“No elevators”

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Houston, Texas
“No elevators”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

I stayed for the Hall of Fame Induction weekend and since we could not find any hotel in Cooperstown we had to stay at this hotel. The hotel was overpriced, my elderly mother was traveling with us and since the hotel has NO elevator she had to take the stairs. Same way with carrying suitcases...
I left an item in the room by mistake and still waiting for a response from the hotel. Breakfast was included but the quality was not that good. If you are going to Cooperstown try to stay somewhere else, it takes over 30 minutes to get there, this hotel it is located at Oneonta's outskirts.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Boston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

We booked a stay at the Holiday Inn anticipating better than average accommodations. What we got was a typical economy motel setup. Billed as all nonsmoking the room definitely had the smell of a previous smoker. The air conditioning was extremely noisy and made it hard for everyone to get to sleep. The bathroom area left no space to place dopp kits. I will say that everywhere the staff is extremely gracious and courteous, from the front desk to housekeeping. It's clear that they have all been trained in customer service. The breakfast is also better than the standard fare, served in a dining area with self-help buffet and wait staff combined. The game area that we hoped the kids would enjoy had equipment that wasn't working and was too small to handle the number of interested parties.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Soxfan36
magnolia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I got this hotel through Priceline for one night because we decided to head up to Cooperstown a day early. I did not like it at all. The only thing I can say that was good was their free breakfast. Their breakfast is better then Hampton Inns. The room was NOT upgraded as it stated on their brochure...at least not what I would consider upgraded. The beds are NO COMPARISION to The Hampton.

When we went to shower the tub was so clogged up we had 8 inches of water in the tub while we were cleaning up. The sink in the bathroom was CLOGGED TOO and they took out the stopper thingy and had it laying on the counter.

The room was musty and just didnt seem CLEAN. I am sorry, but I didnt enjoy my stay here at all. For the price I paid I expected more.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HIOneonta, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, July 18, 2011
We are sorry your recent stay was only average. We strive to exceed our guests expectations and our leisure and business customers normally feel that we do. If visiting the Oneonta/Cooperstown area again we hope that you will try us again. Our maintenance staff is on property daily to assist you if needed. Thank you for bringing these items to our attention.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

Great stay and service... Front desk help couldn't have been better to fix a problem that wasn't their fault... Than was awesome... thank you

• Stayed June 2011
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

Now this hotel has gotten it right...they know good customer service and practice it everyday.
Clean hotel, clean rooms, friendly staff, very accomodating.
My goodness, they even include free breakfast buffet!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank CaroleG62
Clifton Springs, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

I want to thank the staff at this hotel for doing an outstanding job. It was a pleasure to be greeted by cheerful employees to a hot and FREE breakfast each morning. The food quality was better than almost every other hotel I have been at in the past year. Front end employees did due diligence to ensure I had what I needed for my stay. I look forward to staying here again and hope to bring my family along!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Jonathan D
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Great Breakfast food, table setup and waitresses to serve! Best Holiday Inn food service. Above-average room with king bed, wifi, and flatscreen.

They need to be sure that all talking/drinking guests are removed from pool area after 9 PM, voices echo in the still of the night. Great lounge with bar, television. Also, great video game room. After Cooperstown exercise, I didn't use the gym.

Capital improvement plans have to include an elevator for the 2-floor facility. An indoor jacuzzi and steam spa would make the facility top-notch. Price charged was not competitive with the holiday inn closer to Cooperstown. With free drinks, and breakfast, still $80 too high.

I had a pleasant stay while visiting Cooperstown.

Gus Garcia Jr.

Room Tip: Make reservations ahead of time to get better rate