“Great Value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Oriskany
Indianapolis
“Great Value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2008

We have a daughter in Rome, NY and have stayed at several hotels in the area and found them to be expensive or dirty or both. The Ramada is an instant hit. The fitness room is one of the best I've used (though it appears no one else did the four days we were there). The desk people we friendly and very helpful. The room was large, clean and quiet (even though a college athletic team was there two nights). The rates were very good for the area and we'll be back. It is next to the airport but again, very quiet. I get the feeling Oriskany Airport will never challenge JFK as an international stop.

• Liked — Staff was friendly and helpful
  • Disliked — Hotels are expensive in the area. This one is reasonable for the area
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Contoocook, NH
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2008

This is a great value if you need to stay in the Utica/Rome area. Similar hotels only 6 miles away in Utica were $30 more a night.

The good:
Very clean, comfortable rooms
Nice lobby with TV (for those early risers that don't care to wake up the rest of the family)
On-site restaurant ($8 for buffet breakfast)
Remote, quite location (good if you have kids that want a yard to run on, or you like to walk/jog)
Large pool with additional kiddie pool
Nicely decorated, appeared to be fairly recently (partially) remodeled
Very comfortable beds
Reasonably priced (we paid $99 for the night w/ AAA)

The not as good:
Pool is outdoors and unheated (a bit chilly even in August - its too bad they don't enclose/heat it - its really a nice large pool)
The water temp in the shower was ALL over the place - from chilly to scaulding during a shower - dangerous to the point that I wouldn't let my younger kids use it.
Although it looks recently remodeled, it was only a surface upgrade - still has older tub, toilet, sink and AC unit.
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere - but only about a 6 mile drive into New Hartford/Utica where there are more retail stores than you can imagine.

All in all I thought it was a real deal. Very clean, comfortable rooms for a very reasonable price. They also have an exercise room that looked nice, although w e didn't have the chance to use it.

• Liked — Clean comfortable rooms at a great price
  • Disliked — Shower - fluctuating temp
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2008

Great visit - nice location for traveling - rooms were very nice - didn't get to the pool - the dinning room/food was fantastic - service was excellent - great bar and entertainment was super - would stay there again!

Stayed May 2008
Dayton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

This hotel is very old and run-down with the exception of the fitness room which looks to be very new. (It is also in a very remote and nearly deserted part of town with no surrounding restaurants.) I checked-in and went to my room only to find that it was not completely cleaned. I called the front desk and asked to be moved. The next room I entered was clean. However, it was raining heavily and the window was leaking like a sieve! I was tired and did not want to move again, so I shoved towels into the window sill to catch the water.
The room seemed to be clean enough, but some of the furnishings were very run-down. The bed was not too comfortable.
On my last morning, I arose early to shower and get to the airport. I was very unhappy to discover that there was no hot water for a shower. I complained at check-out and did get a discount on the room.
I will say that all of the staff was very helpful and kind. However, due to the condition of the facilities, I would avoid staying here again and would advise others to not use this hotel.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Run-down facilities
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Oriskany hotels

kckhook
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2007

Don't get me wrong; the rooms are beautiful. We stayed in a king suite (6 occupants) and it was absolutely wonderful. The room was very tidy and organized.

On our first night we went to a nearby Uno Chicago Grill. That was very good with wonderful service. Our second night, we decided to go to the restaurant located next to the lobby. I figure it'll be easier to just plainly list the complaints of this restaurant:

-We ordered simple beverages when we first walked in and there was at least a 15 minute wait for them.

-We ordered chicken quesadillas for an appetizer. After it found its way to our table (an hour since we ordered) there was no salsa or guacamole (these are supposed to come with) The waitress went to retrieve these and returned to us stating that they had ran out. Then after we had finished our dry quesadillas, she walks out with a cup of salsa.

-Calamari was on the menu and after we ordered the waitress comes out and tells us that they had, once again, ran out.

-We ordered champagne and when it had arrived to our table the waitress had simply plopped the bottle on our table; no ice, not opened and NO GLASSES. We had to ask twice to get our glasses.

-Ordered Chicken Riggies; after at least a 2 hour wait, we received our riggies without one piece of chicken.

-I ordered my son honey barbeque wings and they came back honey mustand. Not that appealing.

-My children had ordered cheesburgers medium-rare. They came back charred; Very VERY well done.

- The waitress kept coming out of the kitchen and was telling us that "hopefully" our food would be ready. (By the way the waitress was very nice about everything)

-2 couples & 1 woman were there at least 20 minutes before the closing time. After waiting that amount of time they were told no service. The one woman stormed out of the room seemingly very irritated.

-There were no bottles of wine even though they it was stated on a small card on the center of the table. The waitress stated that they only have gallons of wine so my husband and myself decided just to get individual glasses. The waitress come back and said that they only had one glass left. I had the tiny glass of Cavet (for $6) and it tasted like water.

-No manager on site.

In conclusion, the hotel itself was wonderful with a very nice suite and a friendly, helpful hotel staff. BUT....... I would not recommend visiting the restaurant if you are to visit here.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Northvale, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2007

The Ramada Inn Oriskany, NY, located right next to the "airport" was one of the only hotels in that area that wasn't in downtown Utica/Rome. The hotel is located right next to Onedia County Airport which is currently inactive except for homeland security training purposes. The lobby is nice but the hallways are narrow and dark. We booked a king suite (which is definitely worth the money) for about $109/night. It used to be two rooms, however is now made into one full living room with a television, sitting area, multiple desks, ottoman chairs, and a small kitchenette with a microwave and large fridge. This part of the room was huge, but there was a full sized-door (which used to be a connecting link between two rooms) to the actual bedroom which contained the bathroom. There was also a desk with T.V. and another chair with ottoman in this room. The bathroom was not very large but still definitely adequate. The television is cable with well over 80 channels. The only con was that the room smelled a bit musty and there is only one entrance to the hotel. The windows could open to let in some fresh air. The people at the front desk were extremely helpful in giving directions. Overall, the room was excellent, very spacious and a great buy in a quite mysterious open-countryside area. Big field surrounding the parking lot is perfect to relax or have a catch. Don't get fooled by the exterior of the hotel, it's a long two story building that doesn't look very appealing.

• Liked — Large rooms, suite, view, location.
  • Disliked — Musty, wet-dog like smell, one entrance, long, narrow, dark hallways.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank yankeefreek2005
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2005

My stay at the Ramada was a good one. The staff was friendly and the food at the restaurant was great. There may be some rough spots but for a hotel to keep there doors open while they are cleaning up is a good way to make it better. I would stay there again some of the little things you just have to look over. My nights sleep was great and i would go back again.

Stayed November 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oriskany
Wingate by Wyndham Rome
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
Red Roof Inn Utica
#4 of 13 in Utica

Been to Hotel Oriskany? Share your experiences!