“Can be Hit or Miss type of place”

Mangia Ristorante & Caffe
Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Orchard Park
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The lasagne is overrated. But, I've also had some of the best salmon ever here...so, you just never know what you're going to get. Same with the atmosphere. Some tables are in a great dining room, others are in some random "area" with no ambience whatsoever.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Although I was not impressed with my choices my husband was pleased. I had the chicken tortellini soup which frankly had no flavor and a pretty boring chicken salad. My husband had the chicken salad which he thoroughly enjoyed. So, so... Would I go back, no..

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I was surprised with the casual atmosphere of Mangia, a local, very popular restaurant. We went for lunch and you order at a counter and the server brings your order to the table. The delicious menu including daily specials, is posted on a blackboard behind the counter or on a menu. We all ordered soup-the pasta fagioli (spelling?) was so tasty, served with crackers-I would order this again! I had chicken pesto salad with the recommended dressing- crisp greens and fresh crisp bread, it was a big meal with the soup. My cousin had soup and 1/2 sandwich and my sister had soup and the salmon salad-one of the specials of the day-everyone was full and sated. My negative was my server didn't mention a soup and salad combo therefore I paid $4 more for my lunch than my family did!!!
Servers were very busy so we did wait a bit for a few items-but it was no issue--and with this being a little later for lunch, we sat and talked for a while without any pressure to leave. I liked it! I'll be back!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Recently had dinner here during local restuarant week and the meal was absolutely delicious. Received bread with dipping oil with the salad, which was very fresh and tasty. Next I had the 2 4 0z filet mignons with mushrooms and mash potatoes, phenomenal. One of the best steaks I have ever had. Cooked perfectly medium-well, tender and juicy. Dessert was a homemade cannoli, again one of the best tasted. Dinner room very comfortable. Will definitely be back for dinner. Checked out the rooftop bar, will have to try when I am not so full from dinner and wine.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Managa offers a nice selection of Italian and American fare. After many visits, I continue to find the wait staff friendly and helpful and the menu varied and very cost effective. The dining room is warm and comfortable with exposed brick walls and white tablecloths. You can also dine outside if the weather is nice but I find the center of town traffic outside a little too noisy for my taste.