we like it. We learned the second night and were comfy/cozy!

Good value, nice place!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank SRR52
Reviewed December 23, 2011

This is a very pretty little hotel run by a great family in Oswego. It is right in the heart of downtown and walking distance to most attractions in the Port City. We stayed in a single queen room and the bed was comfortable; however, the pillows were flat. There is a tv, microwave, and mini-fridge in the room too.
The only drawback is the thin walls. We could hear everything going on in the hallway and in the next room.
Overall, great place to stay. Just bring earplugs!

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms have vaulted ceilings and hard wood floors.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alisa M
Reviewed December 22, 2011

My son told me to stay at The Beacon when I was coming up to celebrate his birthday with him at the end of October, I found the staff to be very helpful, friendly and accomodating. My room was clean and comfortable and reminded me of my bedroom at home, it had a very cozy feel. I was so impressed that I cancelled my reservation at a nearby hotel and booked at the Beacon for December for my son's college graduation. Once again, the staff was great. The only negative comment I have is the breakfast selection was very sparce and could use mych improvement

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bev410
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Great location, beautiful hotel, friendly staff. I would absolutely stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2011