“Holiday Inn - near Palisades”

Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Orangeburg
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Attended a conference in Palisades and stayed at this hotel. It was better than expected as it seems their just completing renovations. Several of my colleagues complained of a lack of hot water in the shower but I had no issues. They were on the other side of the hotel but also said their rooms were a bit larger. A very good buffet breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit, cereal, bread, muffins, juice,coffee, hashbrowns and the other things. Comfortable beds.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
LCrouch, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear John R,

All at the Holiday Inn, Orangeburg appreciate your compliments to us.

Thank you!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen

Reviewed January 9, 2013

The staff at the Holiday Inn made my stay a spectacular one! Believe it or not this was my first Holiday Inn stay. I reckon I stayed at about every hotel chain out there but I cant remember ever staying at a Holiday Inn. So my wife and myself arrived to the hotel and upon first impression of the lobby I thought to myself this is a niceeee place. They had those warm oven baked chocolate chip cookies near the front desk. I was there for a couple nights and every night around 6pm I would sneak away from the wife and go eat some in the lobby. Checking in to the hotel I was greeted by a nice lovely young lady (maybe Kristen or Crystal sorry i forget her name). Anyway she was very kind and informative with explaining all the hotel amenities and told me about how I get a free breakfast in the morning. She also printed me directions to the place I needed to go the following morning. After we got a keys we when to our room.... it was great! We had a nice king size bed, a microwave and one of the little fridges!! Our bathroom was nice and spacious. We had a great stay and would stay here again if ever in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Glad to hear your stay was spectacular!

And welcome to The IHG Holiday Inn brand.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We've worked with many hotels in arranging our events. The Holiday Inn in Orangeburg was by far one of the best and easiest experiences we've had. Nicole in sales went above and beyond what we expected, giving us amazing service down to and including helping out with notifications and signage for our group around the hotel. Hotel desk staff and housekeeping were also top-notch answering every request and call graciously and with efficiency. On the night of our event, our group was filled with rave reviews of the hotel, its rooms, and its staff. We had a fantistic experience with Holiday Inn and we will without a doubt be back to work with them again. Thank you so much!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

TCN events,

We're so glad your experience at our Hotel was spectacular,
and thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and hotel.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I am blown away by the good reviews on this site. The room was terrible and dirty. There was garbage left from the previous guest and that was not the worst part.

The cleaning staff washes linens with the laundry door open which causes the humid to escape to the rooms. Our door was warped and did not lay flush against the frame. Is allowed light into the room from the hallway and also, had someone tried they easily could push their way into the room. The dampness caused everything in the room to smell which included my clothes. Thankfully only stayed one night but in hindsight I wish I would have driven home.

The place is not expensive but not cheap. I have stayed in holiday inn all across the country and never would believe it could be this bad.

If you can, avoid.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
LCrouch, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Jester8911,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments to us.
We are sorry to hear that your stay with us was not a pleasant one.
I do want you to know that there have been quite a few changes made since
your stay in October. One being that of new management as of this
past December.
We are working very hard at implementing various changes and
improvements in order to ensure guest satisfaction, as it is a priority to us.
All issues mentioned in your comment have been addressed, and we do
appreciate your input.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Stayed New Years Eve 2013. Huge Clean Rooms. C'mon 2 Flatscreens in Each! LOL. Staff Professional. Very Cool. Late Checkout. All Around Nice Experience. Only Negative And Not The Hotels Fault. The Frieght Train.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Stingray62,

Thank you so much for your positive comments about our Inn.

Nice to hear we are "Cool".

Thanks again

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The first strange thing is that this hotel seems to be wedding party central. Lots of people hanging around, lots of drinking… it was hard to even reach the front desk. Next is that there are two wings, and we were in one wing (we are priority club members), and our friends were relegated to the other wing, which seemed to be where the after-party was for the drunken wedding guests. Our room was standard, and served the purpose, but the shower was either scalding or freezing. The hotel bartender didn't know how to make a mixed drink, and the beer was skunked. Plus, the entire property looked like a disaster the next morning at 10am, with garbage and debris on the floors and even at the front door.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
LCrouch, General Manager at Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2012

ReneeRon,

On occasion, wedding groups can get a bit "caught up in the moment" while enjoying themselves. I do apologize that this particular weekend was one of them. Generally, it is not an issue, and both individual guests, along with groups, enjoy their stay without issue.

I have investigated the problem you incurred with regard to extreme temperatures in the shower, and have corrected the problem in the rooms involved. I do thank you for bringing it to my attention.
We also have increased our cleaning staff, in efforts to make sure our Inn is kept to proper standards, and remains clean and presentable to our guests.
Your constructive comments have been taken seriously, and I thank you for the input.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was here for a business trip, and stayed five nights. Opposite to some comments, my room was very good, clean, and well maintained. No complaints about the room and the normal breakfast. When I have to be here for business, I definitely stay here. Only at night the whistle blow of the train is a little bit "annoying"

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Johan 51,

Your compliments are greatly appreciated, and our
entire staff here thanks you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orangeburg
Residence Inn Orangeburg Rockland/Bergen
Hilton Pearl River
Hilton Pearl River
#1 of 1 in Pearl River
Tarrytown House Estate on the Hudson

Been to Holiday Inn Orangeburg - Rockland / Bergen? Share your experiences!