“Too close for comfort”

Add it.
Keenan House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Tables were inches apart from each other making for a very uncomfortable and negative experience. The waitress was able to recite the specials to two tables at same time.

3  Thank 52,854

Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a relatively new brew pub where the staff are all extremely pleasant and eager to succeed. Regrettably, the night we were there, the kitchen was on vacation. It took us 2 hours and 45 minutes to eat dinner, even though we were seated immediately. The wait between courses seemed endless. I felt sorry for the two kids in a family of four at the next table but they seemed to behave, God bless them. Some meals were good, others were passable, and some portions were absurdly small. A chopped salad, instead of coming to the table as a bulging mound of greens plus all those extras, actually required a magnifying glass to even find it. Same for the cheesecake which could have been picked up like a cookie off a buffet table. It is time for this place to get its act together.

4  Thank Steve C
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped here for a drink one night while we were in Ossining...it's a cute, trendy restaurant...nicely done decor and the menu looked awesome. We decided to have a beer at the bar while contemplating on eating dinner. The bar area smelled like a dirty dish rag...dirty water, all damp and bitter. I don't know why it smelled like that, but it wasn't very appealing. Either way, we sucked thru it since they had a fun (but pricey) little craft beer list. Upon ordering our beers, the bartender took it upon herself to pour them automatically into glasses (which I hate...just ask me first...I happen to like bottles!)...I took my first sip, and can't even describe the taste in my mouth. It was salty and gross and I felt something on my tongue...it was a greyish booger looking mushy thing that I then noticed was also smooshed onto the rim of the side of the glass I just sipped from. It took ALL my might not to vomit right there on the bar. I don't know what it was, but I was so beyond grossed out. I showed the bartender all all she had to say was "Eww...sorry. Let me get you another one." We finished our beers and asked for the check. It would have been nice had the bartender comped my booger-beer, or at least offered another on the house. How can you serve someone something like that and not try to make it right? Had she tried to make it right, I would have left somewhat satisfied. But between the stench of damp mop and the snot on my glass ring, I'll be sure never to return. I gave them a "poor" rating rather than "terrible" because it actually was a cute place inside. Beers are also very pricey...for Ossining.

2  Thank Kate F
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I believe this restaurant has just recently opened but they on their way to becoming a great new addition to Ossining. We had brunch on 4/21. We were offered the regular menu or brunch prix fixe menu. We opted for brunch with the complimentary drink. We started with salads. The Keenan salad was great. Everyone's plates were completely cleaned! I had the smokey pulled pork sandwich (actually more sweet than smokey which was a bit disappointing but still good). The others had a burger and eggs florentine. Everything was great. We all had the flourless cake for dessert. Wonderful.

Can't say enough nice things about the wait staff. Very friendly. The place is small, modern and clean. The bar area is a bit small, but was packed when we were there. By the time we left, the dinner crowd was showing up. The dining area was almost full by then. The only down side is the parking. Street parking only. I know that one of the previous restaurants in that same spot offered valet parking because parking is no limited. If business progresses well, they might want to consider it. Nothing is more annoying than having a reservation and not being able to park your car.

Prices were reasonable. I think the total was about $70 (before tip) for 3 for brunch. Can't beat that!

I wish them much success and luck with this new restaurant.

3  Thank JudyMetroNYCarea
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I've been looking for a local pub to call my own and I think I finally found it. The beer selection was excellent, both bottles and on tap. The staff were super friendly and the bartender knew his stuff. I will be returning again this weekend to try the fare...and will follow up my review.

2  Thank Joshua H