“This is our "Special Occasion" place”
Review of Mansard Inn

Mansard Inn
Ranked #19 of 72 Restaurants in Orchard Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“This is our "Special Occasion" place”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have enjoyed going to the Mansard Inn for over 20 years.

The style is old-fashioned and we like it that way. The food has always been very good and
you will get your money's worth.

The service is impeccable. The servers here have been trained in a classic way and we like their style. Make a reservation with Shelly...she's the best!

I am a little regretful about touting the Mansard Inn. I also like it as a well-kept secret.

• Visited November 2012

Kenmore, New York
“Rustic Setting Revisited”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When I worked in Orchard Park, New York approximately thirty years ago, The Mansard Inn was an establishment that my co-workers and I would frequent for delicious luncheons. I always remember a fine waitress who served us by the name of Sara Lee. Since that time, I had only returned once for a holiday party, which was also delightful. As it turned out, my girlfriend found an expired gift certificate for The Mansard Inn. I offered to see if the restaurant would still accept it. On September 15th, I called and spoke to Steve, the owner. He told me I was in luck and that we were welcome to come and still use the gift certificate. Upon arrival, on October 3, 2012, my friend and I were promptly seated and then attended to by a waitress named Debbie. I showed her the certificate and she took it to the back room to check its validity. Out came Steve, the man I had spoken with on the phone. He cheerfully/jokingly inquired as to why I did not just ask for him. From then on, the warm atmosphere continued. My friend and I each ordered a crock of french onion soup, which was excellent. We were served rolls which could easily be pulled apart in sections, and offered a variety of crackers. Simultaneously, we were offered either a piece of corn bread or a cranberry orange muffin. We both chose the cranberry orange muffins which were very tasty. This was followed by a nice-size salad which we selected rather than spinach artichoke soup. We decided to order from the Early Dining Menu, which was in effect until 6:00 p.m. (seven days per week). My friend ordered the filet, which was cooked perfectly. I opted for the barbequed spareribs. A finger bowl was offered to me, but it was never needed as the meat was so tender and was easily separated from the bone. We were offered a choice of Brussels sprouts or squash, but we passed on both. We did not have dessert as we were totally full. We had a nice talk with Steve, the owner, before we left. We vowed to return again in the near future.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank Aseabird
Buffalo, New York
“So glad they are still around”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

If you hate chains and you want a great meal in a place that feels like it is a hold out from the 70's this is it. Their homemade parker house rolls, and their turkey jermome are to die for. and frankly you will be hard pressed to find anything that is not scrumptious and afforable priced on the menue. I likeit 20 years ago and an delighted to see that they are still around and are hanging in and fighting the good fight in the restaurant wars. There are too many medicore places in Orchard Park. This is not one of them. Go there and get pleasantly surprised.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank BrendanCunningham
Buffalo, New York
“Great atomosphere”
Reviewed January 27, 2012

First time and Mansard Inn and thought it was great. It came highly recommended by a coworker of mine. Impressive wine list and cozy, rustic atmosphere. A previous reviewer described the decor as tired. In my opinion, just classic and cozy. Friendly staff and great food. I had filet mignon and french onion soup, both very good. Will definitely return!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Katie A
Elma, New York
“The Mansard pays particular attention to preparing your meal to your exact preference.”
Reviewed January 9, 2012

We've eaten there many times over the years and consistently have been impressed with the very high quality of their meals. They pay particular attention to maintain their high standards. We think they have the BEST French Onion Soup we've ever had and believe me, it has never failed to meet their high standards or ours. They offer homemade dinner rolls AND homemade muffins with all dinners. Yum! Their meats are cooked to perfection, sauces are always delicious, large choice of potatoes, rice, etc. Usually two vegetables to choose from and good drinks which is saying something nowadays. Too many places water down their drinks. Go there! You'll be pleased with your meal!

• Visited January 2012