“Pleasant Surprise”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Bellefonte, PA USA
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Went here for dinner while fishing for king salmon this week. Walked in and only 1 table had guests seated. Well to make a long story short Prime Rib was outstanding. Side of wild mushrooms were also top of the line. Grilled ceasar to start was perdect roo

• Visited September 2013

Pulaski, New York
“Meat improperly served”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

First time Delmonico steak full of fat. Excellent salad dressing, which brought me back. Second time cold filet overdone, salad warmed not grilled. My wife's wine was either corked or old, asked to have replacement. When the bill came with both charges I bout up the charge. Eventually the bill was adjusted with the comment "for Future reference we do not adjust charges for returned wine but SHE did adjust your bill". My attitude is that is an insult and couple that with very marginal food, for future reference I will never return.
Mitigation is my wife scallops were terrific.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Russ4862
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
“wonderful time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

When we arrived and saw the grounds and restaurant I figured it was going to be over priced. To my surprise the prices were very reasonable and the staff couldn't be more helpful and friendly. The food was just wonderful everything I ordered was just great. We were all so happy with our meals and drinks and service. We cant wait to be there next year .

• Visited August 2013
Nanuet, New York
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was the second time there . The food was excellant we had the NY strip and it was made just the way we wanted . My husband also had the the blue crab macaroni and cheese and that was excellant.We will be coming back in September 2013. We definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone.

• Visited August 2013
“Wow - what a pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting the Oswego area and decided to go out for steak at the 1881 Steakhouse. Even though it's a few miles outside of town, it's well worth the trip. The menu was filled with an extensive variety of fish and steak options. My daughter had the crab bisque, and steak with shrimp, garlic and Parmesan sauce. My wife had the mocha streak and I had the NY Strip. Each of ours were prepared wonderfully and tasted really good! The portions were so big that we didn't have any room for their homemade desserts. The wait staff was extremely personable and knowledgeable about the menu. We will definitely be returning to 1881 the next time we are in the area!

Visited August 2013