“A Relaxing Way to travel fro New England to Long Island”
Review of Cross Sound Ferry

Cross Sound Ferry
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Orient
Reviewed September 28, 2016

I always wanted to do this ferry and recently got an opportunity to do it. I think I have saved some time if not money. The view is far better than driving through I 95. I might do this again on my next trip to New England.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"sea jet"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed September 27, 2016

When traveling from New England to Long Island and/or reverse, the Cross Sound Ferry is a convenient and comfortable trip. Reservations are strongly urged and rates can vary for off peak times. The boats are clean and the crew on land and sea are helpful and courteous. Breaking up the drive is a huge benefit, avoiding the city is delightful and well worth the fee.

Reviewed September 24, 2016

I am organizing a trip for my car club and we wanted to use the Cross Sound Ferry. After reading Joe D's review I thought I had better look into how I could book on line. I emailed the company and got a very helpful reply -

With an international address, when you reach the billing information section while making the reservation put in as much of your actual information as you can. Name, address, city, and email address. The site however will not allow foreign postal codes or phone numbers. For these sections put in "99999" as the zip code, and "CT" in the state section. As for the phone number, if you don’t have a US number, you can enter the phone number of the hotel where you will be staying or "99999" if you don’t have access to that number.

I am looking forward to doing this despite having to say I've already been and hope that it will be of help to others!

Reviewed September 24, 2016 via mobile

In late September even on a Friday the traffic and wait were minimal for the ferry. Beautiful views, a chance to meet nice people

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2016

We took the ferry from New London to Long Island , $59 for car and driver and $17 for an additional passenger. It may not be cheaper versus gas, but it sure saved a lot of time, and to be able to relax seeing great scenery as you cross the sound was worth every penny.
Lots of places to sit, inside and various decks outside, food and beverages available during the trip.
The ship / boat left exactly on time, and we docked exactly 80 minutes later.
Would definitely use again, and we didn't book in advance, so no trouble on a Saturday morning after Labor Day.

1  Thank David M