“SAVES TIME”

16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“SAVES TIME”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Taking the ferry was a great experience and definitely saved time and wear on the car. The ride was smooth and the eggs on a roll and coffee was great. It cost us $137 Round trip for a driver and passenger but it was worth it. They loaded the cars quickly and smoothly. The only problem I had was that on the way home, I could not open the drivers door so I had to climb over the console and out the other door. Thank goodness I was nimble and was able to get out. We had a bit of a laugh and continued on our way.

1 Thank Eileen B

Niantic, Connecticut
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“First timer going to Orient Point”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time taking the ferry to LI, and I must admit, it was much better than driving all the way through CT, down to the Bronx, Throgs Neck Bridge, and back out the island to my destination. The ride was a bit choppy, but would most definitely take the ferry again! Car and two of us was reasonably priced. What a trip parking the car! One of the first onto the ferry, and had upper level parking, right up front! Was curious to see how we disembarked in Orient Point! Then the ramp I was parked on began to lower when the cars below were cleared. Beautiful view of the CT shoreline, New London harbor, Niantic, then turned for Orient Point. Passed Plum Island, into Orient Point. Want to go out there again, and just do the Wine Trail on the Eastern end of the island. Must have passed well over a dozen vineyards.

3 Thank Lee E
Kettering, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Turn up, pay, easy.”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

It's was a weekend so thought it would be a wait to get on a ferry but just turned up, payed about $65 for car and 2 adults and off we went. Thoroughly nice trip and beats driving.

Hyannis Port, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great service, friendly staff, prompt service”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Went to Long Island for weekend wedding, and the ferry was great. We made reservations in advance, and were there plenty early to board ferry. Ferry was very prompt going to and from. We arrived early on way home, and were on standby for the 3pm boat, and ended up being switched to that boat versus waiting for 4pm, which was great (it was raining heavily, so not too much fun).

Food was surprisingly good and reasonable on board. Cookies were fantastic! Huge chocolate chip chunks.

Johnstown, PA
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Sunset ferry with a meal”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

On my way from Mass. to Long Island, I decided to take the ferry from CT to Orient Point. I have taken many vehicle ferries in Europe, but this was my first in the states. I didn't have a reservation, but there was space available, so I waited for about an hour. The ferry loaded me and my vehicle on time, and we were off on our 1 hour, 20 minute ferry ride. I got a spicy chicken panini sandwich and a bowl of soup. The food was fine for this type of attration. Typical grill fare including sandwiches, fries, qeusadillas, etc. There is even a bar on board with TVs. The sunset over the sound was spectacular. This was a nice experience, and it saved me hours of driving down to NYC to get back out onto Long Island.

Visited April 2013