“Comfortable Stay with Great Coffee!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Oneonta

Hampton Inn Oneonta
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Oneonta
Medina, OH
“Comfortable Stay with Great Coffee!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights while in town with my son's baseball team. This is the closest hotel to the Cooperstown All Star Village - 5 min drive tops. Despite the fact that the hotel was booked almost to capacity, it really never seemed like it. Our room was clean with comfortable beds. Didn't really hear much noise from hallway or other other rooms and we were right by the elevators. I have learned to keep the fan set to ON to muffle outside noise, and so that when the a/c or heat kicks on it doesn't wake me, as I am a light sleeper. The free breakfast was plentiful and tasty every day and my husband & I can't say enough about the fantastic coffee! We love that it's available at all hours of the day too. The afternoon snacks are a bonus as well. Friendly, helpful staff made this a very pleasant stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear dssmom,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. From the spacious room, to our On-The-House Breakfast to our 24/7 Coffee Bar in our lobby. As you mentioned, our location to the Cooperstown All Star Village is a quick, 5 minute drive, which is convenient when commuting during your stay. Our afternoon cookies are a perfect snack for everyone at the hotel. We hope you will visit the area again.

Ashley Camarata

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

Hampton Inn Oneonta is an excellent hotel for both the family and business traveler. Despite how busy the hotel is this time of year, the staff work hard to provide a welcoming and positive experience for their guests. Housekeeping keeps the rooms very clean. Maintenance keeps the grounds well-maintained with seasonal plants and flowers.

My experience with front desk staff has been consistently very positive, and I've stayed at the hotel on business a number of times this year. Staff are professional but friendly. Overall, I've been impressed at how helpful they are and how quickly they learn/remember guests' names and preferences.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Lisa C,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. First, I would like to thank you for being a loyal guest at our hotel. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, our hotel is great for the family or business traveler. We look forward to your next stay!

Rockaway, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute, which I do not like to do without checking the reviews first.Kerry, the woman at the front desk was very helpful when we called and even more helpful when we got there. She helped us pick very nice place to have dinner. The room was clean and neat.It was the best fly by the minute decision we ever made. Would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear shaight,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you found our front desk agent, Kerry, to be extremely helpful when making a last minute reservation. I will be sure to forward along your great review to her! We hope you will visit the area again and stay at our hotel.

Rhinebeck, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

The staff was extremely helpful in arranging dinner even though the restaurant that delivered was closing. They delivered our dinner with no problems. The front desk was great. The rooms were neat and clean, the internet access was good (not great). The breakfast was very good.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Jay S,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, we do not have a restaurant on site but within a two mile radius have a vast amount of options; many that deliver to our hotel exclusively. We hope you will stay with us again.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We were invited to a wedding with accommodations with the Hampton in Oneonta, NY first of all we have a daughter with a traumatic brain injury as a result of an automobile accident and we have been in many motels from here to Albany NY. We have never experiences such a disorganized, unprofessional, ill managed motel in all of our stays. I called 8 times to assure that I had just the right room for my handicapped daughter. I called again on the day of the wedding and the staff had not assigned rooms as of yet. When we arrived at 3:21 the brides parents were at the front desk obviously very upset, the wedding party had reserved rooms (months ahead) at this motel and buses to shuttle the party of approximately 80 people to the reception, they had given the bridal parties rooms to the baseball team, obviously because they were staying longer. The people behind the counter were very rude and lied about the rooms being under maintenance. Getting back to my situation: Like I said I called several times in a three month span to make sure my daughter would have the handicap accessibility she needed, I specifically said a bar by the toilet, shower and a shower chair they assured my that would be no problem. The room we were put in was for the hearing impaired, with no bars except the standard one in the shower. I had to help her toilet, and she was unable to shower at all. When we got up in the morning and went out to have coffee and breakfast (9:15) the cleaning people went in our room and was cleaning even before our belongings were out of it. I hadn't turned in the key and I still had things in the refrigerator.(How legal is that?) Just an overall unpleasant,nerve-wracking experience. Linda W

Room Tip: "Never book for wedding party accommodations."
Dear Linda R,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and conditions of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we regret our misstep in room assignment for your family. Your comfort and safety are our highest priorities and will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We have shared your comments with our team and assure you appropriate steps have been made to correct the issues you encountered with room assignments and accessibility. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve. If we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.

Bridgewater, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Front desk staff was exceptionally friendly and had directions to anywhere you needed to go to. Free breakfast was decent and saved us the cost and time of going out to get it on our own. I would recomend this hotel especially if you are going to All Star Village to play ball

Dear Melissa G,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad to hear you were extremely pleased with your stay. As you mentioned, On-The-House breakfast offers a large array of food to start your day off right. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. We are glad you enjoyed your stay while visiting the Cooperstown All Star Village!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel is about a 25 minute drive from DreamsPark and about 40 minutes to downtown Cooperstown. I did not have any problems with traffic or delays getting back and forth at any time. The hotel is clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful with every request. Their complimentary breakfast was very good every morning and provided enough options to satisfy every taste.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

SalesManagerONHNJ, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Oneonta, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Dear 601tammyl,

I'm Ashley Camarata, the Sales Manager at the Hampton Inn Oneonta. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am glad you enjoyed our clean and comfortable hotel. We take pride in having a friendly and helpful staff. As you mentioned, our hotel has a convenient location to both Cooperstown Dreams Park and Cooperstown. We hope you will stay with us again if in the area.

Ashley Camarata
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oneonta
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area
BEST WESTERN Cooperstown Inn & Suites
Lake Front Hotel
Lake Front Hotel
#7 of 16 in Cooperstown

Been to Hampton Inn Oneonta? Share your experiences!