“The place is a smelly rip-off, DISGUSTING.....Should be closed down”

Red Carpet Inn Orchard Park
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Orchard Park
England, United Kingdom
“The place is a smelly rip-off, DISGUSTING.....Should be closed down”
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I booked this place on the internet but couldn't find these reviews before going. My son and I were going to see the Bills v Patriots on 25th September 2011. The room door had been kicked in and simply nailed back down-no security, there were blood stains on the back of the door too. The walls were running with filthy brown fly-ridden stains, the table top was sticky, the room smelled atrociously, there was a heap of dust and other unmentionables on the skirtings and under the bed. The light in the bathroom was flickery to the point of insanity, the bathroom sink had been pewked in and not properly cleaned, the bath was sticky on all walls and the shower was all mouldy (but it did work). We were stuck and nowhere to go, but over $314 for this room for 2 nights was disgusting, we couldn't get out of in quickly enough. The place should be shut down, and I'm going to write to Buffalo's health and hygene department. It would not be allowed in the UK

Room Tip: Never, Never, Never, Never use this place if you have any decency or personal hygiene. The place sho...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank AllyB49

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Beings I'm a truck driver I stay at a lot of mom and pop joints and like I always say if you expect a Marriott well then go pay their price! The room we had was a clean non-smoking room and seemed pretty nice considering we were just going to be there one night! Although it isn't a bad place if you are used to staying at Super 8 and such like motels then I really don't recommend this but for being a quiet clean place for one night it was quite comfortable!

• Stayed July 2011
Rennselaer, NY
Reviewed August 18, 2009

This is the worst place BY FAR that I have ever stayed at. The room stunk very badly. The vent in the bathroom had been torn out of the ceiling and there was just a hole with loose wires in it's place. The toilet did not work and they refused to let us have another room or do anything to resolve the issue. When I spoke to the front desk attendant, he told me that there was nothing he could do because there were no rooms and there was no one on staff who could do anything to fix the toilet. He brought me to talk to the owner who was outside selling parking spots for the Bills game.
The owner was very rude right from the beginning, telling me that he would do nothing for me and that it must have been my fault that the toilet didn't work because I must have been putting things down the toilet that did not belong. When he had his maintenance person check, the maintenance person told him that it was not an issue of the toilet being clogged, but rather of a water pressure issue with the tank not filling up. The owner still insisted that it was our fault that the toliet would not work and shouted at me "I will not give you a damn dime". He also yelled at me when I would not accept his answer that he would not do anything, by yelling "Do you not speak English?" Very ironic considering that he spoke very broken English himself. Later when we returned from the game to go to bed my girlfriend spotted a syringe laying on the floor.

This was the most disgusting place I have ever been in and although the other staff were at least friendly, if not really helpful, the owner was one of the most disrespectful and unpleasant individuals I have ever met.

Needless to say, I will not ever reccomend a friend to stay here or even a stranger. I would caution anyone who would consider staying here. In the future I will find a place further away from the Stadium the convenience of the location is far outweighed by the awful accomodations.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Trevor32

Travelers are raving about these Orchard Park hotels

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2009

I stayed here with my wife (thank god she loves me). I booked it for a buddy and I to go to a Bills game vs the Packers. We wanted to drink and not have to drive so we booked this place due to its proximity to the stadium. The reservation could not be cancelled because it was a game weekend. My buddy backed out and my wife made the trip.

Even if my buddy would have come and we were just two drunk football fans, this place was still too horrible. But since I was with my wife, it was a disaster. Front desk staff was disgracefully disrespectful and once we finally got registered, we found our way into the worst hotel room ever.

Dirt and dust covered everything. The room stinked like a building stinks after it has been on fire. The sheets stank, the air was terrible and the room was dark and dingy. We brought in our own blanket from the van and at the end of the stay, we had to throw it out....that horrible smell got into it. The bath mat was made of paper, like a place mat at a cheap restaurant, and the only light in the dirty bathroom was like a heat lamp.....so the bathroom was like lit with a red light.

You just had the feeling that something terrible could happen here......strange people hanging around......our door would not shut properly. So one push and that door would easily have popped right off the hinges.........

All and all, this place was worst than you could ever imagine. If you decide to stay there because it is close to the game, dont say you were not warned.

It is 2.5 years since I was there, but I just recently started leaving reviews on here, and I fealt I had to leave this review before I did anything else, since it is by far the dirtiest, dingiest dump I have ever seen in my life.

• Stayed November 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Happy_Traveller04
california
Reviewed June 19, 2008

I have to warn everyone I can, don't stay at this hotel, I found a bedbug in my bed!!! I also found an old box of condoms under the mattress. They don't clean this place at all. It's dirty and dusty and smelly. It was horrible.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed June 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Adriana V
Conshohocken, PA
Reviewed June 26, 2007

We have tix to the Broncos-Bills game on 9/9. All non-smoking rooms were booked. I requested that if any open that possibly I could rent one. The response was (direct quote) "If your boyfriend have allergies in smoking room then it's your problem."

I immediately canceled. By the looks of the other reviews out there, I am grateful.

Stayed June 2007
1 Thank kak20876
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed October 6, 2006

If you plan to go during Bills season, plan on a loud stay....too many partiers! The place is filthy, paper bath mats, Hampton towels, cobwebs everywhere and desperately needed a paint job in the bathroom (baseboard heating). Heat lamp in the bathroom, but no way to turn it on. Very gross, even at that price! A roach motel. Try the Clarion instead, if you are a Bills fan.

• Stayed September 2006
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#4 of 8 in Hamburg

Been to Red Carpet Inn Orchard Park? Share your experiences!