“Love the Mansard Inn”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have lived in Orchard Park my whole life and now I live in Lackawanna and always passed by this place and thought, "What kind of Restaurant is this?" "I would never go there." It just looks so big and scary. Well, I was wrong. A friend of my husaband's and mine came to visit us from Northern Ireland. It was his last night before going back to his Country. He treated us all out to dinner and it was amazing. The service was friendly, the food was terrific and the atmosphere was perfect. Our second time, my husband and I went there for our 2nd year anniversary and again we were very pleased with everything. I recommend this restaurant very highly if you are looking for a nice, special evening.

1  Thank NinaBele0611

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was told I'd return to Buffalo to have this soup. The recommenders were right. The Mansard Inn French Onion Soup is AMAZING. I will be back. The portions are generous!!

The Mansard Inn seems to be an older, quaint landmark, with delicious food; the atmosphere and bar make you want to order 'an Old Fashioned.' The servers know the locals and engage cheerfully with them, the owner/chef comes to tables to check on you and your food!

Lovely place. I highly recommend a bowl of french onion soup here, along with any drink and their many delicious specials!

1  Thank LisaRaenae
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited the Mansard Inn for the first time yesterday. We had read the reviews prior to selecting this location for dinner. So glad we came here! We were greeted within 1-2 minutes of walking in the door. The woman was very welcoming, and even offered to hang out coats. As we were seated at our table, she even kindly prompted us to watch our step, as there was a small stair to our booth. Our waitress Debbie soon greeted us at our table. She was very kind. Debbie was very informative about the items on the menu. Our order was placed, and shortly after a basket of rolls & crackers was brought. The rolls were delicious and were still warm when brought to us. We were also offered a muffin, either corn, or chocolate. Both very tasty. I heard great things about the french onion soup, and had to try it for myself. Boy was I glad I did, delicious! My boyfriend and I both ordered the Fettucinne Alfredo dinner, which came with a salad, and a vegetable. Our meals both very warm, and very tasty. I wasn't too crazy about the gravy that was on the beef, as I don't like wine, but my boyfriend said it was very flavorful! Debbie did a great job, checking on us at the perfect times. The pricing was very good for the portion sizes! Great first visit, and will definitely be going back again! Will reccommend to others!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Visited Mansard last weekend. Hadn't been there in quite a few years. The menu hasn't changed. The atmosphere hasn't changed and most important the food is as good as ever. Friendly staff. Early Bird Specials. Old Fashioned drinks. Definitely recommend.

2  Thank funsen
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have enjoyed going to the Mansard Inn for over 20 years.

The style is old-fashioned and we like it that way. The food has always been very good and
you will get your money's worth.

The service is impeccable. The servers here have been trained in a classic way and we like their style. Make a reservation with Shelly...she's the best!

I am a little regretful about touting the Mansard Inn. I also like it as a well-kept secret.