“Great Hotel with a Big Heart!!”

Holiday Inn Oneonta
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We live in town, so our need to stay in the Holiday Inn is limited, but yesterday, we participated in a community wide collection and donation event for victims of Hurricane Sandy in NYC. Not only did the Holiday Inn host the event, but they also made sure all volunteers were fed and well taken care of. And, they donated linens and bedding to the cause!! Above anything else you can tell what kind of people you are dealing with by their actions, not their PR or advertising. I want to tell you that the folks at Holiday Inn Oneonta are wonderful!! Definitely consider them as you choose hotels in the area!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
OneontaHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

We truly appreciate your kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you and this cause. The event was beyond successful and the volunteers were amazing. We look forward to working with your organization again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Oneonta

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I just spent two nights at this Holiday Inn in Oneonta. This is an older, tired property that desperately needs some updating. The hallways were dim, and the rugs dirty. The rooms were dated, and our bathroom fan did not work, hence the mold on the ceiling. We were there for a wedding so checked out the function room the day before the reception. "The Grand Ballroom" was not grand, the rugs needed replacement, no windows, low ceilings, no atmosphere.

On the other hand, the staff was great. Always smiling, pleasant, and helpful. I would give the staff high marks for service!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the function hall as many guests that were not part of the wedding were co...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

I am sorry to hear we failed to meet your expectations. We continually look for areas in which we could improve and your comments are helpful. I am pleased that you found our level of service to be great! We strive to give only the best service to all of our guests.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

As far as Holiday Inn's go... this one is rather average. Nothing great... but no complaints either. I usually stay here when on business in the area. The rooms are always clean. It's a bit overpriced, but usually solidly booked during the Cooperstown little league baseball season. (You'll also have unsupervised children running around the hallways during the summer season too.... just a warning).

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. We are happy you stay with us while traveling on business. Be sure to mention your company name next time you make your reservation as there may be a discounted rate established with our hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We chose to stay at the Holiday Inn in Oneonta because it is pet friendly. We were taking a little excursion to visit Howe Caverns and Ommegang Brewery and this hotel was sort of in the middle. We didn't spend too much time at the hotel, but it was clean and comfortable and the WiFi was acceptable. The breakfast cafe had a buffet with waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc for $10 a person or you could order from the menu The kids ate free and we had been given a coupon when we checked in so we only had to pay for one meal.

A wedding reception was taking place in the banquet room and there was a bit of noise from the party but luckily it wasn't too loud and we were able to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank xNYmomOf2x
OneontaHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your review! I hope you had a great time at Howe Caverns and the brewery. I happy to hear we provided a comfortable stay for you and your family, including your pet! When visiting the area again, I hope you choose the Holiday Inn Oneonta.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

This hotel is almost 1-mile east of downtown and on the other side of I-88. Good place to stay if touring the area or visiting Cooperstown (which is what brought us there). We found our room to be quite clean with no mold. We did have issues with the door locks but maintenence was right on it (both times) eventually replacing the entire mechanism after the first fix started to fry the wiring. From then on--absolutely no issues. The staff was courteous and friendly--all smiles from the front desk to maintenance and housekeeping. We stayed on the side farthest from the road, bar and restaurant and I'm glad we did. Saturday night included a wedding party/reception that was "thumpy", but it ended at a reasonable time and all was quiet by midnight. We pre-purchased the breakfast voucher which adds $20 to the nightly rate and is worth--exactly $20 in food purchases. This works well when travelling as a couple as the buffet runs $9.95. I overheard one trio comment that they owed '38 cents' on their menu-order breakfast. Breakfast fare is pretty much what you'd expect. The buffet included scrambled eggs, breakfast meats (both different each day), pancakes, cereals, mixed fruits, muffins, make-your-own waffles. Coffee/tea and a variety of juices are included in the buffet price. They also have a full service breakfast menu. We didn't eat any other meals at the hotel. If back in the area, I'll definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Breakfast voucher good up to $20 total only.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chas501

Thank you for your review and kind words. I am happy to hear you will be staying with us again in the future. I look forward to having you back with our family.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is a good hotel to stay at for its proximity to Cooperstown. Staff were friendly and rooms clean, comfy beds. The only drawback was the noise level from the soccer team who were also staying in the hotel. I guess you can only make the walls so thick.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the noise caused by the soccer team. You're right by saying we can only make the walls so thick! We do however enforce a curfew for sports teams and remain in constant contact with the coaches to ensure the teams do not get out of control and are quietly in their rooms by a certain time. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

This Holiday Inn was not as updated as some properties, but my room in the back wing was in reasonable condition and clean. Bed and bed linens comfortable, bath linens typical. Heat/cool unit worked just right and not too loud. Tub/toilet showing their age. Hallway carpets also showing age.

Never did find the breakfast for which I'd been given a complimentary coupon as a Priority Club member. Restaurant was closed during the time they'd said breakfast would be available, so apparently breakfast wasn't in the restaurant. Table in hallway near lobby had coffee, tea, and some unripe fruit. I hope that isn't what they considered "breakfast."

There's a relatively large grassy area in the back, and also a basketball hoop. The area in the back was great for dog walking.

I understand this is a very tourist-y area, but I was able to make my one-night reservation on very short notice, and happily, my special location request could be accommodated. Management, perhaps the availability of the room suggests that there's really not quite that much demand for rooms priced at $170 (the AAA discount) on a Thursday night...even if it may be peak tourist season in the area?

Overall, I was happy with the cleanliness of the comfortable room and the pet-friendly site, but have mixed feelings about it due to price and the other things mentioned above. I would probably research TripAdvisor further for a less expensive place if I am in the area this time next year.

Room Tip: Rooms in back have easy access to nice dog walk area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
OneontaHI, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We offer competitive rates during our peak season and I appreciate the feedback. I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Oneonta area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Hampton Inn Oneonta
#5 of 9 in Oneonta
Holiday Inn Express Cooperstown
Comfort Inn & Suites at the Ballpark
Best Western Plus Cooperstown Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!